There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-21-2023, 07:18 PM)Ttimemarti Wrote: Are we sure it’s the nhkulu young males? K1 or k2 also has a snip tail not saying you’re wrong just trying to confirm

100% Nkuhlu male, this one :

*This image is copyright of its original author
7 users Like Tr1x24's post

Ttimemarti Offline

(04-21-2023, 07:31 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(04-21-2023, 07:18 PM)Ttimemarti Wrote: Are we sure it’s the nhkulu young males? K1 or k2 also has a snip tail not saying you’re wrong just trying to confirm

Oh ok gotcha thanks! But this means the others can’t be far behind should be 7 males all together now
2 users Like Ttimemarti's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

Squarrel between the 3 Kambulas and NYM, and Talamatis breakaway.

6 users Like afortich's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

@Ttimemarti  there's always the chance some split.
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

Germany BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(04-22-2023, 06:43 AM)KNPLimper Wrote:
(04-21-2023, 07:41 PM)Ttimemarti Wrote:
(04-21-2023, 07:31 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

Oh ok gotcha thanks! But this means the others can’t be far behind should be 7 males all together now

@KNPLimper did you mean to type something into this post? Welcome to WildFact, I hope you enjoy your time here!
1 user Likes BA0701's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

Nkuhuma young male, Talamati pride with Talamati boy, PC boys and Mangheni cub.

8 users Like afortich's post

Mwk85 Offline

S8/Imbali male. 

9 users Like Mwk85's post

United States T_Ferguson Offline

Looks like the roaming Talamati boy ended up with Mohawk and his boys....

9 users Like T_Ferguson's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Southern Pride:

Photo credits : Sabi Sabi

10 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

10 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-26-2023, 07:54 PM by Potato )

Mala Mala march report is up 
https://www.malamala.com/uploads/files/0...023-VC.pdf

Mala male description of recent competition between Ndzenga and Black Dam males:

The three Ndhzenga males are taking their fatherly responsibilities very seriously. This month they were seen with members of the Kambula pride on 14 days, six of which included the small cubs. The Black Dam males have kept this coalition on their toes. On the 23rd, the Ndhzenga males roared on the MalaMala Airstrip. On the morning of the 24th, tufts of lion mane were found opposite MalaMala Camp. Shortly after this, one Ndhzenga male was found with superficial injuries. The Black Dam males arrived at the MalaMala Airstrip later that evening and announced themselves in the Ndhzenga male's territory with loud roars, but retreated north and were not seen in these males territory again this month.
10 users Like Potato's post

United States criollo2mil Online
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-28-2023, 01:51 AM by criollo2mil )

1/2 of the Southern Black Dam YMs. 

Attached Files Image(s)

7 users Like criollo2mil's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The 4 young NK males this morning on the trail of a buffalo herd. Credit - Deon Wessels

10 users Like T I N O's post

Germany BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

Has anyone seen or heard anything on the solo young male some refer to as the "Wonky Eyed Young Male"? He comes and goes randomly, seen along, sharing meals with different prides and other males, then disappeared for quite some time, only to reappear looking in fantastic shape, and still seemingly alone.

Speaking of Wonky Eye, has anyone heard from @Tonpa lately? He was the first person I saw referring to this male under this name. He hasn't been around in awhile, I hope he is doing well.
5 users Like BA0701's post

United States criollo2mil Online
Contributor

(10-27-2022, 06:24 AM)DARK MANE Wrote: [quote='BA0701' pid='189529' dateline='1682906944']
Has anyone seen or heard anything on the solo young male some refer to as the "Wonky Eyed Young Male"? He comes and goes randomly, seen along, sharing meals with different prides and other males, then disappeared for quite some time, only to reappear looking in fantastic shape, and still seemingly alone.

Speaking of Wonky Eye, has anyone heard from @Tonpa lately? He was the first person I saw referring to this male under this name. He hasn't been around in awhile, I hope he is doing well.

I think WE was seen two weeks back or so on a kill in southeast Manyeleti. Looking quite well.

Regarding @Tonpa I am not sure what’s up. But they also deactivated their FB profile and I noticed they’re no longer updating IG either. I am nit sure if they’re taking a break or if it’s permanent but it’s a shame if so. Very helpful contributor who always helped me with inquiries
4 users Like criollo2mil's post