There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara

United Kingdom Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Khalid: " The king Chongo "

3 users Like Spalea's post

Wildanimal Lover

" The King and his Queen.?? "

4 users Like Spalea's post

Wildanimal Lover

Sachin Rai: " I think Blackie was the only lion I have seen who kind of had a puppy face expression. Even when he was angry or argued with the members of his pride, he still sported that ‘puppy face’. Well, I could be biased considering he was one of my favourites and I had spent a lot of time with him and his brother Lipstick. "

Yes, each big cats possesses its own personality. Perhaps the psychological analysis of the felids' face would be valid, as much these animals are expressive.
1 user Likes Spalea's post

Wildanimal Lover

Sachin Rai: " Death!

The lioness had choked the wildebeest and it had almost died. The wildebeest took one last breath seconds after the lion cub walked past it and the cub actually turned around instantly as it heard the wildebeest gasp. And that’s when the lioness choked the windpipe again and killed the animal. While I know it’s nature and the rule of the wild, it does move me at times when I see an animal dying. Made this few years ago during the migration season in Maasai Mara. "

2 users Like Spalea's post

Venezuela titose Offline

The mighty Scar resting along the bank the Mara river. A herd of zebra were preparing to attempt the dangerous river crossing when Scar decided to park himself here on the opposing side. Whether he was hoping to grab an easy meal or just taking in the scene, the dual threat of the crocs and Scar, caused the zebras to turn away and leave the crossing for a later time. 
By: [color=rgba(var(--i1d,38,38,38),1)]simon_phelps_photography[/color]

*This image is copyright of its original author
3 users Like titose's post

Wildanimal Lover

Subhash Nair: " The magic of morning light ! ♥️ - Lion Photographed at Masai Mara, Kenya. "

Wildanimal Lover

Khalid: " The king Chongo "

Khalid: " Scar "

Wildanimal Lover

Sachin Rai: " Blackie! "

2 users Like Spalea's post

Venezuela titose Offline

Fig Tree pride males "Kaka and Maridadi" resting off a rather BIG meal at Maasai Mara, Kenya!
Maasai Mara Game Reserve
By: Sheena Shah

3 users Like titose's post

Wildanimal Lover

Johan Van Zyl: " Never announce your moves before you make them... "

3 users Like Spalea's post

Mohawk4 Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-29-2020, 03:38 AM by Mohawk4 )

The biggest mane of Mara....
Olerai the king of Oldikdik pride
credits: Jenny Varley

6 users Like Mohawk4's post

Wildanimal Lover

Subhash Nair: " The Youngster ! - Portrait of a young male Lion photographed at Masai Mara. "

Wildanimal Lover

Sachin Rai: " I haven’t had more trouble waiting for any subject in the past apart from that day. We spent more than 8 hours at this hippo kill that day and I don’t know if the stench was more unbearable or the flies that sat on our hands and face with their wet legs. The fact that one knew that those flies were sitting on the dead hippo and their legs were all wet made it all the more annoying. I have never seen my guide asking us to go from that place because he couldn’t take the stench or the flies. Was kind of him to accommodate because we stayed there all day and got some decent shots later that evening ?"

Venezuela titose Offline

Portrait of "Blackie" of the 4KM coalition... One of the most loved and good looking from Mara.
Maasai Mara National Reserve Kenya
BY: SACHIN RAI

2 users Like titose's post

Venezuela titose Offline

"Olepolos and Orkitok" two of the three members of the Sala's Boys coalition at the Maasai Mara!
Maasai Mara National Reserve Kenya
BY: PRAKASH SUJIR NAYAK

8 users Like titose's post