There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

"My best lion sighting EVER last night. We were with the big S8 male for a few hours. He put on the most incredible territorial show for us by roaring every 2/3mins. To be able to experience this with my family is just the best! What a place the Sabi Sands is!"

11 users Like Tonpa's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

S8 Male on a mission. Sunrise safari August 20, 2022 with Cedric Dold and Johan

*This image is copyright of its original author

13 users Like Timbavati's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

"The two Gijima males were spotted on the banks of the Umlechwaan River drainage line showing interest in a large herd of buffalo in the area. The two males trailed the buffalo until the herd got wind of the lions. The herd came together and chased the lions off to a safe distance"

13 users Like Tonpa's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

"The beautiful S8 male wondering around more and more his new areas!! Expanding his territory and looking for new prides to possibly join or over take!!"

10 users Like Tonpa's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(08-22-2022, 11:20 AM)Tonpa Wrote: "The two Gijima males were spotted on the banks of the Umlechwaan River drainage line showing interest in a large herd of buffalo in the area. The two males trailed the buffalo until the herd got wind of the lions. The herd came together and chased the lions off to a safe distance"

The bigger Gijima male is such a gorgeous young male. It's a shame their backgrounds are still unknown. Would have been good to know their origins. Especially by the particular appearance of them
8 users Like Timbavati's post

Hairy tummy Offline

I was just think that, hes a stunner!
3 users Like Hairy tummy's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Can anyone ID this pride at Lion Sands? Not sure if Sand Rivers, that sub male looks quite big :

7 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(08-22-2022, 11:32 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Can anyone ID this pride at Lion Sands? Not sure if Sand Rivers, that sub male looks quite big :

I would be guessing Plains Camp pride. On the video there are 2 young males so it is not Sand River pride.
8 users Like Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

2 Southern Pride sisters :

9 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Nkuhuma and Ximhungwe female by Dulini Lodge/Neil Jennings

9 users Like Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Both Gijima males now mated with older Sand River female :

This female is prob mother of young female born in late 2019,  interesting choice that she went to mate with new males, as rest of adult females in Sand River pride have cubs/subs with S. Avocas 
, she will most likely need to breakaway from them, alone,  unless, she is also mating with S. Avocas.
9 users Like Tr1x24's post

Leo Aslan Offline
Banned

The legendary king from Djuma Blondie - in the wrong place at the wrong time, the Mapogos showed no mercy...

7 users Like Leo Aslan's post

1ofCourage Offline

(08-24-2022, 04:28 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Nkuhuma and Ximhungwe female by Dulini Lodge/Neil Jennings

I hope that big scratch is not from the last Othawa lioness, etc.
2 users Like 1ofCourage's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

The big gash isn't, I think Nhenha gave him that over mating rights. The scratch over his eyebrow might be 

5 users Like Tonpa's post

1ofCourage Offline

(08-24-2022, 10:06 PM)Tonpa Wrote: The big gash isn't, I think Nhenha gave him that over mating rights. The scratch over his eyebrow might be 

It seems that the Xinghungwe hates to be away from Gingerella.  Perhaps it reminds her of when she lost her daughter, never to see her again.
This is not good that the Othawa pride is so near Nhenha and his partner.  I cannot invision a good outcome for the Othawa pride without some good distance between them.
Did Sassy know that Auntie died.  Is she waiting for her to reappear?
3 users Like 1ofCourage's post