There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Plains Camp male getting reprimanded by Nkuhuma female
Photo credits: Mike Cowden

*This image is copyright of its original author
6 users Like Timbavati's post

Hairy tummy Offline

Hes looking great definitely still 2 of them then?
3 users Like Hairy tummy's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(10-01-2021, 07:28 PM)Hairy tummy Wrote: Hes looking great definitely still 2 of them then?

Yes, still two of them. BTW, I sent you a PM. Let me to know if that has help you.
3 users Like Timbavati's post

Hairy tummy Offline

(10-01-2021, 07:32 PM)Timbavati Wrote:
(10-01-2021, 07:28 PM)Hairy tummy Wrote: Hes looking great definitely still 2 of them then?

Yes, still two of them. BTW, I sent you a PM. Let me to know if that has help you.

I think its worked, yipee ha
3 users Like Hairy tummy's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

August report is out https://malamala.com/game-reports

Random stuff of interest 

Kambula lioness & PC/Avoca/Nkuhumas 

The third fragment is two lionesses in the northern parts of the prides territory who are spending their time with the Northern Avoca males. Noteworthy events for the month include: On the 1st and 2nd , a lioness was mating with the Two Plains camp males around Sand Pit Crossing. The same lioness was mating with a Northern Avoca male for a couple of days around Campbell Koppies on the 5th and 6 th , the mating pair ended up in the area of the three lionesses, and seven cubs from the Nkuhuma with their buffalo kill south of Tlebe Rocks. Having not fed for several days, the Kambula lioness tried to feed on the kill but was aggressively chased out of the area by the three mothers

Avoca - BBoy territory

In the remaining 15 sightings, these males moved between the area of West Street and CharlestonNorth Crossing. With the events of last month around West Street and these males not being seen north of that area this month, it would appear the Gowrie males have yielded the northern half of MalaMala to the Northern Avoca males.

Five fourways sub-adults still around 

• Five sub-adults from the FOURWAYS PRIDE were south-east of Pat's Drift Koppies on the 5th .
5 users Like Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

Kambula female, mother of 3 oldest cubs, daughter of Hip Scar Majingilane:

Photo Credits : hineshpatel_photography

*This image is copyright of its original author
7 users Like Tr1x24's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

Finally an update on the fourways pride!
3 users Like Mdz123's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-02-2021, 01:53 AM by Tr1x24 )

(10-01-2021, 09:53 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Five fourways sub-adults still around 

• Five sub-adults from the FOURWAYS PRIDE were south-east of Pat's Drift Koppies on the 5th .

Finally some word from Fourways, they had around 6 cubs/subadults around 1 year ago, so looks like majority of them are still alive. 

Wonder where are 3 older females, possibly back in estrus and maybe with some new males, as by the looks of it, Kruger males completely abandon them.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

leaobr Offline

Any news on NK male? Still chasing the manghenis?
1 user Likes leaobr's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

4 users Like Tr1x24's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Dark Mane finds his kids and one of the adult Lioness. They are all a happy bunch!  No doubt these youngsters love their Dad as he does them -very nice to see!

6 users Like lionuk's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(10-02-2021, 12:12 AM)leaobr Wrote: Any news on NK male? Still chasing the manghenis?
Actually I asked Savannah Private Game Reserve and they said they haven't seen him at all this week.
2 users Like lionuk's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(10-02-2021, 12:20 AM)lionuk Wrote: Dark Mane finds his kids and one of the adult Lioness. They are all a happy bunch!  No doubt these youngsters love their Dad as he does them -very nice to see!
I noticed something on this video 0:28, a lion has two orbs but no mane?? Or am I wrong, that's a female?
1 user Likes lionuk's post

United Kingdom Mabingilane Offline
( This post was last modified: 10-02-2021, 12:37 AM by Mabingilane )

(10-01-2021, 11:01 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Finally some word from Fourways, they had around 6 cubs/subadults around 1 year ago, so looks like majority of them are still alive (1 was older subadult male, so possible that he left them). 

Wonder where are 3 older females, possibly back in estrus and maybe with some new males, as by the looks of it, Kruger males completely abandon them.

Do you know the current make-up of the Fourways Pride? Like,
- number of females and their ages
- cubs/subs and ages? 

I know there is one older female and one majingi daughter as well as matshipri daughter.

I lost all my old info and trying to re-do everything. 
Any help would be so very appreciated.
3 users Like Mabingilane's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(10-02-2021, 12:29 AM)lionuk Wrote: I noticed something on this video 0:28, a lion has two orbs but no mane?? Or am I wrong, that's a female?

Female.