There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara

BigLion39 Offline

One of the late Lolparpit and Olbarnotis young guns! 

*This image is copyright of its original author
3 users Like BigLion39's post

BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(01-03-2022, 10:35 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: One of the late Lolparpit and Olbarnotis young guns! 

*This image is copyright of its original author

Really stout, very impressive young lad, comes from fantastic genes.
3 users Like BA0701's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-16-2022, 09:01 PM by Mdz123 )

Black Rock boys
Credits: David Lloyd

6 users Like Mdz123's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-18-2022, 01:27 AM by Mdz123 )

One of Salas boys chased by an Elephant
Credits: Dhir Jakaria 

3 users Like Mdz123's post

BigLion39 Offline

Olepelos!
1 user Likes BigLion39's post

Spain Nomad Offline

En un mes iré a Amboseli. ¿Alguien podría decirme por qué zona del parque suele deambular Loonkito?

Venezuela Cunaguaro Offline

The king of the jungle is being beaten by his lionesses.

Great recent sighting of one of the three SOPA males “ Mandevu “ got beaten by the Black Rock pride who believe that the fight happened around a fresh kill, he was severely beaten and unfortunately he maybe lost one of his testicles according to the Photography.

Masai Mara, Kenya.
Photographer Credit: @grensowerby

3 users Like Cunaguaro's post

BigLion39 Offline
( This post was last modified: 01-23-2022, 12:02 PM by BigLion39 )

Vets treated Mandevu and yup, he lost 1 of his nuggets. Hopefully he doesn't gain tons of excess weight like Cesaer Notch when he lost a ball. Amazing how a gang of mad females can put down a beating!
3 users Like BigLion39's post

United States Cath2020 Offline

I read that he doesn't spend nearly as much time with the pride as the other males, so the females are actually treating him like an outsider now.  If he's that much of a loner, he sure doesn't need to pretend that he also controls/protects the pride, enjoying the spoils they earn for themselves.
1 user Likes Cath2020's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 02-08-2022, 05:31 AM by Mdz123 )

Salas boy on patrol
Credits: Akshar Majevdia

5 users Like Mdz123's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

Black Rock males

6 users Like Mdz123's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(01-22-2022, 01:08 AM)Nomad Wrote: En un mes iré a Amboseli. ¿Alguien podría decirme por qué zona del parque suele deambular Loonkito?

Averigue que en el 2020 vivia en la zona de kitirua conservancy de wild Amboseli National Park que parece estar en Kenya.

TRANSLATION

Nomad question: someone could tell me the area of the park that Loonkito usually roams??

afortich answer: I found out that in 2020 Loonkito was roaming/living around the area of kitirua conservance in the Ambodeli National park in Kenya.

Anyone please feel free to correct my answer above if there is any error. Thanks!
3 users Like afortich's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(01-02-2022, 09:58 PM)BA0701 Wrote: Interesting history on Loonkito, the now 18 year old wild lion. I actually posted the incredibly brutal fight that is shown in this video, but at the time I was not aware of who the two males were. From my understanding a fight with the outsider male killed Loonkito's brother, and Loonkito finished the fight, in what is likely the most brutal lion fight I have seen. What a legend Loonkito is, however, as the video points out, there is a real downside to having a male with such longevity, and that is the harm inflicted on the gene pool, since he is now mating with his daughters and granddaughters.

What a hell of a fight. One on one. Nice video!
2 users Like afortich's post

Leo Aslan Offline
Banned

The Ridge pride males of Maasai Mara - Naengop & Olchore 

3 users Like Leo Aslan's post

Italy Pinto Bean Offline

Hello guys, do enyone know is Earless still alive?
1 user Likes Pinto Bean's post