There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara

Mohawk4 Offline

Dongo Rekero males 2017
Credits Yash Mahadik Photography

*This image is copyright of its original author

Enkoyanai pride

Video credits Mara Olapa Camp
5 users Like Mohawk4's post

Netherlands Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Sachin Rai: " Blackie! One of the most loved and good looking from Mara. Will always miss him. "

5 users Like Spalea's post

Wildanimal Lover

Seyms Brugger: " A beautiful Male Lion rests on a termite mound in Kenya's Masai Mara National Reserve.⁣

An interesting insight - I have been asked a few times as to why the Lions in Kenya have larges manes than for example, the ones in South Africa.⁣
What it really comes down to is the environment - a reserve like Masai Mara or Amboseli is made up of mostly wide open plains, with only small patches of mixed woodlands. This means that generally, these Lions are walking, running and hunting in wide open spaces.⁣
Our Reserves in South Africa, with a few exceptions like the Kalahari, are quite dense, with thick woodlands and shrubs.⁣
This means that the Lions are constantly making their way through thick bushes, thorns trees etc - which in turn constantly "trim" their manes and keep them a bit shorter "

4 users Like Spalea's post

Wildanimal Lover

Fabrizio Brignotti: " Scarface a couple of days ago. "

Thus, I would dare to believe Scarface still alive...
1 user Likes Spalea's post

Wildanimal Lover

Harman Singh Heer: " He sprinted straight towards me. His eyes locked with mine. I’ve never felt more vulnerable. I lay there on the floor of the land cruiser with the door taken off (so I could get at eye level with the animals) and here was this massive male lion running straight towards me at nearly 50KPH. "

Harman Singh Heer: " Hypnosis "

Harman Singh Heer: " King. "

6 users Like Spalea's post

Mohawk4 Offline

Kichwa males

Fang

Credits Lenny Koshal

Short Tail 

Credits Alisa Karstad
6 users Like Mohawk4's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Great news. Sikio, one of the brother of Scarface, is back!
Just spotted now...
❤️
Credit:- Massivo Vallarin

7 users Like Timbavati's post

United States NCAT33 Offline

Is that a bite wound in the top of his head?
1 user Likes NCAT33's post

Wildanimal Lover

Khalid: " World lion Day Different pictures of the two famous lions at Masai Mara Scar and Chongo "

2 users Like Spalea's post

Wildanimal Lover

Victoria Coombe: " Today is about raising awareness of the plight of lions, not many people realise that the species is in trouble!
It’s estimated there are only about 20,000 left in the wild. Over the last 20years African lion numbers have dropped by a staggering 40%, if that rate continues I expect to see wild lions wiped out in my lifetime.
Lions are being traded illegally, they are being hunted for trophies, there’s human wildlife conflict due to habitat loss (African lions have been reduced to living on only 8% of the land they once occupied). All these factors are pushing the lion to extinction!
Head over to http://www.worldlionday.com for more information about what you can be doing to help! "

1 user Likes Spalea's post

Wildanimal Lover

Mark Drury: " Happy #worldlionday . "

Wildanimal Lover

" Today belongs to these incredible beings, icons of power, hope, strength and bravery.

This is Scar from Kenya’s Masai Mara. "

Wildanimal Lover

Mark Drury: " Beautiful boy! "

3 users Like Spalea's post

Wildanimal Lover

Marlon du Toit: " Night Walker. "

Wildanimal Lover