There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Avoca male lions

United States SMK350 Offline

Yes, they have the same father. The old Avoca male.
5 users Like SMK350's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Some sightings of DM and Avocas when they where still with natal pride :

11 users Like Tr1x24's post

Korea, Republic of veritas Offline

Hi 

Where can I go to read Avoca's history?
I admire and appreciate the forum here, but I still do not understand its system. Help me!

I want to know the basic information of Avoca.

How many pages does it take to get to know the brief introduction and history of Avoca? (Birth, Members, History, Pride Relationship with Dominated Territory)

I even thought that the dark mane of Majingilane
I don't think it's the same as the Avoca dark mane mentioned here, but I don't know because it's different. (I was able to infer by myself because I saw all Majingilane's death in 2018). Are the two different lions?

Thanks ? 

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(02-10-2023, 12:53 AM)veritas Wrote: How many pages does it take to get to know the brief introduction and history of Avoca? (Birth, Members, History, Pride Relationship with Dominated Territory)
5 Avoca males were born into Avoca pride in Timbavati and sired by the 2 old Avoca males. 2 older, later known as Southern Avocas were born in early 2013, while 3 others were born in mid 2013. The 5 did not made single coalition, 2 older males left the natal pride ealier than the others. 2 Southern Avocas became territorial in early 2018 in southern Sabi Sands, taking over Sparta pride. Later on they also took over Plains Camp and Sand River prides. 3 Northern Avocas as well became territorial in early 2018, through further north, in northern Sabi Sands. They took over then Talamati and Nkuchuma prides.

(02-10-2023, 12:53 AM)veritas Wrote: Are the two different lions?
yes
6 users Like Potato's post

Korea, Republic of veritas Offline

Great information!
Thank you very much!
So now it's time to search 5 names and investigate who made who and what history... for a few days my head will be confused again (hehe)
2 users Like veritas's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(02-10-2023, 12:53 AM)veritas Wrote: Hi 

Where can I go to read Avoca's history?
I admire and appreciate the forum here, but I still do not understand its system. Help me!

I want to know the basic information of Avoca.

How many pages does it take to get to know the brief introduction and history of Avoca? (Birth, Members, History, Pride Relationship with Dominated Territory)

I even thought that the dark mane of Majingilane
I don't think it's the same as the Avoca dark mane mentioned here, but I don't know because it's different. (I was able to infer by myself because I saw all Majingilane's death in 2018). Are the two different lions?

Thanks ? 

The Yutoube channel called SCAR also has many videos about the story of the Avocas you can go watch them if you're interested.
4 users Like Mdz123's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 02-13-2023, 12:48 AM by DARK MANE )

MOHAWK with family on 9 /2/2023
All subadults group members, 3 Bboys daughter and 3/4 cubs. One more father- sons coalition is on horizon. After 2 failed experiments ( DM Avoca and talamati young boys & nhenha and nkuhuma boy) hopefully this will succeed. 
To be honest, I am already a fan of oldest ( & biggest) nkuhuma boy.

*This image is copyright of its original author

10 users Like DARK MANE's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(02-13-2023, 12:34 AM)DARK MANE Wrote: MOHAWK with family on 9 /2/2022
All subadults group members, 3 Bboys daughter and 3/4 cubs.

So both groups together?

There should be 5 cubs, 6 if young cub who was lost found them.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

How old are the oldest subs?

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 02-13-2023, 01:43 AM by Tr1x24 )

(02-13-2023, 12:55 AM)Mapokser Wrote: How old are the oldest subs?

Oldest young male is born in May 2019, 2 middle males and 1 female are towards late 2019, 2 youngest, male and girl are from early/mid 2020 (cant remember exactly). 

Cubs are from around mid 2021.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(02-13-2023, 01:42 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(02-13-2023, 12:55 AM)Mapokser Wrote: How old are the oldest subs?

Oldest young male is born in May 2019, 2 middle males and 1 female are towards late 2019, 2 youngest, male and girl are from early/mid 2020 (cant remember exactly). 

Cubs are from around mid 2021.

Yes,,,,the cubs were born some in April and some in May of 2021.  I’m still gathering the notes for the status thread.
5 users Like criollo2mil's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

@Tr1x24 so the oldest one is turning 4 soon. Well, it wouldn't be impossible/without precedent that Mohawk could hold the territory with the help of the pride against 2 inexperienced BDM.

The odds are against him of course, prides and sons aren't brothers/coalitions partners after all, but it's not impossible, it has been done in the past, if he's smart he will be bonding with his son and sticking close to the pride.

I thought his situation was hopeless but he has a small chance.
2 users Like Mapokser's post

United States SMK350 Offline

Under that Dark Mane video posted above there were some great shots of the Avoca males as cubs. All the whisker spots seem to be spot on, so I thought I’d repost it here:

So based on this, It looks like Mohawk is indeed older than dark mane and Blondie. And dark mane really did have a close littermate/ sister! I hope she’s still with the pride.
8 users Like SMK350's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

(02-13-2023, 07:50 AM)SMK350 Wrote: So based on this, It looks like Mohawk is indeed older than dark mane and Blondie. And dark mane really did have a close littermate/ sister! I hope she’s still with the pride.

Yupp, it's clear from 1st and second last pic.
Southern avocas: Feb March 2013
Mohawk: April May 2013
DM/Blondie: November 2013
2 users Like DARK MANE's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Son of S. Avocas :

9 users Like Tr1x24's post