There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

BA0701 Online
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 04-02-2023, 01:58 AM by BA0701 )

I mentioned the new dark splotches showing up recently on S8's front right shoulder, earlier. In a new video just released less than an hour ago, you can see them rather well. Strangely, he also had a small spot just behind his right shoulder, on his ribcage, that looks like the same thing. It would seem that whatever S8 has going on with his throat, or mouth, whatever it is does seem to still be bothering him, as can be seen in the night time shots of him with the pride in the road.

9 users Like BA0701's post

Ttimemarti Offline

When was the last time the southern Pride female was seen? Haven’t heard or seen her in a long time
2 users Like Ttimemarti's post

United States T_Ferguson Online

Well, as was stated in the Plains Camp males thread.  We can eliminate Skorro as a possible candidate for roughing up the 1 PCM.

4 users Like T_Ferguson's post

United States T_Ferguson Online
( This post was last modified: 04-03-2023, 01:16 AM by T_Ferguson )

Mohawk still kicking around.  I guess this is Arathusa airstrip?...  I think the group was all seen near Main Rd. last week, so either here, or the airstrip at Chitwa Chitwa.

video credit is Nkorho Bush Lodge, but that is opposite side of Chitwa Chitwa which I think is where the Black Dam Males have been hanging.  Not sure Mohawk is running through there.

5 users Like T_Ferguson's post

Mwk85 Offline
( This post was last modified: 04-04-2023, 09:57 PM by Mwk85 Edit Reason: Corrected spelling error )

S8 male patrolling. Apparently he was being very vocal as well causing members of the Nkuhuma pride to scatter including Mohawk. He (Mohawk) wasn't sighted again afterwards.

10 users Like Mwk85's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(04-02-2023, 03:15 AM)Ttimemarti Wrote: When was the last time the southern Pride female was seen? Haven’t heard or seen her in a long time

Last seen the final week in February.   Some believe she’s Denning near lion sands area.  But it’s been a while.
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Throwback, 1/3 Sand River males at Lion Sands some years back :

Photo Credits : dustybootstravel / Lion Sands

*This image is copyright of its original author
7 users Like Tr1x24's post

Ttimemarti Offline

(04-05-2023, 12:48 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(04-02-2023, 03:15 AM)Ttimemarti Wrote: When was the last time the southern Pride female was seen? Haven’t heard or seen her in a long time

Last seen the final week in February.   Some believe she’s Denning near lion sands area.  But it’s been a while.

I hope she is ok and has new cubs!
3 users Like Ttimemarti's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(10-27-2022, 06:24 AM)DARK MANE Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 04:39 AM)Cunaguaro Wrote: A crazy sighting at @nkorhobushlodge of the young Talamati male leads the operation to overthrow a huge buffalo with the rest of his pride by @mattywarephotography2020
We're they successful?

So Sabi Sabi now seems to be updating their identification of the subs. Now saying there’s only floppy ears as the single boy. I still wonder if theres a second one that still looks like a gilr?? Hmmmm

6 users Like criollo2mil's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-05-2023, 09:07 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: So Sabi Sabi now seems to be updating their identification of the subs.   Now saying there’s only floppy ears as the single boy.   I still wonder if theres a second one that still looks like a gilr??  Hmmmm

Unless they lost some members recently. 
Are all 9 members seem recently ?

Nkuhuma following Styx's? I was thinking this might happen when i saw him at Sabi Sabi, he knows 2 adult females very well.

Unfortunatley for him, they will prob not tolerate him near young subs, although who knows, he was accepted by them once, so maybe he will be again.

It would benefit both parties, especially if 2 adult females get to estrus soon and start mating with Gijimas.
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(04-05-2023, 09:29 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Unfortunatley for him, they will prob not tolerate him near young subs
2 adult females are very likely not enough of a force to keep adult male at bay. Nkuchuma male's presence probably wouldn't be welcome from Styx females, but still he could force his way in.
3 users Like Potato's post

Netherlands Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-05-2023, 10:47 PM by Duco Ndona )

The lionesses will probably seek to avoid him. I am more concerned about him running into the Gijimas.
If he sticked around that is. It seems he returned to the western sector for now.

Mali Mali turned out to be a bust. And now Sabi Sabi did aswell. I wonder which direction he will try next.
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(04-05-2023, 09:29 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(04-05-2023, 09:07 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: So Sabi Sabi now seems to be updating their identification of the subs.   Now saying there’s only floppy ears as the single boy.   I still wonder if theres a second one that still looks like a gilr??  Hmmmm

Unless they lost some members recently. 
Are all 9 members seem recently ?

Nkuhuma following Styx's? I was thinking this might happen when i saw him at Sabi Sabi, he knows 2 adult females very well.

Unfortunatley for him, they will prob not tolerate him near young subs, although who knows, he was accepted by them once, so maybe he will be again.

It would benefit both parties, especially if 2 adult females get to estrus soon and start mating with Gijimas.

Yes,  they keep citing there’s 9 members in recent reports.
3 users Like criollo2mil's post

Mwk85 Offline

First pic is 1/2 PC males, second one is the Tumbela male, I believe.

6 users Like Mwk85's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(04-07-2023, 08:00 AM)Mwk85 Wrote: First pic is 1/2 PC males, second one is the Tumbela male, I believe.

The Tumbela male looks a little too blondie. Anyway, I'm not good at recognizing these guys Wink
3 users Like afortich's post