There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-20-2020, 08:40 AM by Tr1x24 )

(10-20-2020, 02:12 AM)Gijima Wrote: As you can see the makeup of this pride is completely different, with young cubs and one male subadult who’s the Birmingham male’s age. This is the pride the Ross Males are dominant over. I don’t think they control the one with 7 males at all.

Hmm interesting, but i think thats the same pride, theres lot of young males there, and 1 older as you said, just as on this recent sightings..

But some of those subadults look too young to be sired by Avoca/Giraffes..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Gijima Offline

(10-20-2020, 08:38 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 02:12 AM)Gijima Wrote: As you can see the makeup of this pride is completely different, with young cubs and one male subadult who’s the Birmingham male’s age. This is the pride the Ross Males are dominant over. I don’t think they control the one with 7 males at all.

Hmm interesting, but i think thats the same pride, theres lot of young males there, and 1 older as you said, just as on this recent sightings..

But some of those subadults look too young to be sired by Avoca/Giraffes..

Ok yeah I see that now... but if these are the same males, wow, they grew a lot between July and Oct!
1 user Likes Gijima's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-20-2020, 05:58 PM)Gijima Wrote: Ok yeah I see that now... but if these are the same males, wow, they grew a lot between July and Oct!

Hope we can see more of them on We, to see better their aprox. age.

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Birmingham breakaway pride with cubs June 2018

*This image is copyright of its original author

2 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

I asked to Ziggi when he saw the Birmingham breakaway pride about how many young males he saw on the pride. Definitely are seven boys. What a formidable coalition they could be on a future!
1 user Likes Timbavati's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-20-2020, 07:00 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: I asked to Ziggi when he saw the Birmingham breakaway pride about how many young males he saw on the pride. Definitely are seven boys. What a formidable coalition they could be on a future!

Can you ask him are the Ross males even dominant over Birmingham Breakaway? That would solved a lot of question who sired those youngsters..

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

The pics are not in order but saw the Giraffe pride, Burningham break away pride and Avoca pride in one morning.
Image by: Ziggi Hugo

5 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Rudi Hulshoff a few days ago answered with the below to a comment on his post about the Giraffe male: Large tracks of land beyond Sandringham that have no commercial lodges and are wilderness without too much human presence. Could easily be camping there too.

If I don't misunderstand the text. He is trying to say that probably the Giraffe male could be "alive" there?

Brahimlegend Offline
Moderators

More likely the Giraffe Male was dead soon as he went missing.
1 user Likes Brahimlegend's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(10-21-2020, 03:58 AM)Brahimlegend Wrote: More likely the Giraffe Male was dead soon as he went missing.

Could be. 
However. In my opinion still is so early to confirm that he has died.
4 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

The youngest Birmingham lioness [Born in 2017] and their cubs seen recently during Sunrise drive with (Wildearth.TV) 
Screenshot from: Wildearth(YouTube)
dt. 21.10.2020.

4 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

The two youngest members of the Birmingham pride during Sunrise drive with Wildearth
Screenshot from: Wildearth(YouTube)
dt. 21.10.2020.

3 users Like Timbavati's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-21-2020, 10:54 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: The youngest Birmingham lioness [Born in 2017] and their cubs seen recently during Sunrise drive with (Wildearth.TV) 
Screenshot from: Wildearth(YouTube

She is the sister of young Birmingham male, so she is born in 2016..

Timbavati Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 10-21-2020, 06:10 PM by Timbavati )

As far I remember. The young Birmingham female is one of the two surviving cubs from 2017.
I believe and most likely that the young Birmingham lioness was born at the end of 2016/early 2017.
As per Road du Plessis around March 2020 she was 3.5 years old.
So,around say 2017 could be correct

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

*RIVER PRIDE UPDATE*
Hosi and Socha have done it again! Another two bundles of cuteness were spotted this morning bringing the total cub tally now to 12

These little ones got separated from the pride as they moved towards the river and the heavy winds meant mum wasn't able to hear their pleas for her. Happily, after many long and panicked minutes, they finally reunited safely with their family - but not before one of the cutest sightings we think we've ever had
2 users Like Potato's post