There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Avoca male lions

lionuk Offline
Contributor

2/2 Southern Avoca males patrolling in Kirkman Camp
Credit: Gareth Poole

11 users Like lionuk's post

BigLion39 Offline

(12-07-2022, 08:06 PM)lionuk Wrote: 2/2 Southern Avoca males patrolling in Kirkman Camp
Credit: Gareth Poole

Wow! The powerhouses of all the Avoca/Giraffe sons! Very impressive boys!
5 users Like BigLion39's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

S. Avocas vs cub, that cub is feisty little one :

9 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 12-13-2022, 09:32 AM by BA0701 )

(12-08-2022, 09:45 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: S. Avocas vs cub, that cub is feisty little one :

That is so weird, back in September (post 1,871 in page 125) I posted this exact same video, of the S Avocas eating a zebra, and a small cub trying to eat with them and getting smacked for his efforts, even rolling onto his back (I know this is common), but the video I posted was filmed in the daytime. Other than the difference in day/night, it looks like the exact same video.
7 users Like BA0701's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

DM tribute

13 users Like afortich's post

Australia 1999gc8 Offline
( This post was last modified: 12-14-2022, 08:54 PM by 1999gc8 )

Mohawk was chased by the two Black Dam young males.

12 users Like 1999gc8's post

I saw a short clip of Mohawk on the Lion Sightings Instagram feed and he's limping really bad now and having a lot of difficulty to walk. It appears his front left leg is injured so a possibility the Black Dam males may have caught up to him and had a skirmish.
1 user Likes 1999gc8's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

(12-16-2022, 06:04 AM)1999gc8 Wrote: I saw a short clip of Mohawk on the Lion Sightings Instagram feed and he's limping really bad now and having a lot of difficulty to walk. It appears his front left leg is injured so a possibility the Black Dam males may have caught up to him and had a skirmish.
Have also heard about it on FB.
But someone was saying that it's old video of blonde.
Can u please share it here so others can confirm
1 user Likes DARK MANE's post

Mwk85 Offline

(12-16-2022, 06:15 AM)DARK MANE Wrote:
(12-16-2022, 06:04 AM)1999gc8 Wrote: I saw a short clip of Mohawk on the Lion Sightings Instagram feed and he's limping really bad now and having a lot of difficulty to walk. It appears his front left leg is injured so a possibility the Black Dam males may have caught up to him and had a skirmish.

Believe this is the video he was referring to.

https://instagram.com/stories/lions_sabi...DJmNzVkMjY=
1 user Likes Mwk85's post

(12-16-2022, 06:47 AM)Mwk85 Wrote:
(12-16-2022, 06:15 AM)DARK MANE Wrote:

Believe this is the video he was referring to.

https://instagram.com/stories/lions_sabi...DJmNzVkMjY=

Yes that's the one. Thanks.
1 user Likes 1999gc8's post

BigLion39 Offline
( This post was last modified: 12-16-2022, 01:05 PM by BigLion39 )

You can see Mohawk slightly favoring his front leg in the short IG video of him being followed by the 2 BDM's. I believe it was from ChitwaChitwa? Mohawk is about 100m up front of the BDM's entering a thicket at the end of the short vid.
2 users Like BigLion39's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(12-16-2022, 01:04 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: You can see Mohawk slightly favoring his front leg in the short IG video of him being followed by the 2 BDM's. I believe it was from ChitwaChitwa? Mohawk is about 100m up front of the BDM's entering a thicket at the end of the short vid.

Seen the video. 

I dont think there was a fight between the 2, as Mohawk has no other injuries/scratches, looks like only his front leg injured, prob on the hunt.

Bad timing to get injured tho..
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Hairy tummy Offline

How fast things can change, doesn't seem long ago since the n avoca were pushing the bboys and mohawk chasing nhenha.. Now look... You never know what's round the corner
2 users Like Hairy tummy's post

Netherlands Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Yeah. This year was a year.
The Tumbellas collapsed. The Othawa pride hunted to near extinction in just a month. The Ximhungwes stuck in near constant takeovers. 
The rise of the PCmales in the north taking over the Mhangeni pride. The Nwashakas ousting the BBoys only to then lose all their former prides to the Gijima males. The arival of a potentialy powerfull coalition and the collapse of the Northern Avocas. 

Atleast the Southern Avocas had a relative calm year. 
Then again, still some weeks left.
6 users Like Duco Ndona's post

( This post was last modified: 12-16-2022, 07:34 PM by 1999gc8 )

(12-16-2022, 01:04 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: You can see Mohawk slightly favoring his front leg in the short IG video of him being followed by the 2 BDM's. I believe it was from ChitwaChitwa? Mohawk is about 100m up front of the BDM's entering a thicket at the end of the short vid.

I'm not sure if the clip is still listed on Lion Sightings story but really think the limp was more serious than slightly favoring it. He could barely put weight on it.

*Edit. The footage is still available https://www.instagram.com/stories/lions_...DJmNzVkMjY
3 users Like 1999gc8's post