There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

Fig Tree males
Credits: Elaine Odetoyinbo

https://www.instagram.com/p/CV6c0fRrv4O/?utm_medium=copy_link
3 users Like Mdz123's post

BigLion39 Offline

Nykendu, he's a mini Maridadi!!!!  Speaking of  Maradadi has not been seen in over 1 month now. 3 Black Rock Boys strolled into their territory causing Kaka anand his bro to venture into the 3 Kisinja males territory. That was  a month ago.  Kaka has been filmed multiple times since back with the pride but no Maradadi. Loki , 1/3 Kisinja males, has cuts and injuries on his face since too. Im hoping Maradai pops up but who knows.
4 users Like BigLion39's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(11-15-2021, 02:40 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: Nykendu, he's a mini Maridadi!!!!  Speaking of  Maradadi has not been seen in over 1 month now. 3 Black Rock Boys strolled into their territory causing Kaka anand his bro to venture into the 3 Kisinja males territory. That was  a month ago.  Kaka has been filmed multiple times since back with the pride but no Maradadi. Loki , 1/3 Kisinja males, has cuts and injuries on his face since too. Im hoping Maradai pops up but who knows.

I try to inquire, periodically, but has anyone ever heard any more of Ololashe <sp?> and Fang since that encounter some time back?

To this day, I believe that video may still be the most impressive representation of a lion possessing forethought, and literally performing a very illadvised action, in order to elicit the specific response of being accepted. Such incredible footage.
2 users Like BA0701's post

BigLion39 Offline

(11-16-2021, 08:31 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 02:40 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: Nykendu, he's a mini Maridadi!!!!  Speaking of  Maradadi has not been seen in over 1 month now. 3 Black Rock Boys strolled into their territory causing Kaka anand his bro to venture into the 3 Kisinja males territory. That was  a month ago.  Kaka has been filmed multiple times since back with the pride but no Maradadi. Loki , 1/3 Kisinja males, has cuts and injuries on his face since too. Im hoping Maradai pops up but who knows.

I try to inquire, periodically, but has anyone ever heard any more of Ololashe <sp?> and Fang since that encounter some time back?

To this day, I believe that video may still be the most impressive representation of a lion possessing forethought, and literally performing a very illadvised action, in order to elicit the specific response of being accepted. Such incredible footage.

I have ask on more than one occasion and Blondie/Fang Kitchwa male has not been seen since  around that time. Also Kijana has disappeared as well. Ololashe was seen a few weeks ago as far as I know, I have seen pics of him... alone. Tooo many lions across the the Mara, Kruger, etc.... disappear without a trace. 
2 users Like BigLion39's post

Super Moderator

(11-16-2021, 01:48 PM)BigLion39 Wrote:

I have ask on more than one occasion and Blondie/Fang Kitchwa male has not been seen since  around that time. Also Kijana has disappeared as well. Ololashe was seen a few weeks ago as far as I know, I have seen pics of him... alone. Tooo many lions across the the Mara, Kruger, etc.... disappear without a trace. 

That was such an incredible video, I was quite shocked the following day when the same guide said he believed Fang had actually gotten away with the female. I hate to hear that Kijana and Fang have not been seen since, it's been about a year since that interaction, if memory serves. Does Ololashe still have that pride, or has he been forced into becoming a nomad?
1 user Likes BA0701's post

Gijima Offline
( This post was last modified: 11-16-2021, 08:44 PM by Gijima )

(11-16-2021, 08:15 PM)BA0701 Wrote:

That was such an incredible video, I was quite shocked the following day when the same guide said he believed Fang had actually gotten away with the female. I hate to hear that Kijana and Fang have not been seen since, it's been about a year since that interaction, if memory serves. Does Ololashe still have that pride, or has he been forced into becoming a nomad?

That's terrible. I figured Fang may not be around anymore but Kijana missing is bad news. He was so young. 

And I highly doubt Ololashe is still dominant without Kijana. I haven't heard of lone males holding territories in the Mara for long. It seems like a highly competitive area where you need at least a partner (and even then it's not easy).
4 users Like Gijima's post

BigLion39 Offline

I haven't seen any pics or info with Ololashe holding that pride anymore. If I'm not mistaken, wasn't that the Oloololo pride? If so the 6 pack control them and a huge area with  dozens of females around there.
2 users Like BigLion39's post

Super Moderator

(11-17-2021, 02:55 PM)BigLion39 Wrote:

I haven't seen any pics or info with Ololashe holding that pride anymore. If I'm not mistaken, wasn't that the Oloololo pride? If so the 6 pack control them and a huge area with  dozens of females around there.

Yeah, that was the Oloololo pride. Real shame about Kijana, and Fang as well, but Ololashe was a really impressive male, I hope he can find a partner. Sekekama and his brother, among others, are proof that two lions can be successful for a long time, in the Mara.

Gijima Offline

Sekekama is from Botswana.:) There’s only a handful of prides there and as far as I know no big coalitions. 
1 user Likes Gijima's post

Super Moderator

(11-18-2021, 12:12 AM)Gijima Wrote: Sekekama is from Botswana.:) There’s only a handful of prides there and as far as I know no big coalitions. 

I thought Savage Kingdom had been filmed in the Mara, so huge mistake on my part, thank you for clarifying.

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-19-2021, 03:34 AM by Mdz123 )

Lemurt and Lerai of the Sankai males
Both phot credits: Urs Hungerbuhler

4 users Like Mdz123's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

More photos of Sankai males:

4 users Like Mdz123's post

Leo Aslan Offline
Banned

The amazing Scarface and his Musketeer brothers

5 users Like Leo Aslan's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-28-2021, 09:13 PM by Mdz123 )

2 users Like Mdz123's post

BigLion39 Offline

Gorgeous Frank2/Olope^^^
1 user Likes BigLion39's post