There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-17-2020, 02:46 PM by Tr1x24 )

(10-17-2020, 01:22 PM)BA0701 Wrote: According to this video, the narrator claims that the young Birmingham Male is walking quite well. However, the main reason I bought it here, is that he claims they saw the tracks of the "Ross Males". So, it sounds like both of them are together. You have to listen closely, because the audio is broken up a little, obvious technical difficulties. Hope this helps my friend.

Yes, both Ross males where seen yesterday together. 

3 younger Birmingham males (they are 2.2 yrs old now) :

(white male) 

*This image is copyright of its original author

(lighter maned male) 

(Dark Maned male) 

White male comes to greet his big brother:

Rangers pointed out that 3 younger males are very attached to the older young male, always greeting him when near by and they speculated that coalition of this 4 is quite possible at this stage, theres 2 yrs difference between them, but the older young male was not ousted off the pride and he will prob wait his younger brothers.

Thats now even more likely because it looks like Ross males are spending less and less time with the pride..
7 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Online
Moderators

(10-17-2020, 02:44 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(10-17-2020, 01:22 PM)BA0701 Wrote: According to this video, the narrator claims that the young Birmingham Male is walking quite well. However, the main reason I bought it here, is that he claims they saw the tracks of the "Ross Males". So, it sounds like both of them are together. You have to listen closely, because the audio is broken up a little, obvious technical difficulties. Hope this helps my friend.

Yes, both Ross males where seen yesterday together. 

3 younger Birmingham males (they are 2.2 yrs old now) :

(white male) 

(lighter maned male) 

(Dark Maned male) 

White male comes to greet his big brother:

Rangers pointed out that 3 younger males are very attached to the older young male, always greeting him when near by and they speculated that coalition of this 4 is quite possible at this stage, theres 2 yrs difference between them, but the older young male was not ousted off the pride and he will prob wait his younger brothers.

Thats now even more likely because it looks like Ross males are spending less and less time with the pride..

As a coalition of four male the future of them look and sound really fantastic.

Them could be a problem for the Ross males
2 users Like Timbavati's post

Gijima Offline

@BA0701 I actually just saw a pic of the Ross male that I thought was missing. Looks like he got scratched up during a hunt: 

Credit: Od Cine (10/17/20)
5 users Like Gijima's post

Timbavati Online
Moderators

Rudi Hulshof: Although still unconfirmed, it’s all but accepted that the #giraffemale lion has died. We have not seen him for about 6 months now, and he has also not been seen in the company of the blackdampride of lions here on the reserve at royalmalewane in South Africa. 

Should he make a reappearance and again be seen on our #wildlife photographic safari, I will be sure to correct this assumption of mine, but for now his memory has been immortalized by the thousands of photos, guides and guests alike have taken of him during his life.
4 users Like Timbavati's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(10-18-2020, 02:10 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: Rudi Hulshof: Although still unconfirmed, it’s all but accepted that the #giraffemale lion has died. We have not seen him for about 6 months now, and he has also not been seen in the company of the blackdampride of lions here on the reserve at royalmalewane in South Africa. 

Should he make a reappearance and again be seen on our #wildlife photographic safari, I will be sure to correct this assumption of mine, but for now his memory has been immortalized by the thousands of photos, guides and guests alike have taken of him during his life.

Sadly, this is what we were afraid of. My money is on his having been poached after he went to that shady private reserve, which has a criminal past involving poaching. Last time he was seen was when he went over there.
1 user Likes BA0701's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(10-18-2020, 02:10 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: Rudi Hulshof: Although still unconfirmed, it’s all but accepted that the #giraffemale lion has died. We have not seen him for about 6 months now, and he has also not been seen in the company of the blackdampride of lions here on the reserve at royalmalewane in South Africa. 

Isn't entire core Black Dam pride out of Malewane as well for months already? It doesn't mean they died. We could make such assumptions if the core pride was viewd without Giraffe male, but does that did happen?
3 users Like Potato's post

Timbavati Online
Moderators

(10-18-2020, 02:54 AM)Potato Wrote:

Isn't entire core Black Dam pride out of Malewane as well for months already? It doesn't mean they died. We could make such assumptions if the core pride was viewd without Giraffe male, but does that did happen?

Being honest I would like think that the Giraffe male is alive and well.

I knock on wood for it
3 users Like Timbavati's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(10-18-2020, 03:12 AM)TinoArmando Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 02:54 AM)Potato Wrote:

Being honest I would like think that the Giraffe male is alive and well.

I knock on wood for it

I couldn't agree more my friend. Nothing would make me happier than to be completely wrong in this instance. I have been concerned for him since he went over there, after @Tr1x24  found out what he found on that property. That's why I asked about him a few days ago. 

Have the females that went with him been seen since then?
2 users Like BA0701's post

Timbavati Online
Moderators

2 of the Birmingham pride members on the move
Image by: Mammoth Safaris
October 2020

3 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Online
Moderators

The Birmingham young [white male] is looking much bigger and strong every day!
Image by: Wim Scheepers

Timbavati Online
Moderators

The two white lions of the Birmingham pride near Orpen Gate two weeks ago!
Image by: Daan Vd Wetering

5 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Online
Moderators

Mbiri male
image by: Wildlife Huibs

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(10-18-2020, 11:11 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: Mbiri male

From last year 1vs3 with against Nharhu males.
2 users Like Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-19-2020, 12:07 AM)Potato Wrote: From last year 1vs3 with against Nharhu males

Theres no evidence that he fight all 3 Nharu males at once, he would prob not survive that..

Timbavati Online
Moderators

(10-19-2020, 12:07 AM)Potato Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 11:11 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: Mbiri male

From last year 1vs3 with against Nharhu males.

You're wrong my friend.
The first encounter Mbiri vs Nharhu males was in September 2019 and the Nharhu male have pushed out the Mbiri and took-over their territory. words confirmed by Chad Cocking via Direct Message.