There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Avoca male lions

BigLion39 Offline

(12-16-2022, 06:05 PM)1999gc8 Wrote: I'm not sure if the clip is still listed on Lion Sightings story but really think the limp was more serious than slightly favoring it. He could barely put weight on it.
I saw one of the short videos of ZMohawk badly limping as well. The video I saw of all 3, Mohawk about 100m up front of the 2 BDM's he was slightly favoring it. 

Either way, bad time for him to get injured. I hope for the best for him tho!  I think he and his 2 bros were very successful even if most of the new, youngest cubs dont make it (I hope they do).  Mohawk might be better off fleeing, finding a coalition partner. Hes still got some future healthy years ahead of himself to raise another set of offspring with another coalition partner with another pride.
8 users Like BigLion39's post

WildLeonis Away

Argh. I hate to hear this about Mohawk. All these years he’s miraculously stayed injury and illness free, and as soon he looses his brothers he gets injured. Talk about bad luck. That said these lions are so tough, and he appears to be in great health so hopefully that will help him recover quickly. It’s too bad he’s not close to his sons because maybe he could form a coalition with them. I guess that could still happen but I don’t think he’s been with them for a while.
5 users Like WildLeonis's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(12-17-2022, 06:40 PM)WildLeonis Wrote: Argh. I hate to hear this about Mohawk. All these years he’s miraculously stayed injury and illness free, and as soon he looses his brothers he gets injured. Talk about bad luck. That said these lions are so tough, and he appears to be in great health so hopefully that will help him recover quickly. It’s too bad he’s not close to his sons because maybe he could form a coalition with them. I guess that could still happen but I don’t think he’s been with them for a while.

Probably the injury will heal in no time, there is not much to worry about.
5 users Like Potato's post

Mwk85 Offline
( This post was last modified: 12-20-2022, 08:23 AM by Mwk85 Edit Reason: Correcting an error I made )

Mohawk seen with the Nkuhuma pride. Credit: Tendai Moyo

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmX76Ytqj...mMyMTA2M2Y=
10 users Like Mwk85's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

Dark Mane Avoca tribute.

8 users Like DARK MANE's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

Blondie Avoca tribute

9 users Like DARK MANE's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

Brutus and gang ( father of current avocas)

8 users Like DARK MANE's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(12-21-2022, 09:04 PM)DARK MANE Wrote: Brutus and gang ( father of current avocas)

The old Avoca/giraffe males, also referred as the Western males by Ngala rangers with the Birmingham breakaway pride
7 users Like Timbavati's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

The S. Avoca without the problem in his eye

I guess we can start calling them "wonky eye" and the other "normal eyes" lol
6 users Like Mdz123's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(12-25-2022, 02:46 AM)Mdz123 Wrote: The S. Avoca without the problem in his eye

What type of problem does he have in the eye?? Thanks!
5 users Like afortich's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 12-25-2022, 08:42 AM by Mdz123 )

(12-25-2022, 03:09 AM)afortich Wrote:
(12-25-2022, 02:46 AM)Mdz123 Wrote: The S. Avoca without the problem in his eye

What type of problem does he have in the eye?? Thanks!
So one of them apparently his left eye appears to be constently closed. Or its just for some reason much smaller then his right eye.
4 users Like Mdz123's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

2/2 Southern avocas and plain camp pride.
These boys need to strong for another 2 years as almost all of their offspring are around 1 yr old in plain camp pride.

*This image is copyright of its original author

11 users Like DARK MANE's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(12-26-2022, 01:36 AM)DARK MANE Wrote: 2/2 Southern avocas and plain camp pride.
These boys need to strong for another 2 years as almost all of their offspring are around 1 yr old in plain camp pride.

They have few older offspring in PC pride, from 2 older PC females, these cubs are from 2 younger females, sisters of PC boys.
7 users Like Tr1x24's post

United Kingdom hotbit Offline
( This post was last modified: 12-26-2022, 06:04 AM by hotbit Edit Reason: formatting )

"The Softhearted Lion: Dark Mane Avoca" v1

Oh Dark Mane Avoca, oh Dark Mane Avoca,
The lion with a mane so black,
He's the king of the jungle,
Or so he likes to think,
But his rule is often thwarted,
By the animals, in a wink.

For though he roars and growls,
And puffs out his chest,
He's really just a big softie,
Who loves nothing more than a rest.

So don't be afraid of Dark Mane Avoca,