There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(11-08-2020, 05:44 PM)Mohawk4 Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 11:15 AM)BA0701 Wrote: Anyone able to ID the two lions who just mauled Blondie "Fang" of the Kichwa coalition? Whoever that dark maned male is, he is absolutely huge. Ol' Blondie has had a rough go of it recently. Odd thing is, once the big male begins paying attention to the female, and begins chasing after her, Blondie slowly gets up and begins following them. Given his submissive behavior right before that, I would have expected him to try and put some space between himself and the other lions, not get closer.

Very interesting videos

1-Fang is submissive(How easy a territorial male for years in a difficult place in mara looses his crown in months)
2-Snip Tail kichwa must be dead
3-Kichwa males propably killed Mikia brother of Olalashe some months ago....
4-Kijana dont know what to do...He doesnt have the instict of a territorial male....(If they were 2 lions like Olalashe Fang propably would be dead now)
5-Fang wants to join the 2 lions...He is a a smart guy and he knows that a lone male lion is nt good....
6-I hope that the boys will accept him...It will be good for them....6 Pakers are near to them and they need "paws" to confront them
7-Fang is a big boy but he is old propably 10-11-12 years and the last couple of months were bad for him...Olalashe is in his prime 6-7 years old and is huge

Great explanation of the situation that is unfolding @Mohawk4 , it was helpful and informative. Yeah, I was wondering about Snip Tail as well, for how quickly Fang began to try and join them, I believe you are correct. I think the intelligence shown by Fang in this incident is what I am finding most impressive. You could see Olalashe was even confused, he was pumped up ready for battle, and seemed confused by Fang's response, so he began walking and roaring trying to release the rage he had built up. Incredible interaction. Your video puts things more in perspective, for sure, shows portions of the interaction that we did not see in the first video. I am simply astonished by all of this. Thank you for sharing this my friend!
1 user Likes BA0701's post

239Pu Offline

*This image is copyright of its original author

Quote:Olalashe, arguably the most handsome of the big males in the Triangle at the moment, makes his way through the grass. His eyes fixed on the Owino Pride - Adam Bannister

Quote:Olalashe, the male of the Owino Pride - Adam Bannister

Quote:Olalashe, (Maa for 'Brother') chases a lioness from the Angama Pride - Adam Bannister
5 users Like 239Pu's post

239Pu Offline

I think this is the old male in the wildearth video referred to as Fang 
Quote:Blonde from the Kichwa coalition - Tristan Dicks from SafariLIVE
4 users Like 239Pu's post

Super Moderator

(11-09-2020, 02:44 AM)239Pu Wrote:
I think this is the old male in the wildearth video referred to as Fang 
Quote:Blonde from the Kichwa coalition - Tristan Dicks from SafariLIVE

Great photos @239Pu Fang looks like he has been in his fare share of battles for sure, from what @Mohawk4 stated, he and his brother, Snip Tail, controlled the area for quite some time, so no doubt they are true warriors. He showed a level of forward thinking in those videos that was very intriguing to say the least. According to that second video, they have to take a little beating before they can be accepted, not unlike some street gangs in humans, and so he approached Olalashe in a manner sure to get himself swatted in order to get accepted, incredible stuff. You can see in that video, his reaching out to "bite" Olalashe, but the intent to harm him isn't there, he is intentionally trying to get himself smacked.
3 users Like BA0701's post

Venezuela titose Offline

Sankai boys coalition!
The five boys who have taken over a large part of the Lemek area that was once ruled by Derre and Barrikoi, these boys are the sons of Olerai and Olekiti (Oldikidi pride males)... here is a photo of the 5 boys who have already been named!
Lemek Conservancy, Maasai Mara
Credits to: bella_londres/ LJ

7 users Like titose's post

Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 11-11-2020, 01:40 AM by BA0701 )

If this truly is recent as it was posted just today, it seems Lolparpit and Olbarnoti have reunited and are back with the Enkoyonai Pride. Again, if this is recent, then Lolparpit is recovering really well. It also appears that the young male has been taking some beatings. Walking with a limp, minor wounds on his face, and keeping well away from the two big males.

3 users Like BA0701's post

BigLion39 Offline

@ BA0701...

I'm pretty sure this video was from last summer. I'm pretty sure I watched it before. I wish it was current because both old guys look pretty good !
1 user Likes BigLion39's post

Super Moderator

(11-13-2020, 04:34 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: @ BA0701...

I'm pretty sure this video was from last summer. I'm pretty sure I watched it before. I wish it was current because both old guys look pretty good !

@BigLion39 I was afraid that might be the case, which is why I worded it the way I did. They only just posted that video on YT, that same day I posted it, so I was unsure. However, yeah, if it was recent, they looked great, but it would be really shocking if Lolparpit had regained that much that quickly, given how badly he looked in other recent images. I was hoping you or someone else might know if it was recent. Thanks my friend!
1 user Likes BA0701's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Two of the powerful Bila Shaka coalition Chongo and Doa on the move!
November 2020,Photo credits: Tosha Wild Safaris

6 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Lookout female with her mini Scarface~ cubs
Image by: Teresa O Dwyer 

3 users Like Timbavati's post

Venezuela titose Offline

Bob Marley- One of the dominant male Lions found in the Mara Triangle, easily identified by the growth below his nose.
Masai Mara
By: johan_van_zyl_photography

5 users Like titose's post

Venezuela titose Offline

Very Sad...

The farewell of a legend the famous Lion Lolparpit one of the most famous of the Masai Mara, is gone but will never be forgotten, rip old warrior! 
BY: Farah Pepe

4 users Like titose's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Rest in Peace Lolparpit! Farewell of a legend Today we have very sad news to announce The legend of Masai Mara "Lolparpit" was found dead on Olare Motorogi Conservancy. 
 Let's hope that his brother Olbarnoti will stay safe
Image by: Farah Pepe

3 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Big hair, big paws, big heart and big personality.
Sadly no longer with us, but thankfully, no longer in pain.
Goodbye Lolparpit. 
Credits Holger W Grauel

4 users Like Timbavati's post

BigLion39 Offline

RIP my buddy Lolparpit. You will be missed!

2 users Like BigLion39's post