There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-11-2021, 07:59 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: NP bro,,,,I wonder if Ridge Nose is still with them.  I don’t remember when I last saw all together

I dont think she is as recently they mated with 1 Mhangeni female.

2 Mhangeni females where not with the pride, 1 was with Nkuhuma young male and 1 with Plains Camps.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Oldest Nkuhuma young male stalking Thandi :

In my opinion this boy is prob sired by Mohawk based of face structure, and he also has those orange eyes just like him:

*This image is copyright of its original author
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Kambula cubs:

Photo Credit : moeguman_wildlife

8 users Like Tr1x24's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

The Styx lionesses and their cubs were still finishing off their zebra kill over the weekend. Two of the N’waswishaka males also were there with them. 

8 users Like lionuk's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Cute Othawa cubs 
11th October

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Tinya 
Singita, October 9, 2021
Photo credit: antonfloquet

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Mhangeni pride 
Singita, October 8, 2021
Photo credit: t.praver

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-11-2021, 03:31 PM)lionuk Wrote: Tinya 
Singita, October 9, 2021
Photo credit: antonfloquet

What a journey was to follow this young female from small cub to adult female she is now, her affection with her stepdad Othawa male will be something to remember for, she has that "fire" in her eyes, will be special female and leader of Mhangenis im future years i hope :

9 users Like Tr1x24's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Update: Gingerella has been seen after 2 weeks minus his brother. Maybe he's somewhere close by. We'll have to wait and see. 
She was seen at Savanna Game Reserve close to Othawa pride and hopefully that she will be accepted by the Tumbela males and rejoin the pride. 

6 users Like lionuk's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-11-2021, 09:18 PM by Tonpa )

The nzhenga males sister has cubs apparently, sired by her brothers? Seems she's settling in lion sands 

8 users Like Tonpa's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(10-11-2021, 04:02 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: What a journey was to follow this young female from small cub to adult female she is now, her affection with her stepdad Othawa male will be something to remember for, she has that "fire" in her eyes, will be special female and leader of Mhangenis im future years i hope :

Well stated and beautiful pictures! Thanks to the Magnificent Othawa Male for accepting her, played with her when she was a cub. That's what made him extra special. To be honest, his presence is sorely missed and it's heart-wrenching to know he's no longer here. Ironically, her fathers are responsible for his demise. 
And, yes, I agree she will be a special female and leader of the pride. She's proving to be a fantastic sister to Othawa Male's cubs, and hopefully she will continue to do that as they are also the future of the pride along with her. 
6 users Like lionuk's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(10-10-2021, 11:03 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: I do not like the look and sound of this.   She’s been this way all week.   No sub adult seen in over three weeks ?
Yes, I'm really worried about this. I just don't understand it, she's not that little, you know.
4 users Like lionuk's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Southern pride update with Ubuso N'waswitshaka male
The Southern Pride of lions has gone through quite a lot of change over the last few years. They were once quite a big pride, with over 20 lions. Through the years they have been brought down to one lioness who was left on her own at around 2 years of age - she's now roughly around 4 years old. Her first litter of cubs is now around 12 months old, and she has raised them on her own.
Luckily for her she has some adult company from the one Ndzhenga male, who clearly enjoys spending time with her and her cubs.
Photo credits: Field guide Liarina Swart

8 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(10-11-2021, 09:18 PM)Tonpa Wrote: The nzhenga males sister has cubs apparently, sired by her brothers? Seems she's settling in lion sands 

What a good update. I haven't heard about her in a long time. Wonder who sired the cubs.
2 users Like T I N O's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-12-2021, 12:37 AM by lionuk )

(10-11-2021, 09:43 PM)Timbavati Wrote: Luckily for her she has some adult company from the one Ndzhenga male, who clearly enjoys spending time with her and her cubs.
Yes, sometimes both Gore and Ubuso are there at the same time with her or one of them is with her.
4 users Like lionuk's post