There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
The Birmingham Males

United States afortich Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-26-2023, 11:49 PM by afortich )

(01-26-2023, 11:30 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: IMHO, Nk Male is more versed as alone male leading a nomad life. He isn't the best coalition partner and thats not me putting him down. I think he is great at not just surviving alone but can thrive alone similar to Jesse in the Mara. Seems bad things happen when he partners up. Nhena should stick with Jr and he might get lucky with another year or 2 healthy if he recovers.

I totally agree with you @BigLion39 bro. It is clear that he is not ready for a coalition and may never be. 
And like you said, it is not about putting him down because I believe that all lions are brave, it is just that he's been alone for long time already when he joined Nhenha. But I still hope he could make himself ready to form a coalition with 2 more lions.
2 users Like afortich's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

@GhostCatP-22 this was a couple of days ago, Tumbela was sleeping close by.

I don't think there's any sighting of them after they ate the carcass.

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-26-2023, 10:40 PM by afortich )

(01-26-2023, 10:15 PM)afortich Wrote:
(01-26-2023, 10:08 PM)Mapokser Wrote: The limp is still bad but IMO the video shows he definitely ain't dying. The photo seemed to suggest he lost much more muscle mass but the vid shows him in quite good shape, much better than one could imagine while he was how missing.

He is probably at his best now since before the fight and if he survived way worse conditions, he'll survive now.

I agree with you @Mapokser. He's limping but definitely walking better compared to the previous video.

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(01-26-2023, 10:08 PM)Mapokser Wrote: The limp is still bad but IMO the video shows he definitely ain't dying. The photo seemed to suggest he lost much more muscle mass but the vid shows him in quite good shape, much better than one could imagine while he was how missing.

He is probably at his best now since before the fight and if he survived way worse conditions, he'll survive now.

Hopefully he won't remain in western sector after that. First time PC males made big move on Nkuchuma/Birmingham they chassed them both out of western sector. Second time (the recent one) they heavly injured Nhenha that he is on borderline surviving. Now if he link up with Nkuchuma male and they will still try to contest PC males dominance, Birmingham male probably will be killed on the spot.

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

@Potato yeah I hope he leaves to never return again, it's better for him and everybody else.

PCM attacked him twice, I'm 100% sure he only survived because PCM are inexperienced. I doubt he'll be as lucky next time.

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

That injury doesn't look fully recoverable. At first I thought it was broken but the fact that he's mobile tells me there's some bad tendon and ligaments damage but it isn't a fully broken bone. Lions with broken legs usually stay at that spot till they die pretty much, Mohawk Matshpiri broke his leg and he just never moved from that position till he died even though his brother was around and calling unlike NK. This is probably not much different from BYM and it'll take months for him to regain mobility, he needs NK or another partner or the PCs will put Nhena away next time If starvation doesn't get him first.

If these 2 and Skorro join, that will improve things for all 3. They are quite familiar with each other by now and since the Birminghams are not in a state to challenge or even oppose the PCs anymore, I think there's a good chance of this happening actually.
4 users Like sik94's post

Contributor

(01-27-2023, 12:33 AM)sik94 Wrote: That injury doesn't look fully recoverable. At first I thought it was broken but the fact that he's mobile tells me there's some bad tendon and ligaments damage but it isn't a fully broken bone. Lions with broken legs usually stay at that spot till they die pretty much, Mohawk Matshpiri broke his leg and he just never moved from that position till he died even though his brother was around and calling unlike NK. This is probably not much different from BYM and it'll take months for him to regain mobility, he needs NK or another partner or the PCs will put Nhena away next time If starvation doesn't get him first.

If these 2 and Skorro join, that will improve things for all 3. They are quite familiar with each other by now and since the Birminghams are not in a state to challenge or even oppose the PCs anymore, I think there's a good chance of this happening actually.

Exactly, completely agree with you my friend @sik94.

Hairy tummy Offline

His leg looks shredded to me, doesnt look to have much control of it.a few week ago we didnt know if we would ever see nhenha again so its brilliant to actually see him and battling on, re-enforcing the never give up attitude lions have
6 users Like Hairy tummy's post

Germany BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(01-27-2023, 01:09 AM)Hairy tummy Wrote: His leg looks shredded to me, doesnt look to have much control of it.a few week ago we didnt know if we would ever see nhenha again so its brilliant to actually see him and battling on, re-enforcing the never give up attitude lions have

Yeah, in that most recent video of his walking up onto that carcass, every time his foot touches the ground, it just sort of flops around, appearing as if it might be broken, or possibly dislocated.
3 users Like BA0701's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

I think the chances of all three joining eachother is quite low. 
Nhenha is just to banged up to keep up with healthy lions and form the bonds needed in a coalition. While Nym and Skorro mostly stick to themselves and their favourite prides now.
A coalition is not something lions create just to beat a bigger foe. 

Lets wait till we have at least one pairing before we can speculate about the third one joining.

Australia Horizon Online
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 01-27-2023, 07:58 AM by Horizon )

(01-27-2023, 01:21 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(01-27-2023, 01:09 AM)Hairy tummy Wrote: His leg looks shredded to me, doesnt look to have much control of it.a few week ago we didnt know if we would ever see nhenha again so its brilliant to actually see him and battling on, re-enforcing the never give up attitude lions have

Yeah, in that most recent video of his walking up onto that carcass, every time his foot touches the ground, it just sort of flops around, appearing as if it might be broken, or possibly dislocated.

Think the same as you guys. This look worse than WD’s injury from year ago. Nobody can rule out his comeback but we have just enough footage to say that this is a nasty injury. Even if he recovers from this, won’t securing regular feeds is a problem now?
3 users Like Horizon's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-27-2023, 08:38 AM by afortich )

(01-27-2023, 07:55 AM)Horizon Wrote:
(01-27-2023, 01:21 AM)BA0701 Wrote:

Think the same as you guys. This look worse than WD’s injury from year ago. Nobody can rule out his comeback but we have just enough footage to say that this is a nasty injury. Even if he recovers from this, won’t securing regular feeds is a problem now?

Yep, that leg looks very injured and probably won't let him leave that area any time soon. Hope that the PC boys don't find him.
3 users Like afortich's post

BigLion39 Offline

Yeah very doubtful his leg is actually broken. Muscle, tendons, ligaments likely torn, bruised, sprained. Remember Karibu in the Mara, broke his leg and basically had zero mobility. Nhenas leg looks similar to Baba Yao in the videos after Salas Boy gave him a beating. Baba was able to travel away deep into Paradise Pride territory from Topi plains and was never seen again. If legs get broken lions don't move basically at all.
2 users Like BigLion39's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(01-27-2023, 08:13 AM)afortich Wrote: Hope that the PC boys don't find him.

In this state he is no threat for PC males, so they might not even bother anymore to finish him.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Contributor

Nice video compilation of Nhenha post fight with PC boys!!

6 users Like afortich's post