There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 7 Vote(s) - 4.43 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

Sorry to double post.    But I suspect the offending males are the BDYMs

TROUBLE NO LONGER ON THE HORIZON.   TROUBLE IS HERE!

ITS GOING TO BE AN INTERESTING NEXT FEW DAYS. 

Attached Files Image(s)

3 users Like criollo2mil's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(03-25-2023, 01:09 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Sorry to double post.    But I suspect the offending males are the BDYMs

Lol irony that just a couple of days after I wrote that Ndzengas will likely have challanging reign over central Sabi Sands and it was called "baseless" it comes to this. Anyway since Ndzenga male is roaring that means he is not submissive and that means he wasn't beaten badly.
1 user Likes Potato's post

United States T_Ferguson Online
( This post was last modified: 03-25-2023, 02:05 AM by T_Ferguson )

(03-25-2023, 01:31 AM)Potato Wrote:
(03-25-2023, 01:09 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Sorry to double post.    But I suspect the offending males are the BDYMs

Lol irony that just a couple of days after I wrote that Ndzengas will likely have challanging reign over central Sabi Sands and it was called "baseless" it comes to this. Anyway since Ndzenga male is roaring that means he is not submissive and that means he wasn't beaten badly.

I mean... I guess it has to be the BDM's?  It's just... I can't believe they went in this direction.  This could be an issue also with the 7 coalition sitting just to the southeast.

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

@T_Ferguson no, it was likely in Mala Mala, BDM or Gijimas. Unless he met PCM in their Londolozi border but I doubt, very very unlikely.
2 users Like Mapokser's post

(03-25-2023, 01:59 AM)Mapokser Wrote: @T_Ferguson no, it was likely in Mala Mala, BDM or Gijimas. Unless he met PCM in their Londolozi border but I doubt, very very unlikely.

Sorry.. I will edit my post.. I meant that, but typed the other.
1 user Likes T_Ferguson's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-25-2023, 02:25 AM by Tr1x24 )

(03-25-2023, 01:31 AM)Potato Wrote: Lol irony that just a couple of days after I wrote that Ndzengas will likely have challanging reign over central Sabi Sands and it was called "baseless" it comes to this.

Because it was baseless at that time, as your only reasoning at that time was because they are "small/average", so because of that, they could get challenged by various other coalitions, which i still think is not a good reasoning, because size doesnt matter how succesfull coalition is ( i told you that ).

Now, that discussion was 2 weeks ago, at that time there was no indication that BDM's ( i assume they where the 2 fighting Ndhzenga male ) might be interested into Kambulas/Ndhzengas over Northern Sabi Sands area (in which they where more active prio), as all this Ndhzengas/Kambula vs BDM's interactions and encounters happened just recently and after that discussion.

Also, lets wait as see if BDM's are actually challenging them, or it was a minor clash, maybe for K6 female who was seen with BDM's and Ndhzengas found out about it. 

If they actually challenge Ndhzengas (which would be quite weird and unusual, not only because they are outnumbered, but also because there are 2,3 lone territorial males around them, which would be far easier targets) then ok, you got the prediction right, but i still disagree about the reasoning behind it.

Timbavati Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 03-25-2023, 02:26 AM by Timbavati )

(03-24-2023, 11:09 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Mohawked BDM :

Looking good! Black dam young male #1
2 users Like Timbavati's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(10-27-2022, 06:54 AM)DARK MANE Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 05:09 AM)Cunaguaro Wrote: A crazy sighting at @nkorhobushlodge of the young Talamati male leads the operation to overthrow a huge buffalo with the rest of his pride by @mattywarephotography2020
We're they successful?

(03-25-2023, 01:59 AM)Mapokser Wrote: @T_Ferguson no, it was likely in Mala Mala, BDM or Gijimas. Unless he met PCM in their Londolozi border but I doubt, very very unlikely.

Most likely culprits are BDYMs.    The Gijimas have been seen back on SS w the SP girls.
2 users Like criollo2mil's post

Netherlands Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Well. Any lion can try to challenge the Ndhzengas. Sure it will be suicidal but sometimes lions are just stupid like that.

We shall see if this was the end of it. Or if this is the start of a larger conflict. And if so. If it ends in a predictable disaster for the BDMs or if they have a few tricks in their mane.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

(03-25-2023, 03:24 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Well. Any lion can try to challenge the Ndhzengas. Sure it will be suicidal but sometimes lions are just stupid like that.

We shall see if this was the end of it. Or if this is the start of a larger conflict. And if so. If it ends in a predictable disaster for the BDMs or if they have a few tricks in their mane.

I guess the question is from the dark video there just how harmed Amahle is.  They also were stating the BDM's were sill close by.  So, how soon do Orange Eyes and Gore get there and what's the damage.

Don't forget in all this that there are also a couple of larger coalitions massing to the south near Skukuza airport.  Nobody knows where they'll go, but...
1 user Likes T_Ferguson's post

Have any coalitions of 2 or less held onto that section of Mala Mala and Londoloza in the past several years?  It seems like that area is where the larger coalitions hold territory until they get caught and torn up, and then they move West or north or south.  Obviously too soon to speculate, or be worried, but man am I a a bit upset about Amahle.  I hope it really is minor, or Gore and Orange eyes get there soon.

Ttimemarti Offline

(03-25-2023, 04:19 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote: Have any coalitions of 2 or less held onto that section of Mala Mala and Londoloza in the past several years?  It seems like that area is where the larger coalitions hold territory until they get caught and torn up, and then they move West or north or south.  Obviously too soon to speculate, or be worried, but man am I a a bit upset about Amahle.  I hope it really is minor, or Gore and Orange eyes get there soon.

I mean nhenha and tinyo held that territory nsuku died October 16th 2019 and they held that territory until the 4 n’waswitshakas males arrived in November 2021 and tinyo disappeared please correct me if the dates are wrong
3 users Like Ttimemarti's post

(03-25-2023, 04:56 AM)Ttimemarti Wrote:
(03-25-2023, 04:19 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote: Have any coalitions of 2 or less held onto that section of Mala Mala and Londoloza in the past several years?  It seems like that area is where the larger coalitions hold territory until they get caught and torn up, and then they move West or north or south.  Obviously too soon to speculate, or be worried, but man am I a a bit upset about Amahle.  I hope it really is minor, or Gore and Orange eyes get there soon.

I mean nhenha and tinyo held that territory nsuku died October 16th 2019 and they held that territory until the 4 n’waswitshakas males arrived in November 2021 and tinyo disappeared please correct me if the dates are wrong

So it can be done.  It just seems like that in my limited time of research, and it is limited, it's generally larger coalitions that hold that spot.   I don't fully know the terrain, but it looks like the most wide open to Kruger there.
2 users Like T_Ferguson's post

Ttimemarti Offline

(03-25-2023, 05:00 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote:
(03-25-2023, 04:56 AM)Ttimemarti Wrote:

So it can be done.  It just seems like that in my limited time of research, and it is limited, it's generally larger coalitions that hold that spot.   I don't fully know the terrain, but it looks like the most wide open to Kruger there.

It’s definitely harder but i believe the southern matimbas also controlled this area but they left the area but I believe they had pressure from 3 other coalitions so they left
3 users Like Ttimemarti's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Iirc Southern Matimbas left because the 2 Matshipiri ousted them. They caught them 2v1 IIRC and injured one of HB's hindlimbs. Then same thing happened to Matshipiri, they were caught by the 2 Avocas not long after that.
3 users Like Mapokser's post