There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Avoca male lions

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Northern Avoca

Despite being without a coalition mate, sightings of this male were recorded on five days. He was with members of the Nkuhuma pride on the 1st, northeast of Mlowathi Dam. He was alone at Mlowathi Dam on the 7th. He was not seen on the 8th, but was found in the same area, around Mlowathi Dam, between the 9th and 11th. The Black Dam males created a presence in the northern parts of MalaMala later in the month, providing an adequate reason for why he was not seen again this month.
8 users Like Tonpa's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 01-07-2023, 03:28 PM by DARK MANE )

MOHAWK
14 users Like DARK MANE's post

WildLeonis Away

Great to see him roaring. He looks a little thin. Hopefully he gets a meal soon.
3 users Like WildLeonis's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Arathusa airstrip 

10 users Like Tonpa's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 07:16 PM by DARK MANE )

Mohawk , on his way to drink at Chitwa dam
10 users Like DARK MANE's post

Mwk85 Offline
( This post was last modified: 01-14-2023, 09:32 AM by BA0701 )

Mohawk and members of the pride finishing off a buffalo kill. 

10 users Like Mwk85's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

The forum has been finicky lately showing me posts in my iPhone.   Anyone else experiencing similar?    Seems it’s hit / miss.  Posts just looking empty to me
2 users Like criollo2mil's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(01-14-2023, 08:00 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: The forum has been finicky lately showing me posts in my iPhone.   Anyone else experiencing similar?    Seems it’s hit / miss.  Posts just looking empty to me

I have been going between three devices, Android phone, Linux PC, and Windows PC, and it seems fine on all three for me. I use either FireFox, Edge, or DuckDuckGo browsers, and all seems fine.
2 users Like BA0701's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(01-14-2023, 09:51 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(01-14-2023, 08:00 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: The forum has been finicky lately showing me posts in my iPhone.   Anyone else experiencing similar?    Seems it’s hit / miss.  Posts just looking empty to me

I have been going between three devices, Android phone, Linux PC, and Windows PC, and it seems fine on all three for me. I use either FireFox, Edge, or DuckDuckGo browsers, and all seems fine.

My devices look fine. I checked a Windows PC and a iphone
1 user Likes afortich's post

Contributor

Look how it’s showing posts to me:

Attached Files Image(s)

3 users Like criollo2mil's post

Contributor

(01-14-2023, 10:23 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Look how it’s showing posts to me:

You're right, it does not show anything except for writing.
2 users Like afortich's post

United States GhostCatP-22 Offline

I have issues with seeing the media and links, just figured it’s because I don’t have Facebook or Instagram or other social media.

A few weeks ago the Nzingas and nkuhuma lionesses had a fight and some of the Cubs were lost but found by a nkuhuma sub adult group….have they all met back up?
 Did the young adult boys leave or still in the area? I’m wondering if they have enough of a bond with Mohawk to patrol with him? DM and his sons were very very loving and close so wondering if Mohawk is  going to maybe recruit his boys to help secure their territory.
1 user Likes GhostCatP-22's post

Contributor

(01-14-2023, 10:26 PM)afortich Wrote:
(01-14-2023, 10:23 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Look how it’s showing posts to me:

You're right, it does not show anything except for writing.

But looks fine on my iPad.    Head scratcher

Attached Files Image(s)

Contributor

(01-14-2023, 11:24 PM)GhostCatP-22 Wrote: I have issues with seeing the media and links, just figured it’s because I don’t have Facebook or Instagram or other social media.

A few weeks ago the Nzingas and nkuhuma lionesses had a fight and some of the Cubs were lost but found by a nkuhuma sub adult group….have they all met back up?
 Did the young adult boys leave or still in the area? I’m wondering if they have enough of a bond with Mohawk to patrol with him? DM and his sons were very very loving and close so wondering if Mohawk is  going to maybe recruit his boys to help secure their territory.

The 3 cubs that got separated are still w chela and her group of Subs.  

That group is still comprised of Chela, the 2 AE Daughters and now 4 Males (since the loss of the AE Son)

They’ve been roaming alone.  Mohawk hasn’t been present with them since that sighting of all eating with DM at the kill from my recollection.

Contributor

(01-14-2023, 11:24 PM)GhostCatP-22 Wrote: I have issues with seeing the media and links, just figured it’s because I don’t have Facebook or Instagram or other social media.

It is uncommon but it is definitely a good option for Mohawk.
2 users Like afortich's post