There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Styx females and their cubs all enjoying a zebra kill.

8 users Like lionuk's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(10-08-2021, 04:33 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Any words of 2 Othawa breakeaway's? They where last seen in Singita few weeks ago if i remember correctly.
I've asked Savanna Private Game Reserve and they said they haven't seen them at all in the last 7 days. They only saw Nk male and Mhangeni Pride. .
5 users Like lionuk's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Three Styx females, their cubs and two of the N’waswishaka males on a zebra kill today.

*This image is copyright of its original author

10 users Like lionuk's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(10-07-2021, 05:03 PM)Timbavati Wrote: What a stunning sighting of Auntie Othawa and the cubs. They clearly have a love for her. She also was very closely of Junior when he was cub. Such a shame that she is infertile
Right, I agree. She was a great aunty to OM, she protected him when Dark Mane and Golden Mane pressurized him to leave the pride, she even gave DM a gentle slap in the face for that. As far as I know, she had a litter of cubs with the Selati males, but, sadly, she lost them. After that, she becomes infertile.
4 users Like lionuk's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Sand River Pride. They are doing well.
Photo credit: van der ploeg

8 users Like lionuk's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(10-08-2021, 07:04 PM)lionuk Wrote:
(10-07-2021, 05:03 PM)Timbavati Wrote: What a stunning sighting of Auntie Othawa and the cubs. They clearly have a love for her. She also was very closely of Junior when he was cub. Such a shame that she is infertile
Right, I agree. She was a great aunty to OM, she protected him when Dark Mane and Golden Mane pressurized him to leave the pride, she even gave DM a gentle slap in the face for that. As far as I know, she had a litter of cubs with the Selati males, but, sadly, she lost them. After that, she becomes infertile.

I’ve heard some say that….but when I asked Rob The Ranger about her having cubs, he said she was the only lioness who was never pregnant.   So I’m always confused with her and that ‘mystery’ litter I’ve heard about.
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

Contributor

(10-08-2021, 05:04 PM)lionuk Wrote: Nkuhuma subadult male with a scrap of zebra kill.
Photo credit: Tristan

Actually Avoca Pride Sub,  Thornybush @lionuk.
7 users Like criollo2mil's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(10-08-2021, 08:16 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(10-08-2021, 05:04 PM)lionuk Wrote: Nkuhuma subadult male with a scrap of zebra kill.

Ok, thanks for the correction. He looks great.
3 users Like lionuk's post

Contributor

(10-08-2021, 08:17 PM)lionuk Wrote:

Ok, thanks for the correction. He looks great.

NP, I only know cause I had saved the same picture earlier on IG.    I do agree.  Handsome boy.
3 users Like criollo2mil's post

United Kingdom Tonpa Offline
Contributor

9 users Like Tonpa's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Spot on my friend, The post was already moved to the Timbavati thread
2 users Like Timbavati's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(10-08-2021, 09:06 PM)Tonpa Wrote:

This is definitely not the entire pride, I could only count 4 adults females (includes Tinya) and the 2 cubs, the other 2 adults coudnt be found.
I believe they could be spending time with NK male in order to keep him away from the kill and the cubs.

If I miscounted, feel free to correct me
6 users Like Mdz123's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Dark Mane and young Talamati male. 
Photo credit: A.J.N. Experience

9 users Like lionuk's post

Contributor

(10-09-2021, 06:37 PM)Mdz123 Wrote:
(10-08-2021, 09:06 PM)Tonpa Wrote:

This is definitely not the entire pride, I could only count 4 adults females (includes Tinya) and the 2 cubs, the other 2 adults coudnt be found.
I believe they could be spending time with NK male in order to keep him away from the kill and the cubs.

If I miscounted, feel free to correct me

Yes, I count 6/8 Mhangeni in this video.
3 users Like criollo2mil's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

All Othawas and Tumbelas :

Photo Credits : diffmarimane

11 users Like Tr1x24's post