There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Young male from the Talamti pride showing off his developing mane at Londolozi,South Africa in April 2022.
Image credit: Anthony Goldman

*This image is copyright of its original author
11 users Like T I N O's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 09-03-2022, 01:48 PM by Tonpa )

"Absolute chaos unfolded this morning in the Western Sabi Sand as the Plains Camp coalition made a statement.

They pursued the audio of the Birmingham & Nkuhuma male lions who were not expecting any visitors.
The Plains Camp males ran deep into their territory and began scent marking and roaring, clearly sending a message to the Birmingham & Nkuhuma males.

Another twist to the already chaotic lion dynamics in the West."

IG Story from Leo Bosch

12 users Like Tonpa's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

I guess they heard the Birminghams roar as they are dealing with Skorro and decided to send a message back.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 09-03-2022, 02:26 PM by Tr1x24 )

(09-03-2022, 01:47 PM)Tonpa Wrote: "Absolute chaos unfolded this morning in the Western Sabi Sand as the Plains Camp coalition made a statement.

They pursued the audio of the Birmingham & Nkuhuma male lions who were not expecting any visitors.
The Plains Camp males ran deep into their territory and began scent marking and roaring, clearly sending a message to the Birmingham & Nkuhuma males.

Expected "clash" between the 2 neighbouring coalitions, first time since Nhenha/NK claimed western sector. 

This might only be establishing borders between the 2 parties and nothing more serious, testing the waters. 

PC males look very confident since they become territorial males amost 1 year ago, also look very impressive, but they are still fairly inexperienced in this kind of situations, for now they just brute force in and trying to intimidate their opponents, or catch them out off guard, which works against other prides and lone males. 

But Nhenha/NK, especially Nhenha is veteran warrior, i dont think he will "fall" on these "cheesy" attempts by young boys and try to fight them on their terms. If we know anything about Nhenha, we know he is not "reckless" or "hot headed" lion, he picks his fights. 

PC boys remind me of 2 Mbiri boys, they like to cause problems and they look fearless.
11 users Like Tr1x24's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

I think we probably are going to see a repeat of the Avoca BBoy feud.
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

WildRev Offline

I'll bet on the PC males if any clashs happen
3 users Like WildRev's post

Hairy tummy Offline

Nothing nhenha hasn't seen before, im sure he'll be assessing the situation and come up with a suitable action plan ha. The pc boys certainly look  to be in menacing form
Going to be interesting to see if anything unfolds from this
4 users Like Hairy tummy's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 09-03-2022, 04:03 PM by Tonpa )

Interestingly they caught Nhenha but he managed to get away 

https://instagram.com/stories/rangerstu2...DJmNzVkMjY=

10 users Like Tonpa's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Hmm. I wonder if Nym was with him. This may not be the best time for them to go solo.

In any case, this was quite the agressive move of them.
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Australia Horizon Offline
Moderators

(09-03-2022, 03:16 PM)WildRev Wrote: I'll bet on the PC males if any clashs happen

Absolutely. Hope none of that happens.
1 user Likes Horizon's post

Australia Horizon Offline
Moderators

(09-03-2022, 02:12 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: This might only be establishing borders between the 2 parties and nothing more serious, testing the waters. 
Tr1x24, The report says PC boys ran deep into Nhenha’s territory and tracked him down. That seems serious and I hope Nhenha gets away.
1 user Likes Horizon's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 09-03-2022, 05:23 PM by Duco Ndona )

There currently isnt much of an established border in the region. 

The new border probably lies a lot further to the west as the Birminghams and Ximhungwes have plenty of room to expand there with Skorro and the Othawas gone. While Singita is getting quite crowded with smaller prides mostly under or flirting with the PCmales.
3 users Like Duco Ndona's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(09-03-2022, 01:47 PM)Tonpa Wrote: "Absolute chaos unfolded this morning in the Western Sabi Sand as the Plains Camp coalition made a statement.

IG Story from Leo Bosch

The bigger Plains Camp male is a massive beast!! Interesting times ahead. Let's see what unfolds.
4 users Like T I N O's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

While the boys are being boys……The Ximunghwe Pride was chilling away from the chaos 

Credit:  Chris Mark (AKA Blindspot :).

Attached Files Image(s)

12 users Like criollo2mil's post

WildRev Offline

Both have the same build, one has just a bigger mane
3 users Like WildRev's post