There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 7 Vote(s) - 4.43 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(10-07-2021, 12:41 PM)lionuk Wrote: A Beautiful family portrait of Auntie Othawa and Othawa's 6 cubs. They clearly have respect for her by being well behaved around her!  
Photo credit: Pienaar @dulini 

*This image is copyright of its original author

What a stunning sighting of Auntie Othawa and the cubs. They clearly have a love for her. She also was very closely of Junior when he was cub. Such a shame that she is infertile
6 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Birmingham male Nhenha.
Sabi Sands, Photo credit: Patsy Weingart

*This image is copyright of its original author
14 users Like Timbavati's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Kambula cubs crossing a river 

10 users Like Tonpa's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(10-07-2021, 06:08 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Kambula cubs crossing a river 

Kambula #3 with her three remaining cubs of the oldest litter growing up very nicely.   Kambula #2 with her 4 young cubs…she’s the mother of the middle litter.   Kambula #1 (not seen here) is the mother of the four youngest cubs
8 users Like criollo2mil's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

4 users Like lionuk's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Update: A very concerning news, Ximhungwe cub hasn't been seen in a long time, not even accompanying her mother in recent sightings. According to Neil Jennings, he hasn't seen her with her mum for about 3 weeks now. 
3 users Like lionuk's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Unfortunate, but expected given all the territorial calls her mum was making
2 users Like Tonpa's post

Netherlands Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

I am sad to hear that.
That pride needed another lioness desperately.
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

But she's not that little; she is almost 1.5 years old. What possibly could have happened to her? 
I am really concerned, to be honest.
3 users Like lionuk's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-08-2021, 04:46 PM by lionuk )

I don't think Limper has something to do with her.
2 users Like lionuk's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-08-2021, 04:48 PM by Tr1x24 )

Lets not lose hope yet, maybe she wasnt there when they saw adult female. 

She was seen 3 weeks ago with mom and Limper in Inyati.. After that Limper returned to Othawas so there is possiblity that Othawas and Ximhungwes with Limper bumped into each other as adult female was very vocal, and Limper then rejoined Othawas... So maybe they split or (lets hope not) Othawas and Skorro Jr harm her..

I dont think Limper would harm here, adult female wouldnt allow that and i think she can handle him if he tried.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(10-08-2021, 04:46 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Lets not lose hope yet, maybe she wasnt there when they saw adult female. 

She was seen 3 weeks ago with mom and Limper in Inyati.. After that Limper returned to Othawas so there is possiblity that Othawas and Ximhungwes with Limper bumped into each other as adult female was very vocal, and Limper then rejoined Othawas... So maybe they split or (lets hope not) Othawas and Skorro Jr harm her..

I messaged Diff and he said similar thing as Neil Jennings about that missing cub. Furthermore, diff said that ximghungwe lioness was seen making crying calls for her daughter..
4 users Like lionuk's post

Netherlands Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Poor girl. She really cant get a break. I guess it must have happened when they were split up.
3 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-08-2021, 04:49 PM)lionuk Wrote: I messaged Diff and he said similar thing as Neil Jennings about that missing cub. Furthermore, diff said that ximghungwe lioness was seen making crying calls for her daughter..

Lets hope they split, subadult is old enough to temporary survive on her own.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Any words of 2 Othawa breakeaway's? They where last seen in Singita few weeks ago if i remember correctly.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post