There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

lionuk Offline
Contributor

@Timbavati Hi, do you know when the Timbavati map will be posted? We all are eagerly waiting for it. 
Thanks
3 users Like lionuk's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(04-03-2023, 10:42 PM)lionuk Wrote: @Timbavati Hi, do you know when the Timbavati map will be posted? We all are eagerly waiting for it. 
Thanks

We'll post the Timbavati map in mid of this month, in each month of the year. We will try to do a monthly map with Timbavati guys.
10 users Like Timbavati's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

7 users Like Potato's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-06-2023, 08:19 PM by criollo2mil )

I’m hearing the Western Pride is down to two cubs.   Here in this sighting, I notice a (lioness?) in the background struggling to walk looking frail and sickly?

10 users Like criollo2mil's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(04-06-2023, 08:19 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: I’m hearing the Western Pride is down to two cubs.   Here in this sighting, I notice a (lioness?) in the background struggling to walk looking frail and sickly?

If I read correctly, they are down to 6 cubs, not 2 cubs.
5 users Like lionuk's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(04-06-2023, 09:29 PM)lionuk Wrote:
(04-06-2023, 08:19 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: I’m hearing the Western Pride is down to two cubs.   Here in this sighting, I notice a (lioness?) in the background struggling to walk looking frail and sickly?

If I read correctly, they are down to 6 cubs, not 2 cubs.

yeah, sorry....i read it backwards  (SMH)   they lost two cubs and are down to six is what i should have reaD  LOL.

TY FOR CLEARING ME UP :)
6 users Like criollo2mil's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Skorokoro, a true survivor of the Timbavati. Glad to see him thriving with the Western pride. He'll turn on his fourth year of reign in late 2023. Around October/November.
10 users Like Timbavati's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

River pride lionesses contact calling, by CS-Wildcam

8 users Like afortich's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

5 users Like Potato's post

Gavskrr Offline

(04-08-2023, 05:41 PM)Potato Wrote:

Does he have that black spot disease? Sizanani at the end of life looked like this.
3 users Like Gavskrr's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-08-2023, 07:59 PM by Tr1x24 )

(04-08-2023, 07:28 PM)Gavskrr Wrote: Does he have that black spot disease? Sizanani at the end of life looked like this.

Yes, he has it on both hips, very rare to see.

Unfortunatley, its only matter of time how long he will live.

Not sure why rangers are saying this are injuries, Kruger staff are ignoring this disease too much.

I mean, Sumatra is over 10-11 yeara old, so this disease didnt kill him when he was young , but still some lions die of this far sooner.

Kruger needs to do more to investigate this disease.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(04-08-2023, 07:54 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(04-08-2023, 07:28 PM)Gavskrr Wrote: Does he have that black spot disease? Sizanani at the end of life looked like this.

Yes, he has it on both hips, very rare to see.

Unfortunatley, its only matter of time how long he will live.

Not sure why rangers are saying this are injuries, Kruger staff are ignoring this disease too much.

I mean, Sumatra is over 10-11 yeara old, so this disease didnt kill him when he was young , but still some lions die of this far sooner.

Kruger needs to do more to investigate this disease.

He is probably older then that, I remember he should be around 12-13 yrs old now
3 users Like Mdz123's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-09-2023, 03:27 AM by Tr1x24 )

(04-08-2023, 10:51 PM)Mdz123 Wrote: He is probably older then that, I remember he should be around 12-13 yrs old now

Its not known, but its estimated that he was born around 2012 (maybe 2011).

This is him in early 2017, you can see how young he looks :

*This image is copyright of its original author

Regardless, he made it to quite old age despite this disease.
7 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

The always impressive Guernsey male. Been a while since he was last seen. Perhaps moved off the reserve due to the black dam males showing a lot of presence in the south.

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Old Ross males.