There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

United States sundarbans Offline

I see only two Mhangeni cubs are still surviving. What are their genders?
1 user Likes sundarbans's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

I think two girls. They just out out a video but I can't see properly cos I'm on my phone 

5 users Like Tonpa's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

New Kambula cubs 

6 users Like Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-28-2021, 04:15 PM)Tonpa Wrote: I think two girls. They just out out a video but I can't see properly cos I'm on my phone 

If im not mistaken, older cub is male.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(08-29-2021, 03:49 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(08-28-2021, 04:15 PM)Tonpa Wrote: I think two girls. They just out out a video but I can't see properly cos I'm on my phone 

If im not mistaken, older cub is male.

Actually I asked a Ranger a few weeks' ago about the gender of the oldest cub and he said it was a girl.
3 users Like lionuk's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Male in Singita,apperantly 2nd male was there also, looks like BD male and prob NK, which would be great :

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTIBfrngbB3/...=copy_link
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Yeah it's tricky to tell when they're young, I got a cat about a year ago that was sexed by everyone as a female, and then one day suddenly, two orbs emerged
3 users Like Tonpa's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Click 7:42 to see N. Avoca males

5 users Like lionuk's post

Duco Ndona Online
Contributor

Cats apparently have a large amount of intersex among them. Though normally the difference is clear enough to be accurately determined.

Salman B.A.M Offline

(08-17-2021, 03:51 PM)lionuk Wrote: Skorro jr mating with the Tsalala female 

I am not able to see this link by default in the posts. Do i have to change settings on this website or something? new here.
2 users Like Salman B.A.M's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(08-29-2021, 07:38 PM)Salman B.A.M Wrote: I am not able to see this link by default in the posts. Do i have to change settings on this website or something? new here.
I use Chrome browser, which works well for me.
3 users Like lionuk's post

Salman B.A.M Offline

(08-28-2021, 12:32 PM)Tonpa Wrote: The lighter maned PC male gets a bit too close to his brother mating with the Ximhungwe female and gets a reprimand 
Video by thebrookewalter

https://scontent-lcy1-2.cdninstagram.com...sid=276363

I am hoping they will be the future of SS. Mantimahle gene in SS is an honor to watch
3 users Like Salman B.A.M's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Ximungwe lioness and her daughter. She's vocalising so I guess she's staking her claim to that part of land 

5 users Like Tonpa's post

Duco Ndona Online
Contributor

Well. Its roughly her birthplace. I cant blame her.
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

United Kingdom Hairy tummy Offline

7 users Like Hairy tummy's post