There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

Video just streamed a few minutes ago, showing Scarface and Morani, along with the Lookout pride, by Rob the Ranger. It's always a good day when we see recent video and pictures of Scarface.

I really hope that Sikio is able to recover from that nasty wound that we saw in earlier videos. 

5 users Like BA0701's post

BigLion39 Offline

BA0701 yes Lolparpit is actually recovering slowly. Extremely skinny but he stole a Zebra carcus from some hyenas and was able to fill his belly. The Encoyanaui pride and Olbarnati are within 1.5 kms from him. Fingers crossed that this boy makes a recovery! On the other hand Olbarnati looks darn good for 15yrs old. He held off Jesse a few weeks ago to. What legends they are!
1 user Likes BigLion39's post

BigLion39 Offline

oh and Sikio was treated by the vets along with Logol (Halftails coalition partner) as well.
4 users Like BigLion39's post

BigLion39 Offline

Update on Lolparpit. 

Credits to Zebra Plains Mara Camp 

3 users Like BigLion39's post

Super Moderator

(10-20-2020, 12:10 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: Update on Lolparpit. 

Credits to Zebra Plains Mara Camp 

This is good stuff, I hope he can get some weight on, regain some strength. That was a really nasty wound, that I haven't seen pictures of since the beginning, but like Sikio, he received some vet assistance. Would be really good if he was able to rejoin his brother. Do you know @BigLion39 if he has even seen his brother since this happened?
1 user Likes BA0701's post

Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

When the orgasme makes the teeth exhibited... Nice set of teeth (and fangs) !

1 user Likes Spalea's post

BigLion39 Offline

@BA0701.... 

I read a couple days ago that Olbarnati and the Eukanayai pride were approx 1.5 kms away from him. I also read that a few lioness's  got with him briefly but then left him. I dont think Olbarnati got up with him yet tho. Pure speculation on my part tho. 
I do hope the brothers get back together. Fingers crossed!
1 user Likes BigLion39's post

Super Moderator

(10-21-2020, 01:01 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: @BA0701.... 

I read a couple days ago that Olbarnati and the Eukanayai pride were approx 1.5 kms away from him. I also read that a few lioness's  got with him briefly but then left him. I dont think Olbarnati got up with him yet tho. Pure speculation on my part tho. 
I do hope the brothers get back together. Fingers crossed!

Lolparpit has even outlasted some of his own adult offspring like Baba-Yao. I saw that he disappeared, and is suspected to have died, after the 3-1 mauling he received from the Sala boys, and it was a mauling, he even got a broken leg in the battle, was hard to watch. Lolparpit was defeated by the same males a year earlier, but wasn't killed, he's a tough old bird, for sure.

Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Mating, just after - and not during - the orgasm. The males begins to growl too, just to dissuade the female from being too agressive after the orgasmic shock, always painful for her. The lioness is looking at her partner whereas the male is watching the surroundings. If an other lion or an any intruder (man...) was here, he could fear a violent attack.

2 users Like Spalea's post

Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 10-24-2020, 02:53 PM by BA0701 )

Jeez Mom, do you have any clue how hard it was for me to get up that high? That male lion wasn't having a fun time at all, either, he's probably like most of us in asking what the heck he did.

3 users Like BA0701's post

BigLion39 Offline

Lolparpit many moons ago! What a specimen he was! 

Credits to Mara Preditor Project...

Olbarnoti

2 users Like BigLion39's post

Venezuela titose Offline

The majestic -Maridadi-
A Lion that I can say, he will die Mating ?. I never found him relaxing and free, always busy.
1/2 Fig Tree Pride males. 
Maasai Mara National Reserve Kenya
By: Lenny Koshal

*This image is copyright of its original author
5 users Like titose's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Recent sighting from yesterday of Lolparpit
Information by: Jackie Downey: Here is a better shot of poor Lolparpit from yesterday. 
Olbanoti may be in trouble as some Moniko breakaways are moving in on the Enkoyani girls!!
Image by: Jackie Downey - Maasai Mara,26/10/2020.

3 users Like T I N O's post

Super Moderator

(10-28-2020, 12:57 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: Recent sighting from yesterday of Lolparpit
Information by: Jackie Downey: Here is a better shot of poor Lolparpit from yesterday. 
Olbanoti may be in trouble as some Moniko breakaways are moving in on the Enkoyani girls!!

That is heartbreaking to look at. Wow! But, like the legend he is, he's hanging tough.
2 users Like BA0701's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(10-28-2020, 01:35 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(10-28-2020, 12:57 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: Recent sighting from yesterday of Lolparpit

That is heartbreaking to look at. Wow! But, like the legend he is, he's hanging tough.
I couldn't be more agree. In my personal feeling is really sad see Lolparpit on this shape as well. However he don't give up! A true spirit of a old warrior... Him will demise sooner or later but when ourself loves so much to something is especially is hard to accept it... Probably he is suffering this fate by his injuries on his legs caused by hyenas and not especially by his old age... Nonetheless he is part of the nature and being honest Lolparpit among others are really fortunate to born in Maasai mara where the lions are treated by vets on any situation. 
meanwhile are  different rules in KNP and Greater Kruger.
2 users Like T I N O's post