There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mangheni Pride

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(07-15-2024, 09:04 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Considering how the guides all reported the cub as dead ( understandably so ), it's a miracle he has showed up.

Assuming he's from the oldest litter, he's probably around 1 year and 3 or 4 months old, enough to survive for a couple of days on his own, but still impressive that he pulled such a feat off. I hope he is with a full belly from the kudu kill.

I'm also worried about Tsalala and her cubs, this is the first time she meets the Manghenis, but will probably not be the last one.

In all fairness, I didn’t see any guides say he was dead. Only missing. They only reported that nine cubs were accounted for w the pride.

But I agree it is very understandable that some infer that. I’m just happy for good news for a change
2 users Like criollo2mil's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-16-2024, 07:11 PM by criollo2mil )

Manghenis in Savannah.   Evidence the tenth cub is safe.  

I will try posting videos later when I get to computer

Attached Files Image(s)

9 users Like criollo2mil's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-17-2024, 08:39 PM by criollo2mil )

Re-Post : Noor Abdu

The Mangheni Lionesses:

Big Sister Mhangeni 12
Born in December 2015. Mother, Super Mom & sire by Majingilane.

Sister & littermate of Big Boy Mhangeni of the Mhangeni 12 ☺ She is currently the mother of 4/10 cubs born February 2023

Orange Eyes/Limping Mhangeni 12

Born in July 2016. Mother, Bad Teeth & sire by Majingilane.

Her & Big Sister are the only 2 survivors of the Mhangeni 12. She is currently the mother of 2/10 cubs born February 2023.

Tinya Mhangeni

Born in June 2018. Mother, Super Mom & sire by Birminghams.

She is the only cub that survived in the 2018 litters sired by the Birmingham Boys of 1 female & 6 males. She is also the half sister of Big Sister. She is currently the mother of 3/10 cubs born February 2023.  

These lionesses  make up the Mhangeni Pride who are protectors & caregivers of the 10 cubs of the Mhangeni Pride (the tenth cub son of good teeth was born July 2023)

Pic Credits: Marlo Hartman & Daniella Zara
13 users Like criollo2mil's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(07-17-2024, 07:39 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Re-Post : Noor Abdu

The Mangheni Lionesses:

Big Sister Mhangeni 12

Sister & littermate of Big Boy Mhangeni of the Mhangeni 12 ☺ She is currently the mother of 4/10 cubs

Her & Big Sister are the only 2 survivors of the Mhangeni 12. She is currently the mother of 2/10 cubs

Tinya Mhangeni

She is the only cub that survived in the 2018 litters sired by the Birmingham Boys of 1 female & 6 males. She is also the half sister of Big Sister. She is currently the mother of 3/10 cubs

These lionesses  make up the Mhangeni Pride who are protectors & caregivers of the 10 cubs of the Mhangeni Pride

Excellent, informative post, thank you for this information!
5 users Like BA0701's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(07-17-2024, 07:53 PM)BA0701 Wrote: Excellent, informative post, thank you for this information!

No problem buddy. I’m adding the dates of the litters in a second. I forgot
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

Poland Potato Online
Contributor

(07-17-2024, 07:39 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Re-Post : Noor Abdu

The Mangheni Lionesses:

Big Sister Mhangeni 12

Sister & littermate of Big Boy Mhangeni of the Mhangeni 12 ☺ She is currently the mother of 4/10 cubs born February 2023

Her & Big Sister are the only 2 survivors of the Mhangeni 12. She is currently the mother of 2/10 cubs born February 2023.

Tinya Mhangeni

She is the only cub that survived in the 2018 litters sired by the Birmingham Boys of 1 female & 6 males. She is also the half sister of Big Sister. She is currently the mother of 3/10 cubs born February 2023.  

These lionesses  make up the Mhangeni Pride who are protectors & caregivers of the 10 cubs of the Mhangeni Pride (the tenth cub son of good teeth was born July 2023)

All Mapogo daughters are gone by now?
2 users Like Potato's post

Romania Cath2020 Offline

Yes, the last 2 Mapogo daughters died recently at the age of 15.
3 users Like Cath2020's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-21-2024, 02:31 PM by Tr1x24 )

Tumbela male following Mhangenis, he was lying few meters from the cubs who where watching him, but adult females where pretty chill and not concerned:

Credits: Savanna

*This image is copyright of its original author

*This image is copyright of its original author

I dont think he posseses any threat for the cubs, he is only following them for food and company at this point. If he makes "wrong" move, 3 adult females are enough to force him away.
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

Duco Ndona Online
Contributor

Lions typically are far better at guessing things like health and condition than humans are, especially concidering we only have social media posts to go after. 
So I guess this suggests that Tumbellas condition may be even worse than we are aware off.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(07-21-2024, 02:21 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Lions typically are far better at guessing things like health and condition than humans are, especially concidering we only have social media posts to go after. 
So I guess this suggests that Tumbellas condition may be even worse than we are aware off.

One of your latest assumptions, which is irrelevant
5 users Like lionuk's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

Different angle of the same sighting of Mangheni whom were joined by Tumbela and S Avoca

5 users Like criollo2mil's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-22-2024, 01:47 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Different angle of the same sighting of Mangheni whom were joined by Tumbela and S Avoca

Cubs got new step dads..

Thats not exactly good for them, 2 adult males can eat a lot..
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland NLAL11 Offline

(07-22-2024, 02:48 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(07-22-2024, 01:47 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Different angle of the same sighting of Mangheni whom were joined by Tumbela and S Avoca

Cubs got new step dads..

Thats not exactly good for them, 2 adult males can eat a lot..

I was thinking the same thing. That zebra would have been a good meal for the pride if the two males hadn't turned up.
2 users Like NLAL11's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-22-2024, 08:50 PM by Mapokser )

PCM are failing at their job badly, the Mangheni pride is free real estate, the only reason the cubs are still alive is because they have been lucky, if Nkuhuma and Talamati males were there for example, it'd be over.

United States Warpath Offline
New Join

(07-22-2024, 06:46 AM)Mapokser Wrote: PCM are failing at their job badly, the Mangheni pride is free real estate, the only reason the cubs are still alive is because they have been luck, if Nkuhuma and Talamati males were there for example, it'd be over.

and how is it failing if they don't care about it? I've seen others say they haven't visited this pride in months