There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 7 Vote(s) - 4.43 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(05-26-2023, 01:15 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: As if this day couldn’t get worse !!!!!

Based of location, its prob female or sub from Sand River pride..

Trouble is coming..
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States Saint Offline

(05-26-2023, 01:23 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(05-26-2023, 01:15 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: As if this day couldn’t get worse !!!!!

Based of location, its prob female or sub from Sand River pride..

Trouble is coming..

got to wonder where the S. Avocas are and if they have already had a conflict with the Nkhulu males
1 user Likes Saint's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

Damn, I know it's nature but I hate it.
2 users Like afortich's post

United States T_Ferguson Offline

I guess this announces the arrival of the NkHulus.  I really thought they'd mature a bit more (6 or 8 months) before taking this leap.

Canada Robot00 Offline

I guess the southern avocas couldnt hold them off any longer. If the nkhulus do establish themselves in southern sabi sands which i hope they will, nkhulus will be the 2nd coming of mapogos once they start their conquest

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

I love the Mapogos but the SS lion population definitely doesn't need another wave of them again, especially now.
3 users Like Mapokser's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-26-2023, 11:18 AM by Tr1x24 )

(05-26-2023, 09:24 AM)Robot00 Wrote: I guess the southern avocas couldnt hold them off any longer. If the nkhulus do establish themselves in southern sabi sands which i hope they will, nkhulus will be the 2nd coming of mapogos once they start their conquest

Nkhulus killing lioness in their territory doesnt mean that S.Avocas are defetead already, they might not be aware of their presence, although it will be hard for either S.Avocas or Gijimas to fight them off at this point.

Lets wait with predictions like "new Mapogos", out of 7 males you have Dreadlocks, who is over 9 yrs old and doesnt look too active in their territory pursuit. Then 2 young males are already injured/unhealthy, prob with TB or some other disease, their future is uncertain, so basically you have "only" 4 healthy males for future.

4 healthy males are still very strong coalition for future, but i wouldnt go as far that they will conquer all Sabi Sand just like that in next few years, especially when you have 4 Kambulas, who are their age, in the area. 

With all other coalitions in SS not bigger then 2 members, its very likely that 4 Kambulas will establish themselves in SS aswell.

We might even see full blown war soon between Nkhulus vs Kambulas vs Gijimas/S.Avocas for southern Sabi Sands, now that would be a clusterfuck.

Its impossible to predict what will happen.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Ttimemarti Offline

(05-26-2023, 11:06 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(05-26-2023, 09:24 AM)Robot00 Wrote: I guess the southern avocas couldnt hold them off any longer. If the nkhulus do establish themselves in southern sabi sands which i hope they will, nkhulus will be the 2nd coming of mapogos once they start their conquest

Nkhulus killing lioness in their territory doesnt mean that S.Avocas are defetead already, they might not be aware of their presence, although it will be hard for either S.Avocas or Gijimas to fight them off at this point.

Lets wait with predictions like "new Mapogos", out of 7 males you have Dreadlocks, who is over 9 yrs old and doesnt look too active in their territory pursuit. Then 2 young males are already injured/unhealthy, prob with TB or some other disease, their future is uncertain, so basically you have "only" 4 healthy males for future.

4 healthy males are still very strong coalition for future, but i wouldnt go as far that they will conquer all Sabi Sand just like that in next few years, especially when you have 4 Kambulas, who are their age, in the area. 

With all other coalitions in SS not bigger then 2 members, its very likely that 4 Kambulas will establish themselves in SS aswell.

We might even see full blown war soon between Nkhulus vs Kambulas vs Gijimas/S.Avocas for southern Sabi Sands, now that would be a clusterfuck.

If so I hope dark maned talamati gets out of the south very very very quickly but his sisters and aunt could stay behind they are probably ready to mate now
1 user Likes Ttimemarti's post

United States T_Ferguson Offline
( This post was last modified: 05-26-2023, 06:29 PM by T_Ferguson )

(05-26-2023, 11:06 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

I think it's safe to say that the next couple of weeks/months are going to be interesting.
2 users Like T_Ferguson's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-26-2023, 06:35 PM by criollo2mil )

They have mis identified the lioness.    It isn’t Tsalala but 1/5 Talamatis 

Attached Files Image(s)

7 users Like criollo2mil's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Nkuhlu boys means business. I heard they killed a Sand River lioness. That's sad
1 user Likes Timbavati's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(05-26-2023, 08:53 PM)Timbavati Wrote: Nkuhlu boys means business. I heard they killed a Sand River lioness. That's sad

Any confirmation that it was indeed Sand River lioness? 

We only speculate based of location.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-27-2023, 06:47 AM by criollo2mil )

(05-26-2023, 09:26 PM)afortich Wrote:

Hey buddy, Maybe this is better placed in the timbavati thread?
1 user Likes criollo2mil's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(05-27-2023, 06:46 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(05-26-2023, 09:26 PM)afortich Wrote:

Hey buddy, Maybe this is better placed in the timbavati thread?

Done! Thank u bro!!

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(05-26-2023, 06:31 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: They have mis identified the lioness.    It isn’t Tsalala but 1/5 Talamatis 

BDMs would make good dominant males for the Talamati and Kambula prides
3 users Like Mdz123's post