There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(11-28-2021, 08:43 PM)Mdz123 Wrote:

What an impressive beast he is, for sure.
3 users Like BA0701's post

Leo Aslan Offline
Banned

In Memory of Lolparpit

6 users Like Leo Aslan's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Two Fig Tree males. They look so handsome! 
Not that they are so handsome, they also are amazing fathers to their cubs and great with the lionesses. 
Photo credit: Micato Safaris

*This image is copyright of its original author
8 users Like lionuk's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Wonderful photo of Morani and his son/nephew. They clearly are so comfortable with each other. So happy for them! 
Credit: Olivier Burger

8 users Like lionuk's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 12-05-2021, 03:00 AM by Mdz123 )

1/3 Salas boys
Credits: vishal.shikotra

5 users Like Mdz123's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

One of the Bila/Shaka males 'Koshoke' 
Photo credits: Austin Chow 

8 users Like Timbavati's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(11-08-2021, 06:19 PM)Mdz123 Wrote: That’s some tragic news. Rest in Peace king

Now I've received news that NKARABALI MALE REAPPEARED AT OLARRO NORTH! Alive and well. 

7 users Like lionuk's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(12-10-2021, 02:16 AM)lionuk Wrote:
(11-08-2021, 06:19 PM)Mdz123 Wrote: That’s some tragic news. Rest in Peace king

Now I've received news that NKARABALI MALE REAPPEARED AT OLARRO NORTH! Alive and well. 

That is great news. But the carcass must the one of another male then, who could it be
2 users Like Mdz123's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(12-10-2021, 07:52 AM)Mdz123 Wrote: That is great news. But the carcass must the one of another male then, who could it be
Olorro Conservancy isn't sure who it was yet. So it remains a mystery.
3 users Like lionuk's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 12-12-2021, 02:04 AM by Mdz123 )

3 users Like Mdz123's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 12-19-2021, 01:21 AM by Mdz123 )

The one-eyed lion Chongo 
Credits: Sebastien Barrio

3 users Like Mdz123's post

Leo Aslan Offline
Banned

The legendary 4KM Boys, Blackie & Lipstick

6 users Like Leo Aslan's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 12-24-2021, 04:17 AM by Mdz123 )

One of Bila Shaka males
Credits: Andrew Bannister

2 users Like Mdz123's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 01-02-2022, 11:02 PM by BA0701 )

Interesting history on Loonkito, the now 18 year old wild lion. I actually posted the incredibly brutal fight that is shown in this video, but at the time I was not aware of who the two males were. From my understanding a fight with the outsider male killed Loonkito's brother, and Loonkito finished the fight, in what is likely the most brutal lion fight I have seen. What a legend Loonkito is, however, as the video points out, there is a real downside to having a male with such longevity, and that is the harm inflicted on the gene pool, since he is now mating with his daughters and granddaughters.

4 users Like BA0701's post

BigLion39 Offline
( This post was last modified: 01-03-2022, 10:25 AM by BigLion39 )

BA0701 i had no idea this was Loonkito! One of the most brutal fights I've watched!
His teeth are in damn good shape for his age. Amazing. I don't think there's as many young male lions and coalitions roaming around Amboselli as there are in the Mara or Kruger tho. Still amazing lion he is! I remember when I 1st watched that fight a few years ago!
3 users Like BigLion39's post