There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity

Brazil Dark Jaguar Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 04-06-2020, 05:56 PM by Dark Jaguar )

Leandro Silveira

110kg Cerrado male jag named Xavante with his donassaur like growling, he was lucky enough to earn the pecari that dawned dead.

3 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

Is this captive amur? Any additional info?

Attached Files Image(s)

2 users Like Amnon242's post

India Hello Offline

(04-07-2020, 12:53 AM)Amnon242 Wrote: Is this captive amur? Any additional info?

In my opinion,he is from Harbin,China

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

8yo, 220 kg weighted. My photo

Attached Files Image(s)

1 user Likes Amnon242's post

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

4yo, dont know exact weight but substantially larger than the one above. My photo.

Attached Files Image(s)

Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

" We must close #WildlifeMarkets to protect endangered species that are for sale like pangolins, our own health and the health of other endangered species like tigers and lions who can catch these viral diseases from humans. A tiger at the Bronx Zoo in New York City has tested positive for the virus that causes COVID-19.

The big cat is the first known case of a non-domesticated animal with COVID-19 symptoms—and is one of seven sick tigers at the New York zoo.
Public health officials believe that the large cats caught COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus from a zoo employee.
It more clear than ever that #WildilfeMarkets must be closed and remain closed for the health of all living things on this planet. "

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

Amur. I just blurred the faces...

Attached Files Image(s)

3 users Like Amnon242's post

India Hello Offline

@Amnon242 any pic of Igor compared to humans and i love to see him as he is one of my favorite Amurs

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

(04-11-2020, 09:54 AM)Hello Wrote: @Amnon242 any pic of Igor compared to humans and i love to see him as he is one of my favorite Amurs

I dont have photos like this, but you can see this video (I posted it couple of days ago). Igor 2.5 yo 

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

This is probably father of Igor. According to breeders he is larger than Igor. 

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

My photo of Igor from 2015 (so 5yo). I had many photos of him from 2013 and 2014, but unfortunaltey I lost them :-/. 

In 2014 I have seen his friendly fight with the tigress. Both standing on hind legs and boxing and jumping. Visitors were amazed to see that such a huge animal is able to move with such en elegance.

Attached Files Image(s)

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

young son of Igor. Not my photo

Attached Files Image(s)

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

(04-11-2020, 09:54 AM)Hello Wrote: @Amnon242 any pic of Igor compared to humans and i love to see him as he is one of my favorite Amurs

As 5:00 you can see 3yo Igor for a second. The other tiger is his "wife"

India Hello Offline

@Amnon242 Is Igor tallest tiger u've seen and considering u are 187 cm.Is his shoulder height near your bellybutton

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

(04-11-2020, 04:15 PM)Hello Wrote: @Amnon242 Is Igor tallest tiger u've seen and considering u are 187 cm.Is his shoulder height near your bellybutton

Hard to say if Igor is the tallest tiger I have ever seen. For example this one is of similar height (but much more robust). And I have seen others of similar height. 

I used to be 187 cm when I was 20. Now Im something shorter - perhaps 183 - 185 cm (so average height of a man). "Is his shoulder height near your bellybutton" - could be, but I have never been in a postition to judge it.

Attached Files Image(s)