There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

United States afortich Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-15-2023, 05:40 AM by afortich )

(04-14-2023, 10:09 PM)Mdz123 Wrote:
(04-14-2023, 03:56 AM)afortich Wrote: Ngati pride, by Quiet Eagle and Wild Earth

Who are the dominant males?

In all videos I've seen they call the current dominant males as the Pridelands males. I know a few years back the dominant males were the Masungulo that killed Lagertha's mother.
3 users Like afortich's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

7 users Like Potato's post

Mwk85 Offline

Two Avoca females encounter with the Guernsey male.

6 users Like Mwk85's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(04-16-2023, 11:43 PM)Mwk85 Wrote: Mbiri Pride on a giraffe kill.

https://wildfact.com/forum/topic-lions-of-manyeleti?page=163
1 user Likes Potato's post

Mwk85 Offline

(04-17-2023, 12:14 AM)Potato Wrote:
(04-16-2023, 11:43 PM)Mwk85 Wrote: Mbiri Pride on a giraffe kill.

https://wildfact.com/forum/topic-lions-of-manyeleti?page=163

Moved it to the correct thread. Thanks for the help.
3 users Like Mwk85's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-16-2023, 11:37 PM)Mwk85 Wrote: Two Avoca females encounter with the Guernsey male.

Guernsey male is such a stunning specimen.

Females where not happy.

Are Avocas under 4 BDM's now?
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Mwk85 Offline

(04-17-2023, 12:53 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(04-16-2023, 11:37 PM)Mwk85 Wrote: Two Avoca females encounter with the Guernsey male.

Guernsey male is such a stunning specimen.

Females where not happy.

Are Avocas under 4 BDM's now?

Can't say for 100% certainty if they're under the 4 BDM's currently, but they've been mating with them as of late. I suppose they will be (if not already) in the near future.
2 users Like Mwk85's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-17-2023, 01:04 AM)Mwk85 Wrote: Can't say for 100% certainty if they're under the 4 BDM's currently, but they've been mating with them as of late. I suppose they will be (if not already) in the near future.

Yea i also heard they are mating with them.

I hope Guernsey male leave this area, living in the territory of 4 males wont end well, he lost partner to them and he few times had close calls.

Leaving this area would open new opportunities of finding coalition partners, like Skorro Orpen, Giraffe/Monwana (who he knows) or young Avoca, who all roam around.

Even Sark breakaway is not too far, and he also is massive beast.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Avoca females mated with many differnet males through the past year and it doesn't look like they are settled with Black Dam males or any other males. 

(04-17-2023, 01:17 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: and he also is massive beast.
Quite tiny he looked in comparison with Monwana male (Trilogy son). Also young Avoca male is matching him in size so I think this male should be below avarage to avarage max in comparison with other males around.

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Avoca females are heavily pregnant. Xikukutsu males are again on Sandringham. 

Map will be posted today. Some prides weren't added because they shifted their territory into Kruger
4 users Like Timbavati's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-17-2023, 01:27 AM)Potato Wrote: Quite tiny he looked in comparison with Monwana male (Trilogy son). Also young Avoca male is matching him in size so I think this male should be below avarage to avarage max in comparison with other males around.

I was talking about Sark Breakaway male there.

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Timbavati map as of April 2023. (Next map will be posted next month)
Birmingham prides not were added in the map because they've shifted their territory into Kruger and only often are sighted in the Timbavati. Mongawane males weren't seen in a long time in the area, last sighting was in Kruger. Avoca pride shifted their territory into Southern parts of Thornybush, they were seen at Shindzela a few days ago after of a long time. The seven Birmingham breakaway young males are nomadic and traverse the whole reserve. Same goes for the the white Birmingham young male and his brothers, they're back and forth from Timbavati to Kruger, they haven't an specific territory so far, thus i decided don't add them here. Same for Ross males.
Special thanks to: Cathan Moore, Johan Adolf Smalman and Andi Dill

*This image is copyright of its original author
12 users Like Timbavati's post

Mwk85 Offline
( This post was last modified: 04-17-2023, 07:08 AM by Mwk85 Edit Reason: Corrected spelling error )

(04-17-2023, 02:49 AM)Timbavati Wrote: Timbavati map as of April 2023. (Next map will be posted next month)
Birmingham prides not were added in the map because they've shifted their territory into Kruger and only often are sighted in the Timbavati. Mongawane males weren't seen in a long time in the area, last sighting was in Kruger. Avoca pride shifted their territory into Southern parts of Thornybush, they were seen at Shindzela a few days ago after of a long time. The seven Birmingham breakaway young males are nomadic and traverse the whole reserve. Same goes for the the white Birmingham young male and his brothers, they're back and forth from Timbavati to Kruger, they haven't an specific territory so far, thus i decided don't add them here. Same for Ross males.
Special thanks to: Cathan Moore, Johan Adolf Smalman and Andi Dill

*This image is copyright of its original author

Sincerely do appreciate the map! I'm not very familiar with the Timbavati area so this helps a lot!
5 users Like Mwk85's post

BigLion39 Offline

(04-17-2023, 02:49 AM)Timbavati Wrote: Timbavati map as of April 2023. (Next map will be posted next month)
Thank you for this awesome map! Much appreciado!!!
2 users Like BigLion39's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Thank you everyone for the kind words. In the next map, we will try to add some other Lion coalitions once their territories are specifics and not nomadic males due the fact they tend to traverse the whole reserve and even went into nearby areas
4 users Like Timbavati's post