There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

(08-03-2024, 01:53 AM)Go131810 Wrote:
(08-02-2024, 07:44 PM)Ngonya Wrote: Kambula sister (K12) with Styx male

*This image is copyright of its original author

by pravir patel

Maybe she could join the Kambula lionesses. I still think she could. The Kambula lionesses and cub are too many. Maybe joining the three lionesses the Kambula lionesses, seven cubs. The Kambula lionesses younger sisters came back to the Mahangeni pride.

If you’re implying her joining the Ntsevu Pride, and I think u are, that will never happen. Not only does that pride have cubs but the Ndzengas won’t tolerate her. It would be a death wish at this point to try and rejoin any of the Kambulas.
4 users Like KM600's post

Ttimemarti Offline

It would be the easier if the two for her to join the kambula pride kicked out the older three females so they definitely won’t tolerate a female they haven’t seen in 2 years but the nstevu pride maaaybe probably not but maybe over half of the pride is sick but still… but quick question what female tried to help her when she tried to rejoin the pride a few years ago was it her mother k5?

Friarfan619 Offline

Talamati nkuhuma tumbela 
" target="_blank" class="post_link">
5 users Like Friarfan619's post

Romania Cath2020 Offline

That one SP daughter from the Ndzengas looks a LOT like one of the Styx sub females!  The nose, ridges, and eyes, all remind me of her.  I think she's still alive and not the one that was killed.  They both are so obviously sired by the same male.  

Similarly, the only surviving daughter of the Majing. Daughter in the Styx Pride reminds me of other daughters in both the Mangheni Pride (Big Boy's sis) and in the Kambula Pride.  She could be a granddaughter of Golden Mane as his daughters have those features.
2 users Like Cath2020's post

RookiePundit Offline

(08-02-2024, 11:38 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote:
(08-02-2024, 08:28 PM)Ngonya Wrote:
(08-02-2024, 08:09 PM)KM600 Wrote: Do we know where this was taken cos Floppy Ear was last spotted in KNP.
The author of the pictures also posted Kambula pride and Ndzhenga males, so im assuming its either MalaMala or Londolozi. 

K12 wasnt seen for quite a few days, so i doubt she has been with her brothers, and yes, Styx male was last seen in Kruger but some parts of Kruger border MalaMala, anyways im not sure the location.

Also i wasnt the one to ID the lioness as K12, because i cant lol. But two different individuals claim to be sure thats Kambula 12

I forget, is the Styx boy the first of the N'Was offspring?  K12 is Birmingham boys right?

First surviving male offspring (we know of). The two females in Southern pride are older, aren't they.
2 users Like RookiePundit's post

RookiePundit Offline

(08-03-2024, 01:53 AM)Go131810 Wrote:
(08-02-2024, 07:44 PM)Ngonya Wrote: Kambula sister (K12) with Styx male

*This image is copyright of its original author

by pravir patel

Maybe she could join the Kambula lionesses. I still think she could. The Kambula lionesses and cub are too many. Maybe joining the three lionesses the Kambula lionesses, seven cubs. The Kambula lionesses younger sisters came back to the Mahangeni pride.

As long as they have cubs in the pride, it's unlikely.
1 user Likes RookiePundit's post

Ttimemarti Offline

(08-04-2024, 01:13 AM)RookiePundit Wrote:
(08-02-2024, 11:38 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote:
(08-02-2024, 08:28 PM)Ngonya Wrote:
(08-02-2024, 08:09 PM)KM600 Wrote: Do we know where this was taken cos Floppy Ear was last spotted in KNP.
The author of the pictures also posted Kambula pride and Ndzhenga males, so im assuming its either MalaMala or Londolozi. 

K12 wasnt seen for quite a few days, so i doubt she has been with her brothers, and yes, Styx male was last seen in Kruger but some parts of Kruger border MalaMala, anyways im not sure the location.

Also i wasnt the one to ID the lioness as K12, because i cant lol. But two different individuals claim to be sure thats Kambula 12

I forget, is the Styx boy the first of the N'Was offspring?  K12 is Birmingham boys right?

First surviving male offspring (we know of). The two females in Southern pride are older, aren't they.

Yes his 4 other brother where killed and yeah the southern pride nwaswitshaka females are older
1 user Likes Ttimemarti's post

United Kingdom NLAL11 Offline

Extended clip (0:22) of the Mhangheni pride with Southern Avoca and Tumbela males at the zebra kill. Southern Avoca makes the Tumbela male look like a gentleman here.

3 users Like NLAL11's post

United States T_Ferguson Offline

Well, the partnership continues.  Maybe we are wrong about her.  Maybe she's the man maker.

4 users Like T_Ferguson's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(08-04-2024, 02:32 PM)NLAL11 Wrote: Extended clip (0:22) of the Mhangheni pride with Southern Avoca and Tumbela males at the zebra kill. Southern Avoca makes the Tumbela male look like a gentleman here.

One thing is for certain, those cubs don't lack for toughness, there was no cowering at that table, and S Avoca was not gentle.

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

tragic news surfacing in sabi sand.

Seems, two of the prides have clashed.

Guide said it was Mangheni v Kambulas.

At least one cub has been killed and some still missing or unaccounted for.

Still lots of information being translated and awaiting more clarification.
6 users Like criollo2mil's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

I don’t know how to post pictures with a Warning.  

Repost froM Noor Abdu

WARNING⚠⚠⚠
SENSITIVE CONTENT ???

August 4, 2024

Altercation last night/early morning between Mhangeni Pride & Kambula Pride leaves 1 cub dead & 2 older cubs missing ??

I just received some very sad news from a ranger at Londolozi. Seems there was an altercation between Kambulas & Mhangenis. It is believed that the dead cub is a Kambula cub (possibly 1 of K8's 3 cubs who were born July 2023 as the size of the cub looks about a year old) however, we mustn't forget Mhangeni cub #10 who was born August 2023. I have sent pics to someone who will hopefully be able to ID the cub ??

Information I received from the ranger who gave me permission to share.

"I have some sad news. The Kambulas and Mhangenis had a fight last night/this morning and what looks like one of the younger Kambula female cubs was killed. Two older cubs still missing from Kambula and not sure about anything from the Mhangeni Pride.

I know Mhangeni were running east onto Londoz last night trying to get away from Thumbela.
This morning the Kambulas were found split in two groups and tracks show that lionesses had been running in the area. The cub badly injured not unlikely to survive.
The Mhangenis were not found so unsure of whether it was them or the Tumbela Male who killed the cub. But this afternoon I just found the last remains of a wildebeest carcass not too far from where the cub was found. Apparently the Mhangenis were running from him last night. So I presume the sound at the carcass drew the lions in and ended up in an altercation either with the Tumbela male or the Mhangenis.

Definitely not Ntsevu, it’s too far west for Ntsevu. The furthest we have seen the Ntsevu is in line with our camps and this was about 5-6km southwest of our camps.
If it isn’t Kambula then it will be Mhangeni. I am almost 100% sure this is a Kambula cub. It looked to be about a year old, and it’s not mange that is dirt from either feeding or the altercation. I couldn’t see any testes so I assumed female but didn’t look too hard."

He will be asking around for me to try and find the Mhangeni Pride as well as Tumbela. At that time we will have a clearer understanding which cub it is, Kambula or Mhangeni ????

Attached Files Image(s)

8 users Like criollo2mil's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(08-04-2024, 08:42 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: I don’t know how to post pictures with a Warning.  

Repost froM Noor Abdu

WARNING⚠⚠⚠
SENSITIVE CONTENT ???

August 4, 2024

Altercation last night/early morning between Mhangeni Pride & Kambula Pride leaves 1 cub dead & 2 older cubs missing ??

I just received some very sad news from a ranger at Londolozi. Seems there was an altercation between Kambulas & Mhangenis. It is believed that the dead cub is a Kambula cub (possibly 1 of K8's 3 cubs who were born July 2023 as the size of the cub looks about a year old) however, we mustn't forget Mhangeni cub #10 who was born August 2023. I have sent pics to someone who will hopefully be able to ID the cub ??

Information I received from the ranger who gave me permission to share.

"I have some sad news. The Kambulas and Mhangenis had a fight last night/this morning and what looks like one of the younger Kambula female cubs was killed. Two older cubs still missing from Kambula and not sure about anything from the Mhangeni Pride.

I know Mhangeni were running east onto Londoz last night trying to get away from Thumbela.
This morning the Kambulas were found split in two groups and tracks show that lionesses had been running in the area. The cub badly injured not unlikely to survive.
The Mhangenis were not found so unsure of whether it was them or the Tumbela Male who killed the cub. But this afternoon I just found the last remains of a wildebeest carcass not too far from where the cub was found. Apparently the Mhangenis were running from him last night. So I presume the sound at the carcass drew the lions in and ended up in an altercation either with the Tumbela male or the Mhangenis.

Definitely not Ntsevu, it’s too far west for Ntsevu. The furthest we have seen the Ntsevu is in line with our camps and this was about 5-6km southwest of our camps.
If it isn’t Kambula then it will be Mhangeni. I am almost 100% sure this is a Kambula cub. It looked to be about a year old, and it’s not mange that is dirt from either feeding or the altercation. I couldn’t see any testes so I assumed female but didn’t look too hard."

He will be asking around for me to try and find the Mhangeni Pride as well as Tumbela. At that time we will have a clearer understanding which cub it is, Kambula or Mhangeni ????

This is so heart breaking. You can tell the cub is not fully dead, in the pics, but, as the post says, it does not look good at all.
5 users Like BA0701's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

this is so sad  Disappointed
3 users Like afortich's post

Portugal Rui Ferreira Offline

(08-04-2024, 05:36 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote: Well, the partnership continues.  Maybe we are wrong about her.  Maybe she's the man maker.

If FE mother is the manjis daughter yes they are cousins, but if he is son of the Birmigham daughter than she is his aunt
2 users Like Rui Ferreira's post