There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
The Birmingham Males

BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(02-01-2023, 07:38 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: It works fine here.

Though for those struggling. This is the info in it.

Quote:Young Birmingham male was found this morning on his own ,we know there are lots of people plus us guides having a question if the big Birmingham is still alive or not and the answer is we haven't yet come across his tracks since we last saw him with the tumbela and Othawa's on a Buffalo kill .I'll keep on trying day in day out to see if we find signs of him #inyatigamelodge Diff Marimane

Thank you for that!
3 users Like BA0701's post

BigLion39 Offline
( This post was last modified: 02-02-2023, 01:29 PM by BigLion39 )

I knew that pic was old. I got the info from reliable people. That whole crazy death story about Nhena  was based on a pic taken days before he left Ulusaba to go to the buffalo. Glad the Rangers and Guides are working on finding him tho, if he's able to be found.
4 users Like BigLion39's post

Timbavati Online
Moderators

Any word of Nhenha?
5 users Like Timbavati's post

BigLion39 Offline
( This post was last modified: 02-05-2023, 01:58 PM by BigLion39 )

(02-05-2023, 01:53 AM)Timbavati Wrote: Any word of Nhenha?

Crickets......

Last update the guides said they were on the lookout for him tho. Few days ago.
3 users Like BigLion39's post

Musa15 Offline

We've been through this before. I should have learned my lesson by now to never count this Lion out untill there is no question left about his situation from multiple reliable sources.
4 users Like Musa15's post

Mwk85 Offline

Nkuhuma male seen with the Ximhungwe lionesses again.

7 users Like Mwk85's post

Netherlands Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 02-06-2023, 11:53 PM by Duco Ndona )

Thats not going to end well. 

Not only its only a matter of time before the PCmales return and attack him. This also complicates things for the Ximhungwes which can expect a new litter any moment now.  It would be better if he tried joining up with some other solo males and left the region. So the Ximhungwes can spend whatever time they have left bonding with the PCmales. So they may end up accepting the Birminghams cubs.

But atleast he looks healthy. There were some rumours going around that he got in a fight or even killed..
5 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

@Duco Ndona we dont know how will it end. 

NK (just like before with Nhenha, and just like Skorro Jr.), is taking advantage of PC males not visiting Ximhungwes regulary. 

As far as i remember, last time PC males where seen with Ximhungwes was after they attacked Nhenha, around 1 month ago, despite hanging in western sector regulary since. And even then they just mated for day or two and separate, after few days, Ximhungwes where again with NK. 

Idk, but to me looks like Ximhungwes are not exactly high on PC males priority list, especially now when its speculated they are pregnant and not available for mating. I think their first priority are definitely Mhangenis. 

Also, looks like it goes both ways, to me, Ximhungwes look more comfortable and relaxed in company of Birminghams or Tumbela, they know them much better, as they spent more time with them then PC males. 

Will be interesting to see what will happen if Ximhungwes give birth, but, as long as PC males dont visit and hang with Ximhungwes regulary, there is no reason for NK male to stop hanging with them. 

Thats the only way to oust NK completley, to start hanging with Ximhungwes regulary, chasing him off, and then not visiting Ximhungwes again for few weeks, its not gona do it, but thats the problem of controling big territory and multiple prides, you cant be everywhere.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(02-07-2023, 12:52 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Thats the only way to oust NK completley, to start hanging with Ximhungwes regulary, chasing him off, and then not visiting Ximhungwes again for few weeks, its not gona do it, but thats the problem of controling big territory and multiple prides, you cant be everywhere.
They can just come, track Nkuchuma male down, kill him and its done.
(02-07-2023, 12:52 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Idk, but to me looks like Ximhungwes are not exactly high on PC males priority list, especially now when its speculated they are pregnant and not available for mating. I think their first priority are definitely Mhangenis. 

PC males are not messing around. They are very active in their territorial dutys and patrol their whole territory. They are and will be showing up i far west for sure and Nkuchuma male can't keep avoiding them forever while staying in western sector. Sooner or later if he won't leave it will end up fatal for him.
1 user Likes Potato's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 02-07-2023, 01:44 AM by Duco Ndona )

Or they can just take out Nym in the same manner as they did with Nhenha.
And once the cubs are born. They can be killed or threatened to get the ximhungwes into mating.

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(02-07-2023, 01:26 AM)Potato Wrote: They can just come, track Nkuchuma male down, kill him and its done.

Easier said then done.

If its that easy to locate, catch and kill a nomadic male in your territory, wonder how Skorro Jr. is still alive, he is playing hide and seek for almost 1 year with Birminghams and PC males.

Nhenha case was different, Nhenha and NK openly roared and scent marked, challenging PC males, that was open/transparent war. 

NK will not do that anymore.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(02-07-2023, 01:42 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Or they can just take out Nym in the same manner as they did with Nhenha

That was open conflict, very different. 

NK will not challenge PC males alone in that maner.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 02-07-2023, 02:26 AM by Duco Ndona )

Being male lions, both Nym and the PCmales have a shared interest. Girls with food. 
Chances are they don't need to look for each other, as they both are bound to gravitate to the same thing in the area. The Ximhungwes.
Especially once this litter dies and the lionesses go back into esterus.

Ultimately, one thing is going to have to give. These groups cant just dance around each other like this until the end of time.
Either the PCmales are forced out. Nym dies or the Ximhungwe pride goes extinct leaving nothing for them to stick around for.
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(02-07-2023, 02:22 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Ultimately, one thing is going to have to give. These groups cant just dance around each other like this until the end of time.

Obiviously, but I dont think its certain that PC males killing NK is the only outcome.

If its that easy, then why dont they do it, and not only with him, yet with Skorro Jr aswell. 

As i said, if PC males visit and hang more with Ximhungwes, NK male would definitely not be around them, but they are not. 

How will this unfold, nobody knows, it might just be in this state for many more months.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Mapokser Offline
Contributor

NK is the new Tumbela. Let's see now what happens.
2 users Like Mapokser's post