There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Ngonya Offline

Kambula sister (K12) with Styx male

*This image is copyright of its original author

by pravir patel
6 users Like Ngonya's post

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

(08-02-2024, 07:44 PM)Ngonya Wrote: Kambula sister (K12) with Styx male

by pravir patel

Do we know where this was taken cos Floppy Ear was last spotted in KNP. The Kambula boys are up North mating with either Imbali or Nharu lionesses so it’s strange how they come to meet.
3 users Like KM600's post

Ngonya Offline
( This post was last modified: 08-02-2024, 08:58 PM by Ngonya )

(08-02-2024, 08:09 PM)KM600 Wrote: Do we know where this was taken cos Floppy Ear was last spotted in KNP.
The author of the pictures also posted Kambula pride and Ndzhenga males, so im assuming its either MalaMala or Londolozi. 

K12 wasnt seen for quite a few days, so i doubt she has been with her brothers, and yes, Styx male was last seen in Kruger but some parts of Kruger border MalaMala, anyways im not sure the location.

Also i wasnt the one to ID the lioness as K12, because i cant lol. But two different individuals claim to be sure thats Kambula 12
4 users Like Ngonya's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-02-2024, 09:58 PM by Tr1x24 )

(08-02-2024, 08:28 PM)Ngonya Wrote: Also i wasnt the one to ID the lioness as K12, because i cant lol. But two different individuals claim to be sure thats Kambula 12

Yea its their sister.

I assume she got chased away by Imbali females who are mating with her brothers.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Ngonya Offline
( This post was last modified: 08-02-2024, 11:23 PM by Ngonya )

Arathusa Safari Lodge

The Mantimahle brothers clashed with a clan of hyenas in a battle over a hippo carcass.

"The hyenas had clearly been feeding on the carcass when the lions arrived to claim the prize, and were unfortunately not quick enough to escape. By the time we arrived on the scene, two hyenas had already been killed, their lifeless bodies a testament to the brutal efficiency of the lions. A third hyena, severely injured with a broken back, lay in front of one of the Mantimahle males, clinging to life but unable to escape the inevitable. After we departed, its suffering came to an end in the jaws of its foe."

really aggressive behavior of this two, Mantimahle lineage is no joke!
5 users Like Ngonya's post

United States T_Ferguson Offline

(08-02-2024, 08:28 PM)Ngonya Wrote:
(08-02-2024, 08:09 PM)KM600 Wrote: Do we know where this was taken cos Floppy Ear was last spotted in KNP.
The author of the pictures also posted Kambula pride and Ndzhenga males, so im assuming its either MalaMala or Londolozi. 

K12 wasnt seen for quite a few days, so i doubt she has been with her brothers, and yes, Styx male was last seen in Kruger but some parts of Kruger border MalaMala, anyways im not sure the location.

Also i wasnt the one to ID the lioness as K12, because i cant lol. But two different individuals claim to be sure thats Kambula 12

I forget, is the Styx boy the first of the N'Was offspring?  K12 is Birmingham boys right?
1 user Likes T_Ferguson's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-02-2024, 11:38 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote: I forget, is the Styx boy the first of the N'Was offspring?  K12 is Birmingham boys right?

Yes.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-02-2024, 11:10 PM)Ngonya Wrote: The Mantimahle brothers clashed with a clan of hyenas in a battle over a hippo carcass.

3 hyenas killed in a clash..thats a shame.

Do we know which clan?
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Mantimahles vs hyenas

https://www.arathusa.co.za/2024/08/01/lions-vs-hyenas-a-battle-over-a-hippo-carcass/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTAAAR3nIZ3HKA7lUa8USkhAa0J03WCod5IHq7frsIjPGG_zSKrPSVlN6hWO1xs_aem_3np1H1DcNOyjQdP3IyyyDQ
1 user Likes Potato's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(08-02-2024, 09:58 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(08-02-2024, 08:28 PM)Ngonya Wrote: Also i wasnt the one to ID the lioness as K12, because i cant lol. But two different individuals claim to be sure thats Kambula 12

Yea its their sister.

I assume she got chased away by Imbali females who are mating with her brothers.

As was predicted by many on here, including yourself (if I recall correctly), once the boys found a pride, it was likely going to be that pride that drove her away, if they didn't kill her. It looks like she has a scuffle with someone.
2 users Like BA0701's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-03-2024, 12:37 AM)BA0701 Wrote: It looks like she has a scuffle with someone

She has those scars for a while, since when she was seen with Talamati female and before she rejoined her brothers.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(08-03-2024, 12:58 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(08-03-2024, 12:37 AM)BA0701 Wrote: It looks like she has a scuffle with someone

She has those scars for a while, since when she was seen with Talamati female and before she rejoined her brothers.

I hadn't noticed that scar, perhaps she got it during whatever befell the young male.

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-02-2024, 08:09 PM)KM600 Wrote: Do we know where this was taken cos Floppy Ear was last spotted in KNP. The Kambula boys are up North mating with either Imbali or Nharu lionesses so it’s strange how they come to meet.

They where seen in Southern MalaMala near Sand river.

So young female is quite a distance from her brothers.

FE still meets with his pride, so if she follows him, she might be in danger.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Go131810 Offline

(08-02-2024, 07:44 PM)Ngonya Wrote: Kambula sister (K12) with Styx male

by pravir patel

Maybe she could join the Kambula lionesses. I still think she could. The Kambula lionesses and cub are too many. Maybe joining the three lionesses the Kambula lionesses, seven cubs. The Kambula lionesses younger sisters came back to the Mahangeni pride.

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

(08-02-2024, 01:22 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: NK and Talamati:

Both males were seen heading to Singita this morning. Mhangeni Pride possibly has 4 males within a close distance and PCMs seem to pay no mind, I don’t even think they’re aware of these males yet. The cubs, as of yet, have been lucky Tumbela has been injured and S.Avoca was in need of a good meal. Add two fit males and the females stand no chance, IF Nkuhuma and Khanya found them and wanted to kill the cubs. A big if.
1 user Likes KM600's post