There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Lolparpit today has been treatment by the vets of Maasai Mara.
Hopefully he can make it for a few weeks more,Only time will tell!.
He done everything,What a legend and the end of an era
2 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

3/6 Pack/Bila Shaka males on a mission
Koshoke, Chongo and Kibogoyo
Photo credits to:Magal Sanjeev
old photo

*This image is copyright of its original author

6 users Like T I N O's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(09-15-2020, 02:18 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: Lolparpit today has been treatment by the vets of Maasai Mara.
Hopefully he can make it for a few weeks more,Only time will tell!.
He done everything,What a legend and the end of an era

That is good news. All we can do is hope at this point, hope that this was enough to help him regain his strength.
1 user Likes BA0701's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Scarface and Sikio from the Musketeer coalition showing brotherly love
Photo credits to: D.Liska
Maasai Mara Kenya,Posted: 15.09.2020.

6 users Like T I N O's post

BigLion39 Offline

No sightings of N2 yet. Spearboy looks good with a full belly!

Attached Files Image(s)

5 users Like BigLion39's post

Switzerland Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Michael Laubscher: " A perfect ambassador to its kind.
Scarface - the legend of the Masai Mara. "

1 user Likes Spalea's post

Wildanimal Lover

Marlon du Toit: " One of a kind. His name is Scar, Africa’s most famous lion. "

Wildanimal Lover

Mark Drury: " King and queen "

Wildanimal Lover

Michel Zoghzoghi: " Masai Mara, Kenya. It was early in the morning and Scarface, one of the most dominant males in the Mara, had just broken up a fight between 6 lionesses. A young female had ventured into a territory controlled by five lionesses and almost paid with her life for this mistake. Tensions were high and one of the five lionesses became aggressive with him. He chased her away. As he was running with his beautiful mane in the wind and a topi watching in the background, I barely had enough time to increase my shutter speed. The early morning light was faint so I also had to increase my ISO in order not to be underexposed. (Canon EOS 1DX - 500mm - F4 - 1/500 - ISO 1600) "

6 users Like Spalea's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Scarface and morani seen recently...
Scarface still with his limp,despite that he's looking in great shape at his age.
Photo credits to: Tembo by Jackson
Maasai Mara,Posted: 19.09.2020.

7 users Like T I N O's post

Wildanimal Lover

Nili Gudhka: " A tale of the eyes. "

Wildanimal Lover

Michel Zoghzoghi: " Lord Scar "

Michel Zoghzoghi: " Cosa Nostra

Masai Mara, Kenya. The mothers and cubs were scattered all over the plain, each busy doing his own thing. Then the rain came down sudden and hard. From all sides they came running and huddled seeking the group's safety and protection from the downpour. I barely had enough time to pick up my camera and take the shot before the rain stopped as suddenly as it had started. (Canon 1DX - Canon 800mm lens - 1/1250 - f9 - ISO 1600) "

2 users Like Spalea's post

Wildanimal Lover

Michel Zoghzoghi: " Masai Mara, Kenya. It was very early in the morning on my last day in the Mara. We left camp very early to try and spend a few hours with "Scarface", one of the most dominant male lions in the Mara. Suddenly I heard deep and low roaring that quickly became angry and loud. A single lioness had wandered into the territory of five lionesses and was being relentlessly punished for it. She tried to lay low in submission with fear apparent in her highly dilated pupils. The light was very low so I had to shoot at a very low speed and high ISO. As I was using a 500mm lens in order to capture as much of her facial expression as possible I had to hold my breath and rest the lens on the side of the vehicle. (Canon EOS 1DX - 500mm - F4 - 1/100 - ISO 4000) "

2 users Like Spalea's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Earless
5 users Like Pckts's post

Wildanimal Lover

Johan Van Zyl: " The definition of sheer power!

Watching two males settling their differences is almost impossible to describe. The sounds, the sheer power they posses is truly remarkable.
There was a Lioness in the area and it seemed like she had just gone into oestrus, forcing these two males to battle it out. "

5 users Like Spalea's post