There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(08-11-2024, 03:52 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: 3 Torchwood young males (sons of Kruger males), after altercation with Kambula males:

I was quite impressed with these lads, in that very interaction. They stood their ground as best they could, even in the face of a no win situation, such as that one was.
4 users Like BA0701's post

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

Notice how NK is always the one trailing.

6 users Like KM600's post

United States T_Ferguson Offline

(08-11-2024, 04:56 PM)KM600 Wrote: Notice how NK is always the one trailing.  

What do you believe that implies?  Always looking for an escape?
2 users Like T_Ferguson's post

(08-11-2024, 05:00 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote:

What do you believe that implies?  Always looking for an escape?

The more dominant males tend to lead, it’s not always the case, but it most likely is in this case.
2 users Like KM600's post

Portugal Rui Ferreira Offline

I saw that video somewhere and at first tought " must be an old video of nkuhuma and Dziwhala" but no Khanya´s mane is getting darker and filling up
2 users Like Rui Ferreira's post

(08-11-2024, 05:49 PM)Rui Ferreira Wrote:

I saw that video somewhere and at first tought " must be an old video of nkuhuma and Dziwhala" but no Khanya´s mane is getting darker and filling up

I think he lost some of his mane especially on the top of his head and down his back after staying separated from Dzwihala and going into KNP. Seems to be slowly filling back out and definitely darkening too.
2 users Like KM600's post

United States Friarfan619 Offline

Think mating, punkin sbdm got to my boys head?? ??

( This post was last modified: 08-11-2024, 08:46 PM by KM600 )

(08-11-2024, 07:56 PM)Friarfan619 Wrote: Think mating, punkin sbdm got to my boys head?? ??

I think every male lion has a more dominant side in him, it just takes something to bring it out of them. We didn’t see it with Khanya earlier because his brother was just so much bigger, but ever since he come back from KNP, he’s been much more confident. That also comes with age.

And with the BDM confrontation, I had no idea why ppl were so surprised. I understand Khanya is younger but I’d bet on him being the bigger male, and was use to being by himself at that point.
1 user Likes KM600's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

Southern Pride Lioness.  

Re-Post from information provided by Gustavo Sanchez

Current composition...

- One 4ways daughter born in December 2015

- Two Ndhzengas's daughters born in August 2020
Belong to 4Ways's daughter

- two Gijimas's daughters born in February 2023
Belong to 4Ways's daughter

- three Gijimas's cubs born in January 2024
Belong to 1/2 Ndhzengas's daughters

- two Gijimas's cubs born in March 2024
Belong to 1/2 Ndhzengas's daughters

Credit: Ruan Mey

Thanks Gustavo Sanchez for the information ☺??

Attached Files Image(s)

8 users Like criollo2mil's post

United States Friarfan619 Offline
( This post was last modified: 08-12-2024, 02:26 AM by BA0701 )

" target="_blank" class="post_link">

Boys now in nkuhuma territory??

https://www.instagram.com/jacissabihouse...FlZA%3D%3D
1 user Likes Friarfan619's post

Instead of me sending the original video, hopefully one of the mods can edit the link above for everyone else to see. The video he’s referring to shows NK and Khanya at Jaci Sabi House, and it was taken today. Both boys looking in good condition like always.
1 user Likes KM600's post

Go131810 Offline

(08-11-2024, 08:44 PM)KM600 Wrote:
(08-11-2024, 07:56 PM)Friarfan619 Wrote: Think mating, punkin sbdm got to my boys head?? ??

I think every male lion has a more dominant side in him, it just takes something to bring it out of them. We didn’t see it with Khanya earlier because his brother was just so much bigger, but ever since he come back from KNP, he’s been much more confident. That also comes with age.

And with the BDM confrontation, I had no idea why ppl were so surprised. I understand Khanya is younger but I’d bet on him being the bigger male, and was use to being by himself at that point.

I do not think he is much bigger than the Black damn male lion. The Black damn male lion are big and strong they are 6 or 7 years old? The young Talamatie male lion is Drak manes son. He has always been a confident male lion. He would go on his own with Mohawk and the Nukhuma lions when he separated from the Talamatie lions.

Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 08-12-2024, 02:29 AM by BA0701 )

(08-12-2024, 12:18 AM)Friarfan619 Wrote: Boys now in nkuhuma territory??

It seems this is one of those IG vids that just doesn't want to embed, so I added the direct link to your post as well.
1 user Likes BA0701's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-12-2024, 06:07 PM by criollo2mil )

S BD in sabi sand

5 users Like criollo2mil's post

Super Moderator

(08-12-2024, 06:00 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: S BD in sabi sand

So, given his brother has moved north, into the same general area of the NBDMs, what do we call him now? He is no longer a SBDM, as he's moved north, but he also hasn't joined with his northern brethren, and in my guess it is doubtful he ever will.
1 user Likes BA0701's post