There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(11-23-2020, 04:21 AM)Spalea Wrote: I just come to discover this short video about Lolparpit...

" Lolparpit the legendary male died yesterday in Masai Mara National Reserve. He was one of the owner males of the Enkuyanai Pride of the Masai Mara together with Olbarnoti who is still strong. Lolparpit died at over 15 years according to the available publications. Rest In Peace King! "

Wow, great videos @Spalea thanks for sharing them. Nobody can argue against Lolparpit's legendary status, that is for certain, and he will be greatly missed.
2 users Like BA0701's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(11-23-2020, 07:07 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 04:21 AM)Spalea Wrote: I just come to discover this short video about Lolparpit...

" Lolparpit the legendary male died yesterday in Masai Mara National Reserve. He was one of the owner males of the Enkuyanai Pride of the Masai Mara together with Olbarnoti who is still strong. Lolparpit died at over 15 years according to the available publications. Rest In Peace King! "

Wow, great videos @Spalea thanks for sharing them. Nobody can argue against Lolparpit's legendary status, that is for certain, and he will be greatly missed.
I couldn't be more agree. However always exist someone who instead of read about Lolparpit and Olbarnoti and knowing about this legendary fallen king prefer judging him. To be honest, I don't follow much the Mara lions as  I do with the Kruger lions but these two old boys will be remembered for ages and ages
1 user Likes Timbavati's post

BigLion39 Offline

Great drawing Spalea and awesome footage of him on that video!
1 user Likes BigLion39's post

Spalea Online
Wildanimal Lover

(11-23-2020, 01:04 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: Great drawing Spalea and awesome footage of him on that video!

Thank you !
2 users Like Spalea's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Sikio is slowly recovering from his head and leg injuries at lookout.
Photo credit to: Jack Maina
22-11-20

*This image is copyright of its original author
4 users Like Timbavati's post

BigLion39 Offline

@ Tino Armando.... the 3 boys, the Muskies, need a meal. Scar, Sikio, and Moroni are seriously thin. Sikio and Scar the thinest with Moroni close behind. Skin and bones unfortunately.

Super Moderator

(11-25-2020, 01:42 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: @ Tino Armando.... the 3 boys, the Muskies, need a meal. Scar, Sikio, and Moroni are seriously thin. Sikio and Scar the thinest with Moroni close behind. Skin and bones unfortunately.

@BigLion39 do we happen to know the cause of this? Just a couple of months ago we saw pictures of Scar and he looked gorgeous as ever. I know Sikio got injured, but have they lost their pride?
1 user Likes BA0701's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(11-25-2020, 03:10 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 01:42 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: @ Tino Armando.... the 3 boys, the Muskies, need a meal. Scar, Sikio, and Moroni are seriously thin. Sikio and Scar the thinest with Moroni close behind. Skin and bones unfortunately.

@BigLion39 do we happen to know the cause of this? Just a couple of months ago we saw pictures of Scar and he looked gorgeous as ever. I know Sikio got injured, but have they lost their pride?

They were seen recently, very skinny, To be honest Morani was the Musketeers that was looking in much better shape and much well feed seems that they haven't hunt for a few couple of days. As well due of their age which is slowing them a lot in all points of views... Apparently the lookout females has cubs of Scarface but as I don't follow much the lion dynamics of Maasai Mara I can't answer your question.
1 user Likes Timbavati's post

BigLion39 Offline

@BA0701... Yeah Scar was looking really good in the rescent past. They must have not eaten much in the last few weeks because they're skin and bones (extremely unfortunate). Sikio the worst, Scar 2nd and Moroni not too bad but definitely needs a meal.  Sad honestly. I wonder if the game moved off and maybe they couldn't keep up or something? I'll  see if I can find those pics of them.

BigLion39 Offline

@BA0701... screenshots I took from a video and some pics of the 3 Muskies...

Credits to Jo Fink

3 users Like BigLion39's post

Super Moderator

(11-26-2020, 04:21 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: @BA0701... screenshots I took from a video and some pics of the 3 Muskies...

Credits to Jo Fink

Absolutely heartbreaking to see these legends in this condition. Thank you for sharing these @BigLion39 , but man I almost regret having inquired now. I expected Sikio to have some tough times ahead, his injury was pretty severe, but I just don't understand what has happened to the rest of the team.
2 users Like BA0701's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

We have been losing some legends lately!! 
I hope these boys will longer a couple of years more. At least till their cubs will grown and reach the adulthood! I haven't seen many sons of this coalition in particular tbh. Very sad
3 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Lolparpit in OMC(Olare Motorogi Conservancy) after fighting with his bro for mating right.
Nov 2015
Photo credit:-Dickson Sadera Olkisonkoi

5 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 11-28-2020, 08:43 PM by Timbavati )

A day to remember filming Big Cat Tales featuring the legends Scarface and Morani of the 4 Musketeers feasting on a hippo and warring with the crocs down near Paradise and Mara River
Photo credit:Jonathan & Angela Scott
Maasai Mara-11.28.20,-
5 users Like Timbavati's post

Super Moderator

(11-28-2020, 08:36 PM)TinoArmando Wrote:

A day to remember filming Big Cat Tales featuring the legends Scarface and Morani of the 4 Musketeers feasting on a hippo and warring with the crocs down near Paradise and Mara River
Photo credit:Jonathan & Angela Scott
Maasai Mara-11.28.20,-

@"TinoArmando" this image isn't recent is it? I can see SF's spine some, but he doesn't look in dire straights, like he does in the images @BigLion39 posted.