There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

United Kingdom lionuk Offline
Contributor

Torchwood male

*This image is copyright of its original author
11 users Like lionuk's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-08-2021, 09:22 PM by T I N O Edit Reason: Credits to his original author and correcting the ID of the sub-adult male )

Avoca sub-adult male with a scrap of zebra kill in Thornybush Game Reserve
Photo credit: Tristan Cary

13 users Like lionuk's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(10-08-2021, 10:09 AM)kobe8jf1234 Wrote:
(10-08-2021, 03:57 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(10-08-2021, 03:21 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(10-07-2021, 11:16 PM)Timbavati Wrote: The two Black dam young males this morning at Shindzela with the Birmingham breakaway pride around 
PC: Johan Adolf Smalman

There was another male following them in a distance, possibly Giraffe young male or maybe Birmingham breakeaway young male.

Looks like 3 lions in total back there

could it be his brothers ?

Birmingham breakaway members
2 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Birmingham breakaway pride update: The Birmingham breakaway pride killed a wildebeest and then the two Black Dam Males showed up. Looks like the black dam males stole some of the kill but eventually they started chasing each other. The breakaway pride left heading back south again.
7 users Like T I N O's post

Venezuela Cunaguaro Offline

The iconic male lion of Thornybush - A fantastic portrait of the Mapoza male finishing off an impala carcass who probably he may have stolen from a Leopard nearby.

Photo credits: @rudihulshof
9 users Like Cunaguaro's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Xikukutsu male :

Photo Credit : andrefouriewildlife

11 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(10-08-2021, 05:04 PM)lionuk Wrote: Nkuhuma subadult male with a scrap of zebra kill.
Photo credit: Tristan

Hi my friend. I moved your post to this thread since this young male is from the Avoca pride in Timbavati, instead of the Nkuhuma young male from Sabi Sands. Regards: Timbavati Moderator
6 users Like T I N O's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

The young Avoca Male lion, son of Mapoza male, that is still hanging out with the rest of the Avoca pride of #lions at the moment.

With pressure coming from the East because of a number of new lions in the area, the Avoca pride are spending more time here on the reserve at @royalmalewane than in the past. They provide an extra special experience to our guests on their #wildlife photographic #safari.

11 users Like Potato's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

1/3 Machaton males.
Credit: https://www.instagram.com/p/CR9ewslqIIZ/?utm_medium=copy_link

Attached Files Image(s)

13 users Like Brahim's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(10-09-2021, 07:14 AM)Brahimlegend Wrote: 1/3 Machaton males.
Credit: https://www.instagram.com/p/CR9ewslqIIZ/?utm_medium=copy_link

A true beast of male lion! BTW, @"Brahimlegend" I've moved your post to this thread.
3 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

What a sighting of this regal king! 1/2 Sark/Masungulo males at Pondoro Game Lodge in South Africa 
Photo credits: Marius Zeilinga

12 users Like T I N O's post

Contributor

One of the Black Dam Males. Pictures taken recently.

11 users Like lionuk's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(10-09-2021, 05:19 PM)lionuk Wrote: One of the Black Dam Males. Pictures taken recently.

Nice to see his mane darkening!
2 users Like Mdz123's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(10-09-2021, 05:19 PM)lionuk Wrote: One of the Black Dam Males. Pictures taken recently.

For me he is best looking male at the moment in Kruger. For me is is even a bit ahead in that matter to Hercules male who I considered so far the best looking male around.
4 users Like Potato's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(10-09-2021, 07:22 PM)Potato Wrote:

For me he is best looking male at the moment in Kruger. For me is is even a bit ahead in that matter to Hercules male who I considered so far the best looking male around.
I couldn't be more agree, this young male is a handsome boy, Hercules was seen this morning with the Giraffe pride and his partner in Tanda Tula.
2 users Like T I N O's post