There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

The Mbiri male with a few lionesses.
Myambula pride?  or Skorro pride?
Being honest. The lioness on the right side of the first photo look like an sub-adult lioness instead of an adult lioness.) 
Images by: Ehan Fourie

*This image is copyright of its original author

6 users Like Timbavati's post

Venezuela titose Offline

-The one with the dark mane of Timbila males-
"That’s what we call him, he is one 1/2 of the Timbila Coalition that are dominant in our area, and his brother is “The blond one” aka “The one with the Mohawk” who I posted a photo of a while back. They have been very successful with cubs in the past few months which is so exciting to see!"
Klaserie Private Game Reserve
By: Karolina Norée

7 users Like titose's post

Venezuela titose Offline

The Xukukutsu boys in a recent morning sighting, look healthy and strong these boys these are current rulers of Thornybush GR along with their coalicion partner the beautiful Mapoza male...
Thornybush Game Lodge, Greater Kruger
By: Sean

4 users Like titose's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

After all on the previous post of the Mbiri males and a pride of 5 lionesses. The pride has been Identified as the Scorro pride. that now consist on five lionesses and the 6th lioness is part of the Scorro breakaway pride.

I'm glad to see the Mbiri boys spreading they bloodline through the KNP!
4 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

The Scorro pride with the larger Mbiri male on Orpen Gate area.
Image by: Bastiaan Schoeman

5 users Like Timbavati's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-11-2020, 12:00 AM by Tr1x24 )

(11-10-2020, 11:49 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: After all on the previous post of the Mbiri males and a pride of 5 lionesses. The pride has been Identified as the Scorro pride. that now consist on five lionesses and the 6th lioness is part of the Scorro breakaway pride.

Yea, but unfortunately that means that all cubs from Hercules/Sumatra are dead most likely...

I feel sorry for Hercules/Sumatra.. I hope they find new place to settle.. Sumatra injury was prob too much to face 2 Mbiris..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(11-10-2020, 11:54 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 11:49 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: After all on the previous post of the Mbiri males and a pride of 5 lionesses. The pride has been Identified as the Scorro pride. that now consist on five lionesses and the 6th lioness is part of the Scorro breakaway pride.

Yea, but unfortunately that means that all cubs from Hercules/Sumatra are dead most likely...

I feel sorry for Hercules/Sumatra.. I hope they find new place to settle.. Sumatra injury was prob too much to face 2 Mbiris..

The Sumatra male wasn't been limping during recent sightings. this means good news for now. To be honest. We don't know if they have fight against the Mbiri males. At least the larger Mbiri male has looking fantastic
2 users Like Timbavati's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(11-10-2020, 11:50 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: The Scorro pride with the larger Mbiri male on Orpen Gate area.
Image by: Bastiaan Schoeman

This video from April 2020, shows the Scorro "breakaway" pride, apparently having left due to a pride take over, according to the narrator. Who took over the Scorro pride in April? Also, towards the end of the video, a very interesting fight between the Mbiri male and some "unknown" males. I think those unknowns may be the Tumbelas.

1 user Likes BA0701's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(11-11-2020, 01:10 AM)BA0701 Wrote: This video from April 2020, shows the Scorro "breakaway" pride, apparently having left due to a pride take over, according to the narrator. Who took over the Scorro pride in April? Also, towards the end of the video, a very interesting fight between the Mbiri male and some "unknown" males. I think those unknowns may be the Tumbelas.

Not in April, after Orpens abandon Scorro pride in mid 2019, Hercules/Sumatra take Scorro pride and sired cubs..unfortunately it seems that 2 Mbiris takeover from them now and most likely killed those cubs.. 

Not Tumbelas, those are from Mluwati Concession..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Super Moderator

(11-11-2020, 02:15 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 01:10 AM)BA0701 Wrote: This video from April 2020, shows the Scorro "breakaway" pride, apparently having left due to a pride take over, according to the narrator. Who took over the Scorro pride in April? Also, towards the end of the video, a very interesting fight between the Mbiri male and some "unknown" males. I think those unknowns may be the Tumbelas.

Not in April, after Orpens abandon Scorro pride in mid 2019, Hercules/Sumatra take Scorro pride and sired cubs..unfortunately it seems that 2 Mbiris takeover from them now and most likely killed those cubs.. 

Ahh. OK, the injured eye threw me off. Amazing how things can change in a mere 7 months, especially in regards to the Mibiris. They went from being beaten up in April, to now having taken over the Scorro Pride from Hercules/Sumatra. Incredible!
1 user Likes BA0701's post

Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 11-11-2020, 04:28 AM by BA0701 )

@Tr1x24 , my friend are you sure these are not the Tumbelas? I swear there was an almost identical image of this floating around back when they first showed up on the scene.

2 users Like BA0701's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(11-11-2020, 04:28 AM)BA0701 Wrote:

@Tr1x24 , my friend are you sure these are not the Tumbelas? I swear there was an almost identical image of this floating around back when they first showed up on the scene.

Well spotted here my friend. Those males are the Nharu/Tumbela males

3 users Like Timbavati's post

Poland Potato Online
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-11-2020, 05:16 AM by Potato )

"Not Tumbelas, those are from Mluwati Concession.."

That eye injury is giveaway as to identity those males as Tumbelas.

"Amazing how things can change in a mere 7 months, especially in regards to the Mibiris. They went from being beaten up in April, to now having taken over the Scorro Pride from Hercules/Sumatra. Incredible!"

Mbiris always has been incredible duo. Now they are 7 years old, at their prime and healthy as ever. I would not call a suprise at all that Sumatra and Hercules males were no match for them. 
1 user Likes Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-11-2020, 06:44 PM by Tr1x24 )

Yea, this one is Scar Tumbela (before Tumbelas where indentified as Nharus i was saying that they are this lions from Manyeleti, but somebody denied that here..) :

Strange how Tintswalo rangers didn't recognize them and said they where unknown lions.. 

Also it seems that younger one didn't make it, both of them where in poor condition there.. 

Also there was a great interaction between 6th Nharu and Scar, long lost brothers and most likely littermates..
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

Super Moderator

(11-11-2020, 06:20 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Yea, this one is Scar Tumbela (before Tumbelas where indentified as Nharus i was saying that they are this lions from Manyeleti, but somebody denied that here..) :

Strange how Tintswalo rangers didn't recognize them and said they where unknown lions.. 

Also it seems that younger one didn't make it, both of them where in poor condition there.. 

Also there was a great interaction between 6th Nharu and Scar, long lost brothers and most likely littermates..

While I certainly don't hope that it brings harm to Hairy Belly, who I hope passes of old age and natural causes a member of the Othawa Pride, these guys have been through some really hard times, and have persevered. I really do hope they can find a pride and some land to call their own, and flourish.
3 users Like BA0701's post