There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

@Robot00 6 BDM are sons of the big BDM's sisters.
2 users Like Mapokser's post

Ttimemarti Offline

(03-20-2023, 03:35 AM)Mdz123 Wrote:
(03-20-2023, 02:10 AM)Ttimemarti Wrote:
(03-20-2023, 01:37 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(03-20-2023, 01:21 AM)Robot00 Wrote: Can you explain how these two young bdm boys are related to him? I assume their father is big BDM's brother? Can you provide some more insight?

That BDM was their uncle, he comes from the same pride.

So the 7 old avoca/giraffe males sired
3 Northern Avocas 
2 Southern Avocas
6 Black Dam males 
7 Birmingham Breakaway males ( or most of them )
And the BYM (with the torchwood male)
And then the Ross males sired the xikukutsu males right?

BDM were not sired by the Avoca/Giraffe, it was their half-brother the lone old Giraffe male. They sired 3/7 Birmingham brekaways.
I was told the lone giraffe male was the youngest brother of the other giraffe males the others left their pride without him and many just call them the 7 giraffe males That’s y I said 7 even tho not a coalition 7 brothers/half brothers together their sons are … the males I listed above right?

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(03-19-2023, 10:42 PM)Mwk85 Wrote:

So happy that princess Tsalala is ok.
5 users Like afortich's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

5 users Like afortich's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-20-2023, 04:20 PM by Mdz123 )

(03-20-2023, 06:31 AM)Ttimemarti Wrote:
(03-20-2023, 01:21 AM)Robot00 Wrote: Can you explain how these two young bdm boys are related to him? I assume their father is big BDM's brother? Can you provide some more insight?

3 Northern Avocas 
2 Southern Avocas
6 Black Dam males 

BDM were not sired by the Avoca/Giraffe, it was their half-brother the lone old Giraffe male. They sired 3/7 Birmingham brekaways.
I was told the lone giraffe male was the youngest brother of the other giraffe males the others left their pride without him and many just call them the 7 giraffe males That’s y I said 7 even tho not a coalition 7 brothers/half brothers together their sons are … the males I listed above right?

There were on'y 6 young Giraffe males, 5 of them left the youngest behind and later joined 2 other Avocas, who were also sons of the old Ross, thus forming the 7 Avoca/Giraffe, and the youngest male that was left behind became old solo Giraffe
2 users Like Mdz123's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(03-20-2023, 04:05 AM)BA0701 Wrote:

3 Northern Avocas 
2 Southern Avocas
6 Black Dam males 

I was not aware that the Avoca/Giraffe males fathered 3 of those 7 breakaway males. So, the Ross Males accepted young males in two different groups, including their acceptance of BYM. They have been such fantastic pride males for a multitude of reasons, but that is sure one of the biggest.

I mix it up, I think its 4/7 that were sired by the Avoca/Giraffe and the other 3 were the sons of Ross males

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

So basically these are all the sons of the Avoca/Giraffe:

5 Avocas

4/7 breakaways

BYM partner to Torchwood male

2 Xikukutsus

Previously, it was though they also sired Red Road male. But now, most people believe his father was Skorro Thanda Impi.
3 users Like Mdz123's post

Canada Robot00 Offline

The recent Birmingham and birm breakaway (7 sons) is a weird occurrence. Why? Because in those 7 sons, 3 are current ross males sons. 

Why did their mother(s) break them away from their own fathers? Are the ross males not those 3/7 break away boys fathers? 

Why did not break away with the BYM thats not ross males son and left him to be injured by the ross males?

I am kind of confused and may be i have missed something but it seems super strange to me that actually occurred

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-20-2023, 05:37 PM by Mdz123 )

(03-20-2023, 04:36 PM)Robot00 Wrote: The recent Birmingham and birm breakaway (7 sons) is a weird occurrence. Why? Because in those 7 sons, 3 are current ross males sons. 

Why did their mother(s) break them away from their own fathers? Are the ross males not those 3/7 break away boys fathers? 

Why did not break away with the BYM thats not ross males son and left him to be injured by the ross males?

I am kind of confused and may be i have missed something but it seems super strange to me that actually occurred

The lionesses broke off with the youngest Avoca/Giraffe cubs/subs to avoid the Ross males. The oldest of the subadults was a few months younger  then BYM, the rest were all born in 2017-18 iirc. The new males already sired a few cubs when they broke off. The breakaway lionesses probably thought these new cubs were sired by the Avoca/Giraffe. BYM was already 3 years old. he left as a nomad after being chased off of his natal pride. Joined Torchwood male in 2021

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(03-20-2023, 04:01 AM)Robot00 Wrote: I would like to know the connection of the BIG BDM to these young bdm boys. How are they related? Im looking for family tree info, lolz.
They came from the same pride - Black Dam pride so they are closely related from morthers side.
2 users Like Potato's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(03-20-2023, 04:36 PM)Robot00 Wrote: The recent Birmingham and birm breakaway (7 sons) is a weird occurrence. Why? Because in those 7 sons, 3 are current ross males sons. 

Avoca/Giraffe migh sire some of Birmingham Breakaway males, but just as well they all might be sired by Ross males in fact.

BYM is from Birmingham pride, not Birmingham breakaway pride.
3 users Like Potato's post

Ttimemarti Offline

(03-20-2023, 04:24 PM)Mdz123 Wrote: So basically these are all the sons of the Avoca/Giraffe:

5 Avocas

4/7 breakaways

BYM partner to Torchwood male

2 Xikukutsus

Previously, it was though they also sired Red Road male. But now, most people believe his father was Skorro Thanda Impi.

I thought the Ross males sired the xikukutsus males
1 user Likes Ttimemarti's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(03-20-2023, 04:24 PM)Mdz123 Wrote: 2 Xikukutsus
I was told by Johan Smalman that the Ross males sired the Xikukutsu males.
2 users Like lionuk's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-20-2023, 08:29 PM by Tr1x24 )

This is not the topic to discuss who sired Xikukutsus, but to make some things clear.

Avoca/Giraffes, Ross males and Trilogy males where all seen with Avoca females from mid to late 2015.

New evidence suggest that around 3 months prio December 2015, Avoca Giraffe males where still seen with and mating with Avoca females, in particulary WhiteFaced male.

Later they moved off, and Ross males and Trilogy males battled for Avocas until late 2016 when Ross males won, neither hurting the cubs.

In early to mid 2017 Ross males where hanging with Avocas and cubs (Johns pictures).

From that prob comes that they where sired by Ross males.

But as they fully grown ,they dont resemble Ross males in any way, neither Trilogies.

While they resemble Avoca/Giraffe , especially WhiteFaced A/G male.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

New cubs in Sand River prode, wonder if they might be from Gijimas, as they where seen mating with 1 SR female in late 2022:

7 users Like Tr1x24's post