There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
The Birmingham Males

BigLion39 Offline

(02-07-2023, 02:22 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Ultimately, one thing is going to have to give. These groups cant just dance around each other like this until the end of time.

This might take days, weeks, months, hell maybe years for all we know. 1 thing doesn't have to give, it could be a multitude of things that keep happening. Its nature. We have no clue.
2 users Like BigLion39's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(02-07-2023, 06:04 AM)Mapokser Wrote: NK is the new Tumbela. Let's see now what happens.

I hope this doesn't happen because Skorro Jr. may want to challenge PC boys and we know the end of that story.
1 user Likes afortich's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

I meant he is copying Skorro Jr's behavior of hanging out with females from the dominant males, not that he joined the Tumbela coalition.
2 users Like Mapokser's post

Bangladesh sundarbans Offline

Any news of Nhenha after the buffalo kill shared with the Othawas?
2 users Like sundarbans's post

Netherlands Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

No. Just that private picture. But even that was a while ago.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

Bangladesh sundarbans Offline

(02-10-2023, 04:16 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: No. Just that private picture. But even that was a while ago.

Is the private picture available here? I don't think I came across it.

BigLion39 Offline

Knowing that Wide Noses last pic was taken and not shared days ago, we now can guess with a high probability someone over there has seen Nhena, just doesn't share info. I mean Nhena was tracked, videoed, etc.... from the past 8 years on the regular. I doubt they don't know how to find him. Just goes to show they BS a lot and choose what to share and who to share it with. Its the Guides and Rangers choice for sure, just pointing out that there's a high probability someone there knows whats going on with him.
4 users Like BigLion39's post

Contributor

I think its more that due to the harrasment, they are more careful on what they share and who they share it with. 

But ultimately. Nhenha is in a terrible condition and will be hiding a lot more now. 
Which may explain the lack of sightings but if he died in a spot thats not easily visible, they may have already missed his death. 

Often thats how these sorts of legends end. With one last sighting before eternal silence.
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Musa15 Offline

I don't want to downplay the online harrasment they may face but I've seen some of them in action and they come across as childish trolls. Can't they just ignore/block them? What could they possibly be typing on their keyboard that would make you want to withold highly sought after information that the overwhelming majority of the online community appriciates. This makes me lose interest in the online presentation of the Lion world.
3 users Like Musa15's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 02-11-2023, 01:32 AM by Duco Ndona )

They are in no way obligated to keep us up to date. Why waste an entire day blocking accounts etc when you can just not post that update. 
Their also employed by the various lodges. Which are far from interested in being called animal abusers each time a high profile animal dies and having to explain how nature works and they are not running a zoo.
Its also not just guides and staff members being targeted. But also the occasional guest. And I think that incident was kind of the final straw that broke the camels back. 

Its a few rotten apples in the lion community that keep peddling this crap. But seeing how crucial tourism is for maintaining Sabi Sands. I can totally understand them keeping the peace over keeping us informed. 
Afterall, the guests pay for the anti poaching programs and such and employ the communities that have to coexist with these animals. We don't. 
Perhaps if due to a lack of regular reliable updates the more fanboyish side of the lion community dies off. We can work out a more favourable relationship again.. 

That being said though. Western sector is a mess right now with heavy rain and flooding. We probably shouldn't expect any updates anytime soon anyway.
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Musa15 Offline

You can disable comments too, that doesn't take all day. It sound like they're only doing it for the praise but that's not how the internet works. I know the types you're talking about, they just come across so mindless and infantile it seems easy to dismiss and ignore them. I would expect somebody who has the courage to drive around at night in the middle of the African wild life wouldn't be so flustered over some juvenile internet comments. At this point they might as well quit posting anything if they're doing it in a way that creates an inaccurate misleading picture.
1 user Likes Musa15's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 02-11-2023, 02:15 AM by Duco Ndona )

Its not about beating or feeding the trolls. These people have jobs and keeping us up to date is just not one of them. 

And a lot of their clients love animals. If idiots start putting up stupid little websites calling for boycots becouse of stupid claims of animal abuse. It hurts their business.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

Musa15 Offline

Your entire argument was about the effect of the trolls, now it's some other reason.

I stand by what I said. They should either grow thicker skin or not post anything at all if it's just gonna lead to misinformation and confusion.
2 users Like Musa15's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

I was told this is the Nkuhuma male with Ximhungwes today, if so he is playing a dangerous game.

*This image is copyright of its original author
7 users Like Mapokser's post

Contributor

No. It was on why they are not giving updates and this complaining aint helping.

Anyway. I guess the weather shuffeled things up a bit as the lions moved on to different locations.

I guess the PCmales will be back after the storm to fix their scentmarks