There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Plains Camp Males at Singita
Photo credits: Singita

*This image is copyright of its original author

9 users Like lionuk's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Junior and mini Matimba?

10:30am
2 lion stationary
S1, 3.3km E of S3, 20m from the road
Near Phabeni
2/5
Tinged by Werries

Unfortunately no better photo, but this is exact place where they where last seen month or so ago, so its very likely thats them. 
10 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(09-30-2021, 12:24 PM)lionuk Wrote: Found a picture of two PC males together. That should confirm that they are fine. 

These look like adult lions.  Looks like Droplip   Second May be Maputo
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 09-30-2021, 09:06 PM by lionuk )

(09-30-2021, 06:37 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(09-30-2021, 12:24 PM)lionuk Wrote: Found a picture of two PC males together. That should confirm that they are fine. 

Maybe, yes. I agree. I understand Kruger also does have a place called Singita. I've just checked that IG to make sure, but it has now made private.
2 users Like lionuk's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 09-30-2021, 09:11 PM by lionuk )

(09-30-2021, 06:37 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Unfortunately no better photo, but this is exact place where they where last seen month or so ago, so its very likely thats them. 
 Hopefully we will see new, clear pictures of them soon for positive identifications. At least for now we know they are alive due to the location they were last seen.
3 users Like lionuk's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(09-30-2021, 09:03 PM)lionuk Wrote:

Maybe, yes. I agree. I understand Kruger also does have a place called Singita. I've just checked that IG to make sure, but it has now made private.

She re-posted into separate post.   They were taken @ Singita Lebombo

7 users Like criollo2mil's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(09-30-2021, 09:26 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(09-30-2021, 09:03 PM)lionuk Wrote:

She re-posted into separate post.   They were taken @ Singita Lebombo

Yes, definitely, it's Kumana male and Maputo male, good eye my friend
3 users Like Timbavati's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(09-30-2021, 09:26 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: She re-posted into separate post.   They were taken @ Singita Lebombo
Ah, yes. Still, it's great to see the remaining Kumana male sleeping so close to Maputo male.
3 users Like lionuk's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(09-30-2021, 04:05 PM)Timbavati Wrote: Thank you for sharing such valuable information, I was very concerned for the Plains camp boys
Yes, definitely. I got really concerned at first. Now I'm relieved to know these two beautiful males are accounted for and to quash that false, nasty rumours about them. 
You know, their fathers are successful lions, but some of their sons are experiencing mixed fortunes at the moment, sadly. For example, Sand River males.
5 users Like lionuk's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

All 8 Nkuhuma subadults, 1 subadult female has quite a bad limp on her front leg, hope she can recover, good to see they are all alive tho :

5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(09-30-2021, 09:42 PM)lionuk Wrote:
(09-30-2021, 04:05 PM)Timbavati Wrote: Thank you for sharing such valuable information, I was very concerned for the Plains camp boys
Yes, definitely. I got really concerned at first. Now I'm relieved to know these two beautiful males are accounted for and to quash that false, nasty rumours about them. 
You know, their fathers are successful lions, but some of their sons are experiencing mixed fortunes at the moment, sadly. For example, Sand River males.

I couldn't be more agree. The Mantimahle males are a successful coalition, I hope their sons will follow their steps, the Plains camp males are going to be massive and healthy, just like their dads.
6 users Like Timbavati's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Sub-adults from the Kambula pride and one lioness on the hunt.

4 users Like lionuk's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

The ridge-nosed Nkuhuma lioness at Simbambili Game Lodge
Photo credits: Mike Cowden

4 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

If all things works well for the Kambula young males. Will be interesting follow them in the next years. With a big number of males in the coalition. Without a doubt, they'll a force to be reckoned with. They have a proper size, healthy and well fed
3 users Like Timbavati's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-01-2021, 03:57 PM)Timbavati Wrote: If all things works well for the Kambula young males. Will be interesting follow them in the next years. With a big number of males in the coalition. Without a doubt, they'll a force to be reckoned with. They have a proper size, healthy and well fed

They are in great position atm, as breakeaway is formed, they now dont have pressure from their fathers/mothers to leave the pride, so they can hang out with their sisters for prob another year or so, in that area between Bboys and S. Avocas/Nwaswitshakas south, until they feel ready to leave them or until Kambula breakeaways get in estrus and start attracting other coalitions.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post