There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(11-24-2020, 04:36 AM)TinoArmando Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 04:31 AM)Potato Wrote: "So are people forgeting that he was gored by buffalo or what?"

I do not think it really matters if it the end he was finished by Monwana males after being gorged, or died from injury caused by buffalo itself.

"This is the Ross male heading to the eastern boundary in answer to an orpen male calling."

Orpen males should be way down south around Tintswalo logde were lay core of Mbiri pride territory. I wonder if those are indeed Orpen's males calls or maybe older Mbiris or even younger Mbiris with Nharu getting bolder.  

As per Roan du plessis that was a Orpen male roaring.

The question is if he seen Orpen male there or just assumed that it is Orpen male purely from the dirrection roars came from. I presume he just assumed those are Orpen's male calls as he was with Ross male at that time.
2 users Like Potato's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(11-24-2020, 04:45 AM)Potato Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 04:36 AM)TinoArmando Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 04:31 AM)Potato Wrote: "So are people forgeting that he was gored by buffalo or what?"

I do not think it really matters if it the end he was finished by Monwana males after being gorged, or died from injury caused by buffalo itself.

"This is the Ross male heading to the eastern boundary in answer to an orpen male calling."

Orpen males should be way down south around Tintswalo logde were lay core of Mbiri pride territory. I wonder if those are indeed Orpen's males calls or maybe older Mbiris or even younger Mbiris with Nharu getting bolder.  

As per Roan du plessis that was a Orpen male roaring.

The question is if he seen Orpen male there or just assumed that it is Orpen male purely from the dirrection roars came from. I presume he just assumed those are Orpen's male calls as he was with Ross male at that time.
Ask to Roan
2 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

This one goes back a few years now to 2017 I think. Shortly after the Mohlabetsi males lost their throne to the Machaton males. This might be the last photo I took of the old Mohlabetsi male, walking between his sleeping sons near a double Buffalo kill they’d made.
Balule-Greater Kruger
Photo credit to: Karl van der Westhuizen
24-11-20

*This image is copyright of its original author
5 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Rusermi Sub-Adult Male
look forward to watching him develop into a magnificent adult male!
Photo credits to: Takis Kasimiotis

4 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

A very sad image of the mighty old Avoca/Giraffe male Brutus dragging on his legs at Orpen Camp... R.I.P
Screenshot from: Orpen WebCam
March 2019

3 users Like Timbavati's post

Gijima Offline

(11-25-2020, 06:11 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: A very sad image of the mighty old Avoca/Giraffe male Brutus dragging on his legs at Orpen Camp... R.I.P
March 2019

Old Avocas from Sept 2018. Sad to see how long they were injured like this.

YBM and Dark Mane look very much like their father though...
5 users Like Gijima's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Great Clips @Gijima Thank you very much for sharing it.
The BYM definitely was sired by Brutus. He's a Brutus Jr at first glance without a doubt.
2 users Like Timbavati's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(11-25-2020, 07:29 AM)Gijima Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 06:11 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: A very sad image of the mighty old Avoca/Giraffe male Brutus dragging on his legs at Orpen Camp... R.I.P
March 2019

JUdging by the scars on the face those on the video are not old Avoca males. It must be some of Giraffe males.

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(11-25-2020, 03:46 PM)Potato Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 07:29 AM)Gijima Wrote:
March 2019

JUdging by the scars on the face those on the video are not old Avoca males. It must be some of Giraffe males.

1 Avoca and 1 Giraffe male (Brutus left Giraffe male right).
1 user Likes Timbavati's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(11-25-2020, 04:10 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: 1 Avoca and 1 Giraffe male (Brutus left Giraffe male right).

Hey Tino, do you maybe have photos of all Avoca/Giraffe males individualy? Would be cool to see every member of them..
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(11-25-2020, 06:32 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 04:10 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: 1 Avoca and 1 Giraffe male (Brutus left Giraffe male right).

Hey Tino, do you maybe have photos of all Avoca/Giraffe males individualy? Would be cool to see every member of them..

Hey Tr1x24,Yeah, I have a album of this coalition in particular I'll post the images of each-individual of this coalition actually with some nick names if that isn't much problem

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(11-25-2020, 06:53 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: Hey Tr1x24,Yeah, I have a album of this coalition in particular I'll post the images of each-individual of this coalition actually with some nick names if that isn't much problem

Ty, that would be nice, besides Brutus, other ones are pretty much unknown..
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 11-25-2020, 07:04 PM by Timbavati )

Birmingham pride update send directly by General Manager at Makanyi Lodge.
10:47 AM: Birmingham pride by us now they tried to catch a rhino this morning

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

" target="_blank" class="post_link">

Up close and personal with the boss of the Monwana pride! The Mapoza male in all his glory at Thornybush Game Reserve
Photo credit to: Andi Dill
5 users Like Timbavati's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Monwana males

https://www.facebook.com/kambakulodge/videos/168992238238261