There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity

Brazil Dark Jaguar Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

Cerrado pair.

Pantera and Xavante.

2 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

India Hello Offline

Romania Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

" RIP KING SHANE?

2003-2020
It is with tremendous sadness we have to tell you all that our precious King Shane has very sadly passed away. As you all know, he was an elderly gentleman at 17yrs old and has recently been suffering the effects of old age, arthritis and weight loss even though he was eating well. He has been on medication for months to try ease his condition. In this last week he had deteriorated further and was having difficulty walking. We made a decision to get our vet to come and check him over in case there was anything else we could do to help him. Whilst Shane was sedated our vet gave him a physical examination & advised the kindest thing we could do for him would be to euthanise him so that he doesn’t suffer or have pain. We were with him at the very end on Monday and that evening GG was deathly quiet without one roar to be heard. The other lions all just knew. ?
Alex & Tonga are very clearly missing his presence.
We are all beyond devastated to have to say goodbye to the most lovely & special lion Shaney. We are forever grateful for being able to have been a part of his life, and we have laid him to rest in a special place with the dignity and respect Shane & all lions deserve. We will all miss you every day & never forget you Shane, you taught us all so much. Heartbroken doesn’t even come close ???
The next few days will be dedicated to the life and adventures of our vehicle loving King. "

" (For everyone who has loved and lost a precious animal ?)

If it should be.. that I grow frail and weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep
Then you must do what must be done
For this last battle can’t be won

You will be sad I understand
Don’t let your grief then stay your hand
For this day more than all the rest
Your love and friendship stands the test

We’ve had so many happy years
What is to come must hold no fears
Would you want me to suffer so?
When the time comes please let me go

Take me where my needs they’ll tend
Only stay with me to the end
And hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see

I know in time that you will see
It is a kindness that you do to me
Although my tail it’s last has waved
From pain and suffering I have been saved

Do not grieve it should be you
Who must decide this thing to do
We’ve been so close, we two these years
Don’t let your heart hold any tears. "

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

Black jaguar growling as it receives food, while lion roars in the background. BJWT

1 user Likes Balam's post

johnny rex Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast

(07-14-2020, 07:25 PM)Hello Wrote:

Judging by its nose, it is not a fully grown elephant seal. A fully grown elephant seal have larger proboscis.
1 user Likes johnny rex's post

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

Another potent, tiger-like jaguar growl

1 user Likes Balam's post

Romania Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

" Independent females are so undervalued in life. She doesn’t even need you, she just wants you. She is going to do her own thing with or without you. And that’s a Queen. "

1 user Likes Spalea's post

India Hello Offline

2 users Like Hello's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

2 users Like Pckts's post

Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 07-24-2020, 07:54 PM by Dark Jaguar )

credits: Rodrigo Senna

*This image is copyright of its original author

4 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

Romania Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

" King Shane as we’d all like to remember him captured beautifully by @human.kind.photography around 3yrs ago at the GG non profit lion sanctuary. "

2 users Like Spalea's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators

International Tiger Day 2020 special...

2 users Like Rishi's post

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

Gorgeous animals

Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 07-31-2020, 06:09 AM by Dark Jaguar )

(07-31-2020, 05:23 AM)OncaAtrox Wrote: Gorgeous animals

@"OncaAtrox"

Does this guy have youtube channel and post videos almost daily similar to Michael Jamison with his tigers Enzo and Diego??

It would be cool to see jaguars interaction with other large cats in captivity since there are very little.

Michael Jamison channel with Enzo and Diego.

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

(07-31-2020, 05:57 AM)Dark Jaguar Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 05:23 AM)OncaAtrox Wrote: Gorgeous animals

@"OncaAtrox"

Does this guy have youtube channel and post videos almost daily similar to Michael Jamison with his tigers Enzo and Diego??

It would be cool to see jaguars interaction with other large cats even in captivity since there are very little.

Michael Jamison channel with Enzo and Diego.

He has a sanctuary and all his content is posted at IG. If he had a channel that would be awesome.
3 users Like Balam's post