There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The Plains Camp males made a brief visit in the Western sector of the Sabi Sands.
Image credit: Roger

*This image is copyright of its original author

14 users Like T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Looks like Nhenha was alone here, not sure where was NK.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(09-03-2022, 06:20 PM)WildRev Wrote: Both have the same build, one has just a bigger mane

And he is more muscular.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 09-03-2022, 06:45 PM by Tr1x24 )

They first chased NK, then Nhenha:

Thats why NK was not there with Nhenha. 

PC males did a great job attacking them when they were not together, as we see NK is casually lying in the shade when 2 males appear.
11 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States book1206 Offline

Quote form facebook group

[color=var(--primary-text)]"I got news from my friends there that Nakhuma was there when the plains camp men attacked Nhenha and they said he ran away, that means he didn't defend with Nhenha and decided to leave him and save his life. And the paparazzi couldn't catch up with Nhenha for a photo shoot, he might be able to survive the Plains camp boys and hope they really survive" 
[/color]

[color=var(--primary-text)]In the comments, he mentioned the source come from  "Stuart Buy ,[/color][color=rgb(var(--ig-secondary-text))]Photographer [/color]Field guide at Leopard Hills in Sabi Sands." 
1 user Likes book1206's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

I see it's heating up on FB lol
1 user Likes Tonpa's post

South Africa Slayerd Offline

Clarifying this situation before it goes out of control.  The Birmingham and Nkuhuma males have been very active these past few days probably looking for the Othawa and their pride male which pulled the attention of the PC Males. The Nkuhuma Male was alone in Savanna Game Reserve when the two PC males found and chased him. They chased into Dulini Game Reserve. Nhenha was then seen persuing the two PC males. In the story, Nhenha is roaring whilst the two PC Males are watching him. He is caught but managed to escape which is quite impressive. The Nkuhuma Male was seen roaring and walking in a direction but I don't know exactly where he was seen. Nhenha was seen resting and he looks to be OK. The PC males managed to catch them separated but let's hope they join up somehow.
12 users Like Slayerd's post

1999gc8 Offline
( This post was last modified: 09-03-2022, 07:55 PM by 1999gc8 )

I've wondered how accurate the story is regarding the altercation with Nhena and Skorro junior a while ago. Some were saying Skorro Junior had the upper hand yet Nhena somehow managed to survive an attack and get away from both PC Males who are massive, very aggressive and confident?
I think Nhena did well to survive the attack from both PC Males if they caught him alone which is impressive and shows he's still a strong and capable lion in a fight at his much older age. Was surprised he would pursue to massive lions by himself and I hope Nhena is ok and him and NK male reunite soon.
3 users Like 1999gc8's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Did anyone seen that Nhenha was actually caught? Why nobody film that? Any photos of Nhenha afer that? 

Its hard to believe that he would be able to fight off and escape against 2 big males like PC boys if they actually did catch him in a 1 vs 2.
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(09-03-2022, 07:49 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Did anyone seen that Nhenha was actually caught? Why nobody film that? Any photos of Nhenha afer that? 

Its hard to believe that he would be able to fight off and escape against 2 big males like PC boys if they actually did catch him in a 1 vs 2.

From Stuarts video it looks like the vehicles were lagging behind a bit and it happened past some bushes. Although I haven't seen any recordings of while it was happening, maybe they're saving that footage

Post-incident apparently
Sent by Stuart to a guy on FB

11 users Like Tonpa's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 09-03-2022, 08:06 PM by Mdz123 )

PC males are playing it really smart despite their young age, the are acting like experienced tacticians. In this case they spotted NYM alone and decided to attack. I dont think they wouldve attacked if he was together with Nhena. After they chase NYM away and make sure he isnt running towards Nhena, they change directions and go for Nhena instead. 

This is a really interesting strategy PC males are using inorder to keep NYM and Nhena seprated. Interesting times ahead in western sector
4 users Like Mdz123's post

United Kingdom Mabingilane Offline

(09-03-2022, 07:24 PM)Slayerd Wrote: Clarifying this situation before it goes out of control.  The Birmingham and Nkuhuma males have been very active these past few days probably looking for the Othawa and their pride male which pulled the attention of the PC Males. The Nkuhuma Male was alone in Savanna Game Reserve when the two PC males found and chased him. They chased into Dulini Game Reserve. Nhenha was then seen persuing the two PC males. In the story, Nhenha is roaring whilst the two PC Males are watching him. He is caught but managed to escape which is quite impressive. The Nkuhuma Male was seen roaring and walking in a direction but I don't know exactly where he was seen. Nhenha was seen resting and he looks to be OK. The PC males managed to catch them separated but let's hope they join up somehow.
Very precise and accurate depiction of the recent confrontation/s.
Thank you @Slayerd
3 users Like Mabingilane's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 09-03-2022, 08:37 PM by Tr1x24 )

(09-03-2022, 08:01 PM)Tonpa Wrote: From Stuarts video it looks like the vehicles were lagging behind a bit and it happened past some bushes. Although I haven't seen any recordings of while it was happening, maybe they're saving that footage

I dont think they actually got him, maybe 1 male catched him and few swipes exchanged and Nhenha runs away. 

If 2 males actually loocked him down, i dont think he would managed to get away just like that, without any injuries it looks like.
9 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

PC boys on the move in the West!

8 users Like afortich's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

The PC boys chasing NYM at 40 second of the clip.

7 users Like afortich's post