There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Avoca male lions

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Based on their ages it's surprising that Mohawk ended up with Blondie and DM instead of his southern brothers.
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(02-14-2023, 05:37 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Based on their ages it's surprising that Mohawk ended up with Blondie and DM instead of his southern brothers.

Is there any proof that Mohawk is actually older then Blondie and DM and at the same age as the S. Avocas?
1 user Likes Mdz123's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

(02-13-2023, 07:50 AM)SMK350 Wrote: Under that Dark Mane video posted above there were some great shots of the Avoca males as cubs. All the whisker spots seem to be spot on, so I thought I’d repost it here:

*This image is copyright of its original author

So based on this, It looks like Mohawk is indeed older than dark mane and Blondie. And dark mane really did have a close littermate/ sister! I hope she’s still with the pride.
Here @Mdz123 
In first pic, Mohawk and Southern avocas are of same age.
But in second last pic, DM/ Blondie are younger to southern avocas.
2 users Like DARK MANE's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(02-14-2023, 07:16 PM)DARK MANE Wrote:
(02-13-2023, 07:50 AM)SMK350 Wrote: Under that Dark Mane video posted above there were some great shots of the Avoca males as cubs. All the whisker spots seem to be spot on, so I thought I’d repost it here:

So based on this, It looks like Mohawk is indeed older than dark mane and Blondie. And dark mane really did have a close littermate/ sister! I hope she’s still with the pride.
Here @Mdz123 
In first pic, Mohawk and Southern avocas are of same age.
But in second last pic, DM/ Blondie are younger to southern avocas.

For some reason I cannot see the photos
1 user Likes Mdz123's post

Mwk85 Offline

12 users Like Mwk85's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

1/2 Southern Avoca males, bigger mane male
Pic credit: malproductions

10 users Like lionuk's post

WildLeonis Away
( This post was last modified: 02-17-2023, 05:28 AM by WildLeonis )

@SMK350 Thanks so much for posting pics of the Avocas when they were cubs. It’s interesting that Mohawk ended up with DM/Blondie even though he seemed to be the same age as the S.Avocas. Wonder what happened to cause him to get left behind. Also it’s interesting that based on these pics it’s been concluded that Mohawk is older than DM/Blondie. When they first arrived in the SS the guides assumed DM was older because he was much bigger than the other two and of course was already displaying a dark mane. But that could’ve been all genetics rather than age. 

Regarding the S.Avocas the latest pictures we’ve seen has been that of one and not the other, they appear to be separated. Perhaps one is out of camera shot which is giving that impression? They’ve always seemed to be inseparable. Hope their coalition is still strong.
4 users Like WildLeonis's post

United States SMK350 Offline
( This post was last modified: 02-17-2023, 07:34 AM by SMK350 )

You’re welcome. I was glad to find that too since a lot of “cub” photos I’ve seen of the Avocas in the past was sadly not actually them.

Here are the two Southern Avocas seen recently:

14 users Like SMK350's post

Mwk85 Offline

Mohawk and subadults 

10 users Like Mwk85's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 02-23-2023, 06:31 AM by afortich )

(02-23-2023, 05:35 AM)Mwk85 Wrote: Mohawk and subadults 

I hope Mohawk does not oust the subadults, it could be safer for all of them.
5 users Like afortich's post

Ttimemarti Offline

(02-23-2023, 06:30 AM)afortich Wrote:
(02-23-2023, 05:35 AM)Mwk85 Wrote: Mohawk and subadults 

I hope Mohawk does not oust the subadults, it could be safer for all of them.
He most likely won’t he’ll probably take a page out of his older brothers book RIP DARKAMNE AVOCA but only one of the 4 young males is maybe of age of being kicked out they’re all still pretty young compared to the talamati boys
3 users Like Ttimemarti's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 02-24-2023, 09:09 PM by DARK MANE )

Mohawk and nkuhumas.
12 users Like DARK MANE's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 02-27-2023, 07:58 PM by DARK MANE )

Mohawk and 4 sons.
6 users Like DARK MANE's post

WildLeonis Away

(02-27-2023, 07:58 PM)DARK MANE Wrote: Mohawk and 4 sons.

The boy to the right before the camera starts panning left looks exactly like Blondie. Lol. Glad to see Mohawk with the four boys.
6 users Like WildLeonis's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

1/2 Southern Avoca males

11 users Like lionuk's post