There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

I stay behind the words of mister Chad Cocking
If the Mbiri male [Shaka] was on 2v1 against the Nharhu males he wasn't able live to count it. 
The Nharhu males around the month of September were in perfect shape without any kind of injuries. So is't impossible that have attacked to the Mbiri male without being hurt.

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Blackdam lioness
Image by: Rudi Hulshoff

*This image is copyright of its original author
1 user Likes Timbavati's post

Gijima Offline

Birmingham Breakaway Pride (wildearth- 10/19/20). Apparently they have 7 males between 3-4 years old. What a great future coalition if they all make it. 

2 users Like Gijima's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(10-19-2020, 10:54 PM)Gijima Wrote: Birmingham Breakaway Pride (wildearth- 10/19/20). Apparently they have 7 males between 3-4 years old. What a great future coalition if they all make it. 

Western males sons also known in Manyeleti as the Avoca/Giraffe males

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-19-2020, 11:19 PM by Tr1x24 )

(10-19-2020, 10:54 PM)Gijima Wrote: Birmingham Breakaway Pride (wildearth- 10/19/20). Apparently they have 7 males between 3-4 years old. What a great future coalition if they all make it. 

What? 7 males? I taught they had 1 male around the age of Birmingham young male and then few subadults.. But holy..

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

"I stay behind the words of mister Chad Cocking"

I literally gave you link to his raport from the  time Mbiris were competed with Nharhus over River pride. 

"If the Mbiri male [Shaka] was on 2v1 against the Nharhu males he wasn't able live to count it. "

There haven't been any other than Nharhus male lions in the arena by that time. Shaka also had wounds to his hind quaters (as it is stated in Tanda Tulaąs raports)  which is give away for the confrontation one vs two or more. Moreover Shaka isn't neither first or second who survived such  a confrontation. 

Gijima Offline

@Tr1x24 Check out the sunrise episode. The ranger definitely said “Birmingham breakaway” and 7 males (11 lions total). At this point I’m confused about how many Birmingham breakaways there are.
1 user Likes Gijima's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

The beautiful and massive Mapoza male with  new scars to add to his story
Image by: Ziggi Hugo

5 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(10-19-2020, 11:19 PM)Potato Wrote: "I stay behind the words of mister Chad Cocking"

I literally gave you link to his raport from the  time Mbiris were competed with Nharhus over River pride. 

"If the Mbiri male [Shaka] was on 2v1 against the Nharhu males he wasn't able live to count it. "

There haven't been any other than Nharhus male lions in the arena by that time. Shaka also had wounds to his hind quaters (as it is stated in Tanda Tulaąs raports)  which is give away for the confrontation one vs two or more. Moreover Shaka isn't neither first or second who survived such  a confrontation. 

Okay... Going through this logic the Nharhu males have beaten the Mbiri male easily. because I didn't see any scar on the three males.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-19-2020, 11:20 PM)Gijima Wrote: @Tr1x24 Check out the sunrise episode. The ranger definitely said “Birmingham breakaway” and 7 males (11 lions total). At this point I’m confused about how many Birmingham breakaways there are
I check it. 

Yeah lol, it looks like that every other lion pride in that area they call Birmingham breakeaway hehe.. 
But he said that he didnt see them all together for a long time, so before maybe we seen only part of Birmingham breakeaway.. 

1 male seems to be the oldest, like Injured Birmingham male, then 3 slightly younger and 3 youngest.. Those 3 youngest might be sons of Ross males..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

The young male from the Birmingham breakaway pride at Shindzela Tented Camp
Image by: Ziggi Hugo

3 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 10-19-2020, 11:33 PM by Timbavati )

(10-19-2020, 11:25 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 11:20 PM)Gijima Wrote: @Tr1x24 Check out the sunrise episode. The ranger definitely said “Birmingham breakaway” and 7 males (11 lions total). At this point I’m confused about how many Birmingham breakaways there are
I check it. 

Yeah lol, it looks like that every other lion pride in that area they call Birmingham breakeaway hehe.. 
But he said that he didnt see them all together for a long time, so before maybe we seen only part of Birmingham breakeaway.. 

1 male seems to be the oldest, like Injured Birmingham male, then 3 slightly younger and 3 youngest.. Those 3 youngest might be sons of Ross males..

I don't think.
The Avoca/Giraffe males were with the Birmingham breakaway pride till November 2017. Plus 110 days to give a birth new cubs (almost four months). Those sub-adults might have born in early months of 2018.  (video as proofs).
1 user Likes Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

The Birmingham Breakaway Pride with two Western males were found yesterday morning. Lately we have been struggling to find adult males so this was a great delight for our guests to view them all together. Watch the female next to the males get up and you can see her physical feature that helps us identify the pride. Those who have seen this pride before might remember too. [video=facebook" target="_blank" class="post_link">https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1695620983821331[/video]
]

3 users Like Timbavati's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-19-2020, 11:38 PM by Tr1x24 )

(10-19-2020, 11:32 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: I don't think.
The Avoca/Giraffe males were with the Birmingham breakaway pride till November 2017. Plus 110 days to give a birth new cubs (almost four months). Those sub-adults might have born in early months of 2018.  (video as proofs).

He said that those 3 youngest are 3 yrs old, but to me they look much younger.. they dont look any bigger the 3 youngesters from Birmingham pride, and they are 2 yrs old.. 

He said that this male who was seen on WildEarth few months ago is the oldest young male from Birmingham Breakeaway :

1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(10-19-2020, 11:36 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 11:32 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: I don't think.

He said that those 3 youngest are 3 yrs old, but to me they look much younger.. they dont look any bigger the 3 youngesters from Birmingham pride, and they are 2 yrs old.. 

He said that this male who was seen on WildEarth few months ago is the oldest young male from Birmingham Breakeaway :

That's is what i said. If those sub-adults are much younger than 3 years old. Also are most likely Avoca/Giraffe sons
We don't know how hard or easy was the life of the sub-adults from the Birmingham pride. 
That's can affect the grown of the mane and size