There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(05-18-2023, 08:51 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote: So, is this a new boy in town, or is this the PC Male.  I am miserable at identification.  It looks like one of the PC Males to me though.

The guide Mis ID as PCMs.   But it’s not them.    Some are circulating it’s suspected to be the Skorro YM son of Orpen…..but I have my doubts.   

But like you said, I’m horrible at IDs.  Lol
1 user Likes criollo2mil's post

United States T_Ferguson Offline

(05-18-2023, 09:13 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(05-18-2023, 08:51 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote: So, is this a new boy in town, or is this the PC Male.  I am miserable at identification.  It looks like one of the PC Males to me though.

The guide Mis ID as PCMs.   But it’s not them.    Some are circulating it’s suspected to be the Skorro YM son of Orpen…..but I have my doubts.   

But like you said, I’m horrible at IDs.  Lol

Thanks.  So we have a new mystery.  New Boy to the north, Nkhulu boys to the south.  Gijima's gonna be busy soon huh?

United States book1206 Offline

very likely this is new boy and the son of junior matiba

Attached Files Image(s)

3 users Like book1206's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(05-18-2023, 06:59 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Confirms previous suspicions that the Matinmahle sons were with Torchwood

Yes, this is Torchwood breakaway.

I knew there must be more Torchwoods east in Kruger then what we see with Kruger male.

This breakaway already started forming in 2020-21, this group with Smudge Nosed female and daughters of Bboys hanged mostly with Torchwood young male up until TYM left them, then they moved into Kruger, and when they link with 5th and sons (prob around late 2021/early 2022) they split permanently from Kruger males group.

Interesting thing, that Smudge Nosed Kruger male disappeared around that date, late 2021, might not be coinciedence (although he was not in best condition). Also remaining Kruger male started to push further north, into southern Manyeleti and Mluwati Concession aswell, alongside his Torchwoods group.

We should make a head count from latest sightings of both groups, to see how many members are in both groups.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-18-2023, 09:41 PM by Tr1x24 )

Yes, its Skorro young male.

Already roaring/contact calling in this area, interesting.

NK male , there is your partner.

Sabi Sands is becoming lions Game of Thrones lol.
7 users Like Tr1x24's post

Contributor

These two comparisons is what makes me most conceived it’s him.    The Skorro YM of Orpen.    The WPs loos convincing to me?

Attached Files Image(s)

4 users Like criollo2mil's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(05-18-2023, 09:38 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Yes, its Skorro young male.

Already roaring/contact calling in this area, interesting.

NK male , there is your partner.

Sabi Sands is becoming lions Game of Thrones lol.

Or he could be a partner for Skorro jr Tumbela.
3 users Like lionuk's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

If it's indeed the Orpen males son and he's looking for a partner his options will be plenty, NK is the most obvious and probably the best, but there's also Mohawk and 2 Talamati males that aren't even together right now, and maybe even Skorro Jr if he were to reappear and decide to explore.

Btw how old is this guy again? His mane is quite well developed to a point it was thought it was a PCM ( I thought the same ).
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-18-2023, 10:25 PM by Tr1x24 )

(05-18-2023, 09:47 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: These two comparisons is what makes me most conceived it’s him.    The Skorro YM of Orpen.    The WPs loos convincing to me?

Its him.

(05-18-2023, 09:58 PM)Mapokser Wrote: Btw how old is this guy again? His mane is quite well developed to a point it was thought it was a PCM ( I thought the same ).

He is born around early 2018, so he is around 5 now, he is not that much younger then PC males , around half a year only.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-18-2023, 10:54 PM by Tr1x24 )

Familiar face?

*This image is copyright of its original author

Photo Credits:Sandra Willis Claassen

Yes, its S8/Imbali male with his partner, 1/2 older Mbiris (lost brother of Nsemani Mbiri) around mid 2017, east of Manyeleti, near Talamati Camp.

Still, even with this discovery, his origins are still unknown.

But based of this sighting, we should change his assumed age, he is estimated to be around the age of N.Avocas, and born in 2013, but he is prob 1 year older then them, born in 2012, and now at 11 yrs of age ( he looks around 5 on this pictures).
7 users Like Tr1x24's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

@Tr1x24 wait Imbali was the partner of the 1/2 old Mbiri male? This is crazy. Does it mean they sired some cubs together, maybe in the Imbali pride or is S8 the only father? Any guesses when the Mbiri male died?

And damn if S8 is 11 it just makes him more of a badass still holding up to power and being a "bully", expanding and taking risks, while Mohawk ( who was no pushover ), a year younger, was forced to go nomadic under the same scenario.

He must have some great genetics related to age because looking at him and his feats I would guess he is is only slightly out of prime.
2 users Like Mapokser's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(05-19-2023, 01:00 AM)Mapokser Wrote: @Tr1x24 wait Imbali was the partner of the 1/2 old Mbiri male? This is crazy. Does it mean they sired some cubs together, maybe in the Imbali pride or is S8 the only father? Any guesses when the Mbiri male died?

This was the last time that older Mbiri was seen, prob got killed on a territory takeover attempt as you can see on these pictures aswell he has scared back, so they where prob contesting for territory in this area.

At that time Skybed males still ruled this area around Talamati Camp, so they prob didnt succeed to take them down.

Ofc, this is only speculation and guess, no one knows what happened to him exactly.

No, S8/imbali male alone become dominant male of the Imbali pride in 2019 after Mluwati males abandon the area.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

@Tr1x24 I'm not very familiar with Jr and Buddy, I don't even think I've seen any photos of Buddy, but considering they are unrelated there should be much easier to say who sired this Skorro male, since normally we try to guess the father between brothers who all look similar and the cubs can also look like their uncles, but not here.

So who do you think is the father, Jr or Buddy?
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

Contributor

(05-19-2023, 04:29 AM)Mapokser Wrote: @Tr1x24 I'm not very familiar with Jr and Buddy, I don't even think I've seen any photos of Buddy, but considering they are unrelated there should be much easier to say who sired this Skorro male, since normally we try to guess the father between brothers who all look similar and the cubs can also look like their uncles, but not here.

So who do you think is the father, Jr or Buddy?

The most common opinion is that the Skorro YM is the son of Buddy.   Junior was thought to have sired his younger brother that disappeared early during the Skorro Breakway nomadic period.  

Here are a few pics I found of Buddy

Attached Files Image(s)

3 users Like criollo2mil's post

Gavskrr Offline

I really hope that this boy finds a partner, he doesn't necessarily need to stay in sabi sands as the competition is very high but judging by the current state of some males of sabi sands it would be perfect for both him and the others. Sometimes I feel that Skorro jr has accepted the fact that he is a nomad but by being trapped in a certain place he ends up playing against himself his chances would be preferable that he wanders again like he did when he lost his brother, his future is not very promising in the west. A coalition with mohawk, Skorro YM, talamatis or even the already known male Nkuhuma, it would not be a lack of options but the possibility of sneaking into any female while PC males are away gives you a false conquest
2 users Like Gavskrr's post