There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor

Captive brown bears playing and fooling around at zoo of Ähtäri, Finland. Poor little one, that big boy seems to like to chase it :)

3 users Like Shadow's post

Brazil Dark Jaguar Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 05-18-2020, 07:33 AM by Dark Jaguar )

NEX Institution

credits: Valentina Gianni

Merlin male

*This image is copyright of its original author
2 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

Oman Lycaon Offline
أسد الأطلس
Moderators

Healthy captive male asiatic lion.

1 user Likes Lycaon's post

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 05-20-2020, 07:04 PM by Dark Jaguar )

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

Mexican jaguar showing his stealth skills

2 users Like Balam's post

LoveLions Offline
Banned

Cane corso

3 users Like LoveLions's post

Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 05-24-2020, 12:49 AM by Dark Jaguar )

https://www.terra.com.br/noticias/ciencia/animais/animais-ganham-picole-para-espantar-o-calor-em-zoo-no-rs,c608334eb4e6c310VgnVCM4000009bcceb0aRCRD.html

''The high summer temperatures made Gramadozoo in Serra Gaucha gave meat and fish picolés (ice lolly) to the pumas (Puma concolor), jaguars and black jaguars (Panthera onca). According to the zoo the idea still served to reduce the stress of captivity.''

3 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 05-26-2020, 02:55 AM by Dark Jaguar )

credits: Leandro Silveira

110kg Xavante Cerrado male on pissed off mode due to Panthera cerrado female being in heat.

Thats how it feels like being attacked by a cerrado jaguar.

At 28 sec. Xavante cerrado male sounds resembles just like the tiger's.  What do you think @Pckts  @Rage2277  ??

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

yea i thought so for a while they sometimes sound vaguely pumarish too they seem to have a wider array of vocals compared to other bigcats @Dark Jaguar
1 user Likes Rage2277's post

johnny rex Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast

(05-26-2020, 02:53 AM)Dark Jaguar Wrote: credits: Leandro Silveira

110kg Xavante Cerrado male on pissed off mode due to Panthera cerrado female being in heat.

Thats how it feels like being attacked by a cerrado jaguar.

At 28 sec. Xavante cerrado male sounds resembles just like the tiger's.  What do you think @Pckts  @Rage2277  ??

Nice tiger-like sound at 28, jaguars can make sounds like the larger big cats but I never heard leopards make such sound.
1 user Likes johnny rex's post

Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 05-26-2020, 04:51 PM by Dark Jaguar )

@Rage2277    @johnny rex 

Yeah Jaguars sounds tone changes all the time.

If I were walking past that area from the outside away from the sanctuary and heard that 28 sec tiger-like sound I could've sworn there would be a Tiger somewhere in Cerrado  Funny
1 user Likes Dark Jaguar's post

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-01-2020, 07:04 PM by Shadow )

These lions and tigers are in many fanboy videos with different kind of headlines and imaginary texts. But if not reading what Jeeves writes, then these videos are interesting to see.

I used the first video already in size comparisons thread, but I put it here too. Just to show, that even though when lionesses are in the heat (most probably) this male lion acts like a true bully, still in normal conditions these males are like best buddies, which is so nice to see. There is no doubt, that that male lion is the leader of that "mixed pride" ( I think, that he sees it in that way, that he has there normal and striped lions with him  Lol ), but then again does it matter? No, why would it. It´s how it is, in this enclosure it´s so. In some other it could be in another way. Main thing is, that they are fine with each others, imo.

First video, if you haven´t seen this before, watch in the beginning how the lions claw gets stuck into tigers skin, ouch :) Also at 0:32 forward it´s a good moment to see how similar sized they are overall as I showed in size comparison´s thread with screenshot.

This then shows how calm situation can be normally and how this male lion and tiger likes each others, like in lion coalition. One cranky tigress there, but that´s not the point :) From 1:47 forward is nice to see, when two species in same enclosure can come along so good.

This is how I see things here, it´s just a pity that so many of these videos are shared by lion or tiger fanatics, who ruin these videos with their nonsense.
2 users Like Shadow's post

Sanju Offline

3 users Like Sanju's post

United States Sauron Offline
Banned

Disgusting behavior. They're the real animals here, not the tiger. Angry