There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-23-2020, 07:10 PM)Gijima Wrote: The nice Ross Male siting close by. Haven’t seen both together in a while.

Fabio and Birmingham young male :

*This image is copyright of its original author

Also, guide said a history between Birmingham and Birmingham breakeaway pride.. 

They split 4 years ago as they where too big, 28 members, so few lionesses left with few cubs, sired by Avoca/Giraffes.. 
He said that Ross males dominated both prides for around 3 yrs now, and sired cubs in both prides.. So the younger subadults of the Birmingham breakaway are sired by Ross males..
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

The young Birmingham male seen today at Manyeleti Game Reserve
Image by: Neil Jennings 
Manyeleti GR,23.10.2020.
5 users Like Timbavati's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Tanda Tula update

The week started off on a good foot. After the first drive, we had ticked off sightings of buffalo bulls, elephants, rhinos and six members of the Giraffe Pride of lions. Having travelled to the western parts of the concession for fear that the River Pride could go walk about again, we needn’t have worried, as Ginger found them whilst we were with the Giraffe Pride. Then, the next morning, we helped track the pride and found all of them together in the east; two pairs of lions were busy mating and the others were resting off their fat-bellies. That evening, they serenaded us with their roars, and the pride remained in the area for much of the rest of the week as the honeymooners continued their business, which provided some great viewing. Later in the week, the trackers found the Giraffe Pride again, in our western sector this time.

3 users Like Potato's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

That's impossible Ross males took-over Birmingham pride in mid 2018...
2 users Like Timbavati's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-23-2020, 07:32 PM by Tr1x24 )

(10-23-2020, 07:27 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: That's impossible Ross males took-over Birmingham pride in mid 2018...

He said "around 3", its more like 2.5 yes..maybe they takeover Breakeaway pride first.. 
But he confirmed that they are dominating that pride aswell and sired cubs with them..
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(10-23-2020, 12:13 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: @BA0701...

I believe  That is a young male and a female from the Mara.  That young male has a lot lighter overall color than the young Birmingham male imho.

That is what I thought. I got a little confused, because they went from the Ross Males and the Birmingham Pride, and then jumped to that lion. But, indeed I thought he looked a lot lighter. That lighter colored lion, who I'm not sure I've seen before, is absolutely huge for sure.

Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 10-23-2020, 08:08 PM by BA0701 )

(10-23-2020, 06:21 PM)Potato Wrote:
(10-23-2020, 10:45 AM)BA0701 Wrote: Can anyone confirm that is the Young Birmingham Male mating with that lioness? This male looks lighter colored to me, perhaps it is the lighting and the angle of the shot. It is definitely not one of the Ross Males, who appear to be quite close by during this interaction. The young male's leg doesn't seem to be bothering him at all, and he is absolutely massive on top of her, he is really beginning to fill in really well. Either way, this could mean a whole lot of trouble for him, especially if Tyson sees him. Interaction happens at around 7:14

Ok, so after watching it again, when he walks away from her, there is a very slight limp visible.

On the top left corner you have writen Massai Mara.

Understood, I posted it here, because it has the Ross Males and the Brimingham Pride. But, I see what you are referring to, and for some reason, at that time of night here, I missed that part. Thank you @Potato
2 users Like BA0701's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

The two white lions of the Birmingham pride feeding off a Buffalo carcass near Orpen gate (old photo)
Image by: Daan Vd Wetering
Orpen-KNP,23.10.2020. 

6 users Like Timbavati's post

India OrcaDaBest Offline

One question: @TinoArmando, where do u get all these updates and information on lions?

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(10-23-2020, 11:06 PM)OrcaDaBest Wrote: One question: @TinoArmando, where do u get all these updates and information on lions?

Hi my friend.
All this information is been found on Instagram.
As Well facebook groups
3 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 10-24-2020, 05:16 AM by Timbavati )

The Birmingham pride at Ngala Private Game Reserve
Screenshot from: Wildearth.TV
Ngala Private Game Reserve - posted: October 23,.2020.

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

The Xikukutsu males are turning out to be a formidable and handsome coalition! Under the leadership of the Mapoza male, these boys could be the main contenders in the Timbavati area.
Images by: Ziggi Hugo

4 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Male lion - Timbavati Game Reserve, South Africa.
This male use to be one of the dominant Birmingham males in his time.
The coalition of 3 had an argument with a Thornybush game reserve male lion
Image by: Ziggi Hugo

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Tyson Ross male seen yesterday afternoon on WE:

He had quite a big cut on his face, maybe clash with Birmingham young male over night, as young male was seen in Manyeleti that morning, but without any marks of fighting.. 

He rejoined his brother and pride thus morning :

Fabio Ross male:

Birmingham young male still didnt return to the pride, he prob wants to avoid Tyson, or maybe he indeed started his nomadic journey..
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 10-24-2020, 01:26 PM by BA0701 )

(10-24-2020, 11:54 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Tyson Ross male seen yesterday afternoon on WE:

He had quite a big cut on his face, maybe clash with Birmingham young male over night, as young male was seen in Manyeleti that morning, but without any marks of fighting.. 

He rejoined his brother and pride thus morning :

Fabio Ross male:

Birmingham young male still didnt return to the pride, he prob wants to avoid Tyson, or maybe he indeed started his nomadic journey..

I hope he hasn't tbh, I was really hoping he'd at least take Jr with him, and possibly one or two of the other subs, but they are nowhere near ready at this point. If he has left for good, at least he is moving on that back leg better than he has in months. I still wish he'd have taken some help with him.
3 users Like BA0701's post