There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---
We have upgraded the system, and this might cause some weird issues. If you face such issues, please report here.

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

One of the fig tree males at Maasai Mara
Photo credit: L A V E N D E R

*This image is copyright of its original author
5 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 09-09-2020, 07:41 PM by Timbavati )

One of the Salas boys At Mara Olapa Camp
Photo credit to: Chokos Adventures

5 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Lolparpit the legend of Maasai Mara.
Photo credit to:  Chinmay Amrute
Caption: 
Try to Feel the breeze flowing through his mane and you will found yourself at ease !!!
African Lion on a stroll
Masai Mara
Did you know?
A lion’s roar is considered the strongest among big cats aand can be heard from as far as 5 miles away.

6 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Scarface the living legend of Maasai Mara 
September 11, 2020. A long-awaited meeting was one of many goals of this journey, with the king, Scarface!
Always a lot of emotion, and fun, when you get the chance to cross the look of this living legend of Masai Mara! I obviously greeted him, and gave him an appointment in January 2021 :-)
Photo credits to: Patrick Kientz
4 users Like Timbavati's post

BigLion39 Offline

My poor buddy Lolparpit! Hope he pulls through!

3 users Like BigLion39's post

Russian Federation Nyers Offline
( This post was last modified: 09-13-2020, 11:35 PM by Nyers )

he cant use both hind legs
they called vets, but I dont think it will help him
he is 15 yo lion and best think will be if vets save him from suffering

video credits to Tosha Wild Safaris

3 users Like Nyers's post

BigLion39 Offline

Coming to and end of an era. My favorite lion of all time. Poor guy!  Hopebhis big bro can hold on!

Attached Files Image(s)

2 users Like BigLion39's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(09-12-2020, 08:48 PM)TinoArmando Wrote:

Scarface the living legend of Maasai Mara 
September 11, 2020. A long-awaited meeting was one of many goals of this journey, with the king, Scarface!
Always a lot of emotion, and fun, when you get the chance to cross the look of this living legend of Masai Mara! I obviously greeted him, and gave him an appointment in January 2021 :-)
Photo credits to: Patrick Kientz

He is still doing so well, so happy to hear!

Super Moderator

(09-13-2020, 04:41 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: My poor buddy Lolparpit! Hope he pulls through!

This is so sad to see.
2 users Like BA0701's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(09-14-2020, 04:44 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(09-13-2020, 04:41 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: My poor buddy Lolparpit! Hope he pulls through!

This is so sad to see.

Recently more sad news comes from the Maasai Mara,Apparently lolparpit was been caught by hyenas. I believe that perhaps this is the end of a legend!
2 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Live from Masai Mara National Reserve :
Updates : "Remember Your Dying King"——from movie JFK.
This afternoon we found Lolpopit, he was 5 km from his own Enkuinai pride, hiding himself in thick woods.He is very skinny, weak, and heavily sleeping . Obviously he has not been feeding for a while, and he has been severely wounded again, from the position we guessed that he has been attacked by hyenas. He woke for a while, and wobbling difficultly into deeper bushes, laying down, then falling into sleep again; throught the thick leaf I took this photo, knowing very well that this will be the last photo of him from my camera.
The King is finishing his journey here, I just hope that his ending is to never wake again by god's mercy.
Remember the King, remember the lengend.
PS:
Lolpopit was born in 2005, he is 15 years old, its equivalent 105 in human life, he really had a full life.. 
Photo credits to: Jeffrey Wu
Maasai Mara,posted: 14/09/2020

1 user Likes Timbavati's post

Super Moderator

(09-14-2020, 03:24 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: Coming to and end of an era. My favorite lion of all time. Poor guy!  Hopebhis big bro can hold on!

That injury is likely the reason for his inability to use his back legs, at least that would be my assumption. So incredibly sad.

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(09-14-2020, 04:53 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(09-14-2020, 03:24 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: Coming to and end of an era. My favorite lion of all time. Poor guy!  Hopebhis big bro can hold on!

That injury is likely the reason for his inability to use his back legs, at least that would be my assumption. So incredibly sad.

Very sad,however the good point is that he lived free and die from the same way
2 users Like Timbavati's post

BigLion39 Offline

Yes of course that is the most important. Him and his bro also passed a good bit of jeans on and Lenco and hisb5 brothers should hopefully keep on the legacy.
1 user Likes BigLion39's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

I dont follow Mara lions as closely as Kruger ones, but this old guy and his brother are prob the most legendary lion duo in recent times, what a legends, end of an era..
2 users Like Tr1x24's post