There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(03-10-2023, 09:55 AM)BorntobeWild Wrote: I heard that she has been back and forth with the pride. Sometimes she joins them for hunting and other times she is on her own.

Yep. In another video, the ranger explained that probably because Lagertha was alone for long time she may sometimes want to be alone.
3 users Like afortich's post

Korea, Republic of veritas Offline

MAPOZA
The legendary Mapoza male is still reigning successful in Thornybush. 3 powerful coalitions are threatening Mapoza, but the king is still roaring and ruling. The 6 Birmingam Boys, Hercules&Sumatra and 4 Black Dam Boys are all trying to take over Monwana pride. Somehow Mapoza has managed to keep his crown and protect his family. Mapoza's 5 sons are taking their first lessons in hunting, it's just a matter of months, before they are forced to leave the pride. Mapoza has done an exceptional job and left a huge trace behind. Yet his ambition just keeps getting bigger. There are 7 new cubs in the pride and more pregnant lionesses. The game starts again and the king is always one move ahead
Credits to Bruce Arnold

ㅡ ㅡ ㅡ ㅡ ㅡ ㅡ ㅡ ㅡ ㅡ ㅡ 

Can Mapoza form a coalition with his sons?
Now the area seems to have a lot of lions...

I saw the post below on Facebook.

The link address is here.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/97561239...tid=Nif5oz

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(03-10-2023, 06:36 PM)veritas Wrote: MAPOZA
The legendary Mapoza male is still reigning successful in Thornybush. 3 powerful coalitions are threatening Mapoza, but the king is still roaring and ruling. The 6 Birmingam Boys, Hercules&Sumatra and 4 Black Dam Boys are all trying to take over Monwana pride. Somehow Mapoza has managed to keep his crown and protect his family. Mapoza's 5 sons are taking their first lessons in hunting, it's just a matter of months, before they are forced to leave the pride. Mapoza has done an exceptional job and left a huge trace behind. Yet his ambition just keeps getting bigger. There are 7 new cubs in the pride and more pregnant lionesses. The game starts again and the king is always one move ahead
Credits to Bruce Arnold

ㅡ ㅡ ㅡ ㅡ ㅡ ㅡ ㅡ ㅡ ㅡ ㅡ 

Can Mapoza form a coalition with his sons?
Now the area seems to have a lot of lions...

I saw the post below on Facebook.

The link address is here.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/97561239...tid=Nif5oz

There are inconsistencies with the information in that Facebook post.   

I am NOT AWARE the Birmingham Breakaways have really been seen pressuring Mapoza at all.
5 users Like criollo2mil's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Yup noone is currently really pressuring Mapoza male. In fact he is just a loner so when one of the mentioned coalitions will decide to make move on to Mapoza's territory, it will be very short competition and Mapoza will be easly driven out.
6 users Like Potato's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

As Potato mentioned, Actually, Mapoza male isn't getting pressure from any coalition nearby. Black dam males could have been a problem for him. But they're not being, so far...
4 users Like T I N O's post

Korea, Republic of veritas Offline

Oh, thank you, my friends, I'm glad the Marpoza is safe, I hope the old warrior stays healthy for a long time.
Surely FB sometimes confuses me.

@Timbavati @Like potato @criollo2mil
2 users Like veritas's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(03-11-2023, 12:35 AM)veritas Wrote: Surely FB sometimes confuses me.

Fb is known for creating random drama
6 users Like Mdz123's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(03-11-2023, 12:35 AM)veritas Wrote: Oh, thank you, my friends, I'm glad the Marpoza is safe, I hope the old warrior stays healthy for a long time.
Surely FB sometimes confuses me.

@Timbavati @Like potato @criollo2mil

Just a few guys from FB are knowledgeable about the lions in the different areas. Like Aruna, our WildFact member, @"Brahimlegend"  among others.
5 users Like T I N O's post

United Kingdom lionuk Offline
Contributor

6 users Like lionuk's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(03-11-2023, 05:36 PM)lionuk Wrote:

With the Vuyela males taking over big parts of the Timbavati. The Skorro males have tough times ahead.
3 users Like T I N O's post

United States T_Ferguson Offline
( This post was last modified: 03-11-2023, 09:20 PM by T_Ferguson Edit Reason: Got my answer, and again I am wrong. )

Question... Dreadlocks De Laporte and the 6 Nkulu males, are they in this region?

Thank you Tr1x24. I will move my questions to the Kruger post.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-11-2023, 09:07 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote: Question... Dreadlocks De Laporte and the 6 Nkulu males, are they in this region still?

They where never at Timbavati, they are around Skukuza.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

The two Older Kudyela males, it looks like they abandoned the small Singwe Pride and went across the river, seems they've now outsted their remaining father
by Isambane Camp

*This image is copyright of its original author
9 users Like Tonpa's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(03-12-2023, 05:47 PM)Tonpa Wrote: The two Older Kudyela males, it looks like they abandoned the small Singwe Pride and went across the river, seems they've now outsted their remaining father
by Isambane Camp

Isambane renamed them "Orion Males"
5 users Like Tonpa's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Tanda Tula update

As for the Giraffe Pride, they too were quite cooperative this week. After starting the week on the plains the pride crossed into the Klaserie – a rare voyage for them, but they didn’t get more than 100m in and we could see them from the boundary. It was that evening that they returned and killed the wild dog. The next day we found three of the young pride males in the same area, and a day later we picked up on them still looking for the pride. By the end of the week, all 25 members were back together and spent another two days on the plains. Although we didn’t see them on any kills, for three days in a row we could see that they had eaten. The males put on a great roaring display for us one evening, and it was encouraging to see that even in his poor condition, the Sumatra male is not scared to proclaim his dominance.

The week ended with one of the young males having once more gotten separated from the pride. The Sark Breakaway Pride also made a welcome return to the west this week and three members were seen feeding on a waterbuck one evening. The next day all four lionesses, the five subadults and two of the Vuyela males were together in our western sections. We saw these two Vuyela males one morning marching down our access road causing quite a traffic jam; we opted not to spend time there and got to see two other Vuyela males in the east on our journey there in search of cheetahs. These same two males had been spending a great deal of time with the three River Pride members. It seems as though these girls are bringing these males back into the area that they used to use as their territory when they were with the Nharhu males. This push from the River Pride and the roars of the Vuyela males are keeping the Mayambula Pride in the southern reaches of their territory, and generally just beyond our concession. It will be interesting to see how these dynamics unfold over the coming months.

7 users Like Potato's post